New to forum - Are there peaterians with successful pregnancy stories?

Elvie

Hi, All:

I am a new member to this forum. I have been a follower of Ray Peat's guidelines for almost a year, as a result - Pregnant! which was almost smth. t I thought would never happen. I have no nausea or other unpleasant symptoms of pregnancy which seems to bother all my friends and relatives, who tend to believe that nausea is a sign of strong pregnancy hormones kicking in. Is it? Is there a link to a discussion on healthy pregnancy? Unfortunately, "Search" did not yield good results, unless I searched for it correctly. Are there knowledgeable peaterians with successful pregnancy stories? I would like to know more about using progest-e as well as how to e-mail Dr.Peat directly? Thank you so very much.

Elvie

tara

:welcome Elvie

OP
E

Elvie

Are there any suggestions on tests to consider and reject when pregnant? There is so much controversy on sonogram, GTT and other routine tests. I ask my CNM if I could use progesterone - her reply was ABSOLUTELY NOT, never even tested me for levels.
Thank you.

tara

I didn't come upon Peat's writing till a few years after my kids were born, so I can't report on your main question. Had I read more, I might have been better nourished and more able to withstand some of the stresses of pregnancy, birth and early mothering.

The glucose challenge test was not standard for all pregnancies here - I just got to pee on a stick every time I met the midwife. But I had one a few years previously. I found it very stressful, I think because my bloodsugars dropped too low for me to function by the end of it. Not everyone has that reaction. If you are considering doing it, I wouldn't necessarily advise against, but I would recommend reading Peat's articles on sugar and diabetes. My reading is that he would not be so quick to diagnose pregnancy diabetes, nor so quick to take drastic action to reduce apparent hyperglycemia.

Personally, I went with the standard ultrasounds, and also had a more invasive and risky CVS, but the latter was because I was in an age range where the chance of abnormalities is higher. I think one of the key questions to ask yourself about testing/scans is what you will do with the information. If nothing would induce you to a termination, then there is less point in some of the tests and the small risks they entail. For me, I figured there were some conditions where fetal or baby survival are so unlikely that I'd probably act on such info. But others might weigh these up differently.
Peat is very clear about wanting to avoid any unnecessary x-rays, but I would guess no-one will suggest them for pregnancy.

Peat's talked about Brewer's work on diet and pregnancy - ensuring adequate protein, salt and overall nutrition.

OP
E

Elvie

Thank you, Tara. I read Brewer's recommendations, and do believe that following high intake of protein, salt combined with Peat's PUFA avoidance is the reason I don't have symptoms of supposedly healthy pregnancy that everyone in the family expects me to have: nausea, sickness, certain food intolerance.
Do you happen to know how to write Ray Peat directly, I don't mind paying for a consultation - just don't know how and where?
Once again, many thanks for your time and sharing your experience.
Elvie

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals