New To Peating, Need Help Making A Plan To Follow (blood Work Included)

natewill

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking through the forum and Ray Peat’s work for a short while now and want to see if I’m on the right path. I was able to convince my doctor to run a thyroid panel and testosterone test so here are those results as well as lipids and A1c:
IMG-3140.PNG
IMG-3139.PNG
IMG-3138.PNG
IMG-3137.PNG

About me: I’m a 24yo male, 5’11” and 247 pounds. I put on 25 pounds in the last 9 months. I’ve been less active and eating more (especially around the holidays). My sleep has suffered a bit having a four month old. I like to say I put on baby weight with my wife when she was pregnant lol. I am clearly overweight as I have been my whole life. I was very active in high school (heaviest football weight of 260lbs) and college playing sports and lifting weights so I have decent size and definition under the fat with a LBM of 180 pounds.

I’ve dealt with allergies and eczema since a child off and on but it came back worst its ever been when I was vegan for over a year. I’m assuming it has to do with a damaged gut/metabolism from all the PUFA and crap I would eat. Gas/bloating is another problem I deal with and my morning temps are around 96.8-97.2 but when I have a good breakfast with carbs and coffee/broth it gets up to around 98.3-98.7. Pule stays around 70-75bpm. Other than that, I don’t feel that bad. I’m pretty young with a great sex drive but mainly looking to lose body fat, increase metabolism and testosterone levels which are pretty low for a male my age and of course resolving my eczema and allergy issues.

As of now I’d say 80% of my diet is eggs, raw milk, honey/maple syrup, lots of orange and grape juice, beef, chicken, fish, some organ meats occasionally, rice, potatoes, fruits, and some well cooked vegetables like dandelion greens, mushrooms, carrots, and squashes. The other 20% comes from cravings of foods I know are not good for me but I am working on consistency. I’m a big guy but when I go over 3000k calories I put on weight so I try to keep it around 2500k and hit all my macros/micros using cronometer. I'm looking for opinions and recommendations on where to start because I am a bit lost. Thank you.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey man,

Glucose is a little high, which could just be indicative of the elevated trigs, although a free fatty acid measure would help more. You might have a little insulin resistance though. Walks after meals help with that. Magnesium, vitamin D, calcium, potassium and glycine can help with that.

Free T3 is low, which could be because rT3 is high or because of poor T4 to T3 conversion or simply because you have high thyroid hormone binding globulin. Stress increases T4 to rT3 conversion, and stress, poor liver function and a selenium deficiency reduce T4 to T3 conversion.

Total cholesterol is slightly elevated which is most likely just an indication of reduced thyroid function.

Your allergies and eczema could be because of food sensitivities and/or sensitivity to vitamin A. Most peoples' skin issues go away when they eliminate problematic foods. Troublesome foods include A1 milk, nightshade, lectins, gluten, FODMAP rich food, vitamin A rich food.
Since your temps and pulse isn't bad at all, I don't think you're running on your adrenals...yet. Your cortisol could be high though. Cortisol, fat tissue and inflammation increase the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, so fixing that can also increase your T.
I'd focus on the gut. Eliminate all foods that give you digestive issues. Starches and high FODMAP foods are the usual causes. If your digestion isn't in tip top shape, then starches might also interfere with your protein digestion.

How active are you during the day?

OP
N

natewill

Hey man,

Glucose is a little high, which could just be indicative of the elevated trigs, although a free fatty acid measure would help more. You might have a little insulin resistance though. Walks after meals help with that. Magnesium, vitamin D, calcium, potassium and glycine can help with that.

Free T3 is low, which could be because rT3 is high or because of poor T4 to T3 conversion or simply because you have high thyroid hormone binding globulin. Stress increases T4 to rT3 conversion, and stress, poor liver function and a selenium deficiency reduce T4 to T3 conversion.

Total cholesterol is slightly elevated which is most likely just an indication of reduced thyroid function.

Your allergies and eczema could be because of food sensitivities and/or sensitivity to vitamin A. Most peoples' skin issues go away when they eliminate problematic foods. Troublesome foods include A1 milk, nightshade, lectins, gluten, FODMAP rich food, vitamin A rich food.
Since your temps and pulse isn't bad at all, I don't think you're running on your adrenals...yet. Your cortisol could be high though. Cortisol, fat tissue and inflammation increase the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, so fixing that can also increase your T.
I'd focus on the gut. Eliminate all foods that give you digestive issues. Starches and high FODMAP foods are the usual causes. If your digestion isn't in tip top shape, then starches might also interfere with your protein digestion.

How active are you during the day?
Thank you for the reply! I will take a look at everything you mentioned and apply it as needed. I already supplement with magnesium bicarbonate and mag chloride spray. I'm not very active..I walk everyday around 45-60 minutes in the sun and do some core exercises/ push-ups at home since gyms are closed and I don't have much equipment. Other than that pretty sedentary.

ruprmurdoch

I can give you advice. You have to cut sugars from your diet, eat more proteins like cottage chesse. If you want to eat something sweet just try to substitute it with rich protein food. You will loose some pounds by doing that. You can first try it for few days.

OP
N

natewill

I can give you advice. You have to cut sugars from your diet, eat more proteins like cottage chesse. If you want to eat something sweet just try to substitute it with rich protein food. You will loose some pounds by doing that. You can first try it for few days.

I get around 250g of carbs per day. How much of that would you say to cut out? I was planning to just cut out starch and keep simple sugars. Thinking it'll help with the bloating.

HUF

Don't cut carbs 250g is absolute minimum. Win at life is a good way to go APPLICATION. I believe Kitty and Craig are doing a program shortly for men. She uses Rays principals in a simple way and gets results. There are numerous people on here that don't follow Ray's ideas so you have to learn who is worth listening to. All the best mate

GreekDemiGod

I deal with and my morning temps are around 96.8-97.2 but when I have a good breakfast with carbs and coffee/broth it gets up to around 98.3-98.7.
Morning wake-up temperature at wake-up time is the true marker of metabolic health here, though it's good that you can achieve good temps throught the day.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking through the forum and Ray Peat’s work for a short while now and want to see if I’m on the right path. I was able to convince my doctor to run a thyroid panel and testosterone test so here are those results as well as lipids and A1c: View attachment 17521 View attachment 17522 View attachment 17523 View attachment 17524

About me: I’m a 24yo male, 5’11” and 247 pounds. I put on 25 pounds in the last 9 months. I’ve been less active and eating more (especially around the holidays). My sleep has suffered a bit having a four month old. I like to say I put on baby weight with my wife when she was pregnant lol. I am clearly overweight as I have been my whole life. I was very active in high school (heaviest football weight of 260lbs) and college playing sports and lifting weights so I have decent size and definition under the fat with a LBM of 180 pounds.

I’ve dealt with allergies and eczema since a child off and on but it came back worst its ever been when I was vegan for over a year. I’m assuming it has to do with a damaged gut/metabolism from all the PUFA and crap I would eat. Gas/bloating is another problem I deal with and my morning temps are around 96.8-97.2 but when I have a good breakfast with carbs and coffee/broth it gets up to around 98.3-98.7. Pule stays around 70-75bpm. Other than that, I don’t feel that bad. I’m pretty young with a great sex drive but mainly looking to lose body fat, increase metabolism and testosterone levels which are pretty low for a male my age and of course resolving my eczema and allergy issues.

As of now I’d say 80% of my diet is eggs, raw milk, honey/maple syrup, lots of orange and grape juice, beef, chicken, fish, some organ meats occasionally, rice, potatoes, fruits, and some well cooked vegetables like dandelion greens, mushrooms, carrots, and squashes. The other 20% comes from cravings of foods I know are not good for me but I am working on consistency. I’m a big guy but when I go over 3000k calories I put on weight so I try to keep it around 2500k and hit all my macros/micros using cronometer. I'm looking for opinions and recommendations on where to start because I am a bit lost. Thank you.

What were your Fatsources before?Any idea about numbers in regards to PUFA?How much 6 and 3?I have a hunch that exczema stems from acquired Omega6 dominance.

OP
N

natewill

Morning wake-up temperature at wake-up time is the true marker of metabolic health here, though it's good that you can achieve good temps throught the day.
Yeah, my morning temps stink right now. It was almost impossible to get above 98.0 during the day but daily walks in the sun
What were your Fatsources before?Any idea about numbers in regards to PUFA?How much 6 and 3?I have a hunch that exczema stems from acquired Omega6 dominance.

My whole life up until recent was full of PUFA's. Standard american diet to plant based was full of pufa so I am now aware of my pufa consumption. Mainly coming from eggs, milk and meat now. I'm wary of cutting out meat or eggs to limit pufa like i've seen in other threads.

Yeah, my morning temps stink right now. It was almost impossible to get above 98.0 during the day but daily walks in the sun

My whole life up until recent was full of PUFA's. Standard american diet to plant based was full of pufa so I am now aware of my pufa consumption. Mainly coming from eggs, milk and meat now. I'm wary of cutting out meat or eggs to limit pufa like i've seen in other threads.

Yes,i would advise against that also,Protein and hard to supplement micros in these foods are too important.I dont know what Peat has to say about Ratios or if he cares at all,seeing them as unphysiologic,but imo you should go for an O6:O3 Ratio of near 1:1.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals