New To "Peating" - Need Advice On Progesterone

Hello people,

I've just come up to Ray Peat's ideas less than two weeks ago and I could say I'm doing pretty good. I've gone semi-orthodox from the start I think. :tearsofjoy:

This is the thing: I would like to know about the right way to supplement Progesterone (if needed).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my situation before I discovered RP's ideas:

I was struggling with an organic depression which was turning very difficult for my psychiatrist to treat.
We tried a lot of drugs: Sertraline, Aripiprazole, Venlafaxine, Bupropion, and Vortioxetine. All this from May to October 2020.

The only drug which showed a significant improvement was the amphetamine Bupropion. From the rest I felt nothing, neither good or bad. But my problem didn' get solved with that.

That's when I started reading that actually increasing serotonin levels was the opposite way to go if I wanted to get rid of my depression.

It just made sense to me (and decided to take a step of faith).

- I stopped all medication within a week.
- Added 1,5g Aspirin daily.
- Ate one or two raw carrots everyday.
- Kept sunbathing and doing exercise.
- Started taking more caffeine through coffee, yerba mate and Red Bull.
- Kept with the cold showers.
- "No fap" (religious reasons are enough evidence it is the way to go).
- Increased the salt intake + gelatin + creatine + ginger root + oranges + saturated fats.
- I am about to add liver to my diet.

So, it turns out I felt better in matter of days and I got rid of the years-old depression. (with no psychotropic drugs - I'm stunned).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I was left with a severe symptom of estrogen dominance that I want to get rid of: Gynecomastia

This, I think as well tells of a Prolactin excess.

Should supplementing Progesterone be a good approach?

I am open to read your comments.

Greetings from Argentina.

equipoise

1,5g aspirin daily? That's a huge dose tbh. How's your K2 intake?

One key thing about incorporating Peat's ideas is to start SLOWLY. Track everything.

Adding sugar, caffeine, aspirin, 232332 supplements, gelatine, orange juice, upping salt.. See where I'm going?

Most of us have started out like this, so no judging obviously. Try and do one thing for a couple of days and see how you respond.

I've been experimenting with Progesterone for a couple of weeks now and I find it very anti-estrogen.

Start out with no more than 3mg's at most. Trust me. Do that a couple of times a day, spaced out. Eat enough, like every other anabolic hormone it's gonna stimulate your metabolism and make you hungry.

If you sense something is wrong, stop, reasses the situ, and try and see where you failed.

Forum is a great place for researching. The search bar works really well, I suggest you read Peat's articles on progesterone, and experiences of others. Studies, etc.
The more you know about any substance is gonna obviously help you.

One should not take LSD or shrooms without religiously learning about it before, as to know why things like "bad trips" can happen.
Same notion applies to everything else in the universum. Even adding sugar to coffee should be tracked.

Good luck.

Methylene Blue (MB) at 1-2mg I would recommend, make sure its USP grade though, and I would reduce the Aspirin by half, 1.5g seems too much.
MB added to Red Bull feels like 'rocket' fuel to me.

rei

I never took progesterone internally but one pump of skin cream was a very noticeable effect for a chronically stressed body. The first time you use it there might be estrogen "detox" sickness as the estrogen is flushed out from the cells for processing. (speculation on my experience based on what i have read from peat)

Arnold Grape

One key thing about incorporating Peat's ideas is to start SLOWLY. Track everything.

Adding sugar, caffeine, aspirin, 232332 supplements, gelatine, orange juice, upping salt.. See where I'm going?

Good luck.

Agreed** My concept after experimenting with all of these things is that aspirin and progesterone span a similar therapeutic territory. Both of these things made me feel as good as I have in my entire life, but over time it came at the expense of lowering e too much, which creates its own subset of problems. Do not take not take these things together, specifically if you are taking the quoted amount of aspirin above.

OP
Guille Yacante
Well, first of all thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

- I haven't been taking any Vitamin K aside from what I can get from foods.

I would reduce the Aspirin by half, 1.5g seems too much.

- I'll give it a try then, 750mg instead of 1,5g of Aspirin daily. Maybe because I did it short term I had no problems.

Methylene Blue (MB) at 1-2mg I would recommend, make sure its USP grade though

- Is this the same product used in fish tanks?

I've been experimenting with Progesterone for a couple of weeks now and I find it very anti-estrogen.

Start out with no more than 3mg's at most. Trust me.

- Do you mean 300mg's?

No because it is USP grade, the fish tank stuff has more toxicity because of metals, however we're talking PPM (parts per million) such as arsenic, aluminum, cadmium, mercury and lead.

Methylene Blue – Nootropics Expert

It is very safe at 1-2mg :D

What is MB effect on you?
@R J Seems to have a nootropic effect, lifts mood and is calming. A small (but noticeable) raising of body temperature and small sleep improvement/s, I also use Aspirin but take them apart :):

equipoise

- I haven't been taking any Vitamin K aside from what I can get from foods.

- I'll give it a try then, 750mg instead of 1,5g of Aspirin daily. Maybe because I did it short term I had no problems.

- Do you mean 300mg's?

No, absolutely not 300mg's.

I mean three miligrams.

Always start low, because you can always take more but you can never take less

noqcks

Hey man. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I have had some success with progesterone and my gynocomastia. Within minutes of applying progesterone the hard breast tissue softened greatly. Using the CortiNon (3:1) product from IdeaLabs, but any should work.

As far as dosage, I attempted what I thought was a small dose. 1 drop on each side of the chest. I tried to do this everyday, and then realized I my libido went away. My sleep quality was amazing though!

Progesterone can build up in you tissues I believe, which is why I didn't notice the libido lowering effects until after a couple days. Once I stopped progesterone my libido returned 2-3 days later.

I started dosing 1-2 drops every couple days before bed and this seemed to work well and not kill my libido. What I've found is my level of libido is a good indicator or when I dose too high on progesterone. If I noticed my libido is becoming affected, I just dose down. I continued dosing for 2-3 weeks and got the results I wanted, so I have since stopped.

Overall I highly recommend progesterone in small doses.

OP
Guille Yacante
Thank you @noqcks.

I've tried looking for a topical progesterone product here in Argentina but with no luck.

The only presentation I found were 100mg or 200mg of oral progesterone (pills).

What are your thoughts (or anybody else's reading this) on taking progesterone orally?

Would it be effective as well? Which would be an efficient dose?

HUF

[email protected]

Email the manufacturer and they ship it to you. It is ray peats formula. The most cost effective and best product on the market.

Glad things are working for you. I would also take it slow and use diet mainly.

I started out like a bull at a gate because I felt so good but ended up crashing and had to reassess. Now I just use diet, vit k2, aspirin, thyroid. Occasionally cascara as needed. Ray always suggested to me to keep it simple.

As a male I have put 3mg progest e on lips occasionally, I found it really hammers down Estrogen and is calming but lowered libido too much so I feel aspirin was better for me

All the best with it mate

Thank you @noqcks.

I've tried looking for a topical progesterone product here in Argentina but with no luck.

The only presentation I found were 100mg or 200mg of oral progesterone (pills).

What are your thoughts (or anybody else's reading this) on taking progesterone orally?

Would it be effective as well? Which would be an efficient dose?

mostlylurking

Methylene Blue (MB) at 1-2mg I would recommend, make sure its USP grade though, and I would reduce the Aspirin by half, 1.5g seems too much.
MB added to Red Bull feels like 'rocket' fuel to me.
You realize, of course, that methylene blue is NOT the thing to do if you are dealing with a load of serotonin? Methylene Blue and the Risk of Serotonin Toxicity - Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation

1.5 grams of aspirin isn't considered a high dose. This is the amount I take on the days that I'm dealing with increased inflammation. It equals less that two regular aspirins three times a day. It is important though to take 1 mg K2 for each 325 mg aspirin.

mrchibbs

You realize, of course, that methylene blue is NOT the thing to do if you are dealing with a load of serotonin? Methylene Blue and the Risk of Serotonin Toxicity - Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation

1.5 grams of aspirin isn't considered a high dose. This is the amount I take on the days that I'm dealing with increased inflammation. It equals less that two regular aspirins three times a day. It is important though to take 1 mg K2 for each 325 mg aspirin.

Well...Methylene Blue has been known to reverse bipolar depression in a few weeks at 10-15mg daily, so I wouldn't discount it altogether.

SonOfEurope

Hola guiCHE,

Soy Hombre, he usado progesterona por mas de 2 años en una dosis de 28mg dividida en dos por mañana y tárde, me ayudo a salir de una jodida dependencia de benzodiazepinos (nunca toques esa mierda) con un gran esfuerzo mio y el haber adoptado un protocolo pro-metabolico inspirado en el Dr. Peat.

Sin embargo, esa dosis fue algo mayor a lo que recomendaría a un hombre que no esta en tal desesperación - mi recomendación es que empieces y te mantengas entre 5mg y 10mg al día.... Dividido en dos - te ayudará.

Mi consejo seria tópica grado USP y que midas bien la dosis - la mayor absorción se da en los antebrazos, hombros y especialmente frente.

Siendo el antítesis del Estrógeno - en dosis altas (mas de 30/40mg al día ) se opone a los androgenos también - algo que obviamente no deseas, pero una dosis fisiológica dentro de 10mg ayudará al sistema a eliminar el peso estrogenico y restaurar función tiroidica y por ende testicular, detoxificando el Estrógeno mientras mejora tu metabolismo.

La aspirina esta un poco pasada en 1.5 gramos... No pases de 650mg y siempre con K2 y amplio magnesio y gelatina.... Estando en Argentina supongo que te puedes costear buenos cortes gelatinosos...

Hablando de minerales, progesterona es una hormona anabolica y precisamente aumenta el potasio celular y deberás ingerir amplios minerales - magnesio, sodio, calcio, cinc etc.. Te recomiendo aumentar las calorías en armonía con tu apetito pero intentar reducir la grasa en favor de carbos limpios... Mientras mantengas las liposolubles y minerales disponibles y que te enfoques en entrenamiento Anaeróbico (Deadlift, sprints ) la gynecomastia deberá desaparecer con la restauración de Tiroide (por progesterona ) el aumento androgenico que esto conlleva y función hepática (higado) encargándose del Estrógeno.

Dormir mínimo 8,5 horas por noche, mis consejos... Buena suerte.