New Sensitivity to Nightshades

Kray

I did not stop supplements for anything to do with eczema just because none of them helped me. The only thing I did for eczema was loweing vitamin A and especially lutein.
Ha- good enough reason! Thanks for the tip on eczema. I've recently stopped vitamin A supplement and
In addition to potato starch, I started interpreting in food labels that list 'natural spices' in the ingredient list as an indication that it 'probably contains nightshades'. I discovered that by using mustard at a friends house.
So true! They know how to do it- go as far as you can without going over the line.

David PS

Ha- good enough reason! Thanks for the tip on eczema. I've recently stopped vitamin A supplement and

So true! They know how to do it- go as far as you can without going over the line.
I only had a little mustard but I recognized the isssues with my hands. Things returned to normal after about 4 days. Life is good..

redsun

I did not stop supplements for anything to do with eczema just because none of them helped me. The only thing I did for eczema was loweing vitamin A and especially lutein.

Your dietary changes likely somehow resulted in a decrease in cyclic AMP activity and overall reduced neurotransmission of dopamine and norepinephrine which also in general help inhibit excessive cholinergic activity. You reduced eggs, a major source of iodine. Most people get their iodine from milk and eggs. I don't know how much milk you drink, but you may not be getting enough iodine if you don't consume much. Thats why I asked about dairy. Thyroid hormones strongly increase cyclic AMP which then upregulates acetylcholinesterase activity. This is the exact mechanism that leads to increased acetylcholinesterase from forskolin. I don't know much about what else changed because I don't know what else you did. Thats my best guess with the information I was given.

The other thing is reduced ATP production will also reduce uptake of glutamate which will increase stress levels and also exacerbate all your symptoms such as insomnia. Dreaming is actually triggered by a glutamate receptor, which then stimulates acetylcholine release. So high stress levels or high glutamate (due to reduced ATP production reducing how well you clear glutamate) can both contribute to this problem. Vitamin A is actually indirectly an anti-cholinergic since it upregulates glutamate transport. These can all be involved.

Last edited:

Kray

Your dietary changes likely somehow resulted in a decrease in cyclic AMP activity and overall reduced neurotransmission of dopamine and norepinephrine which also in general help inhibit excessive cholinergic activity. You reduced eggs, a major source of iodine. Most people get their iodine from milk and eggs. I don't know how much milk you drink, but you may not be getting enough iodine if you don't consume much. Thats why I asked about dairy. Thyroid hormones strongly increase cyclic AMP which then upregulates acetylcholinesterase activity. This is the exact mechanism that leads to increased acetylcholinesterase from forskolin. I don't know much about what else changed because I don't know what else you did. Thats my best guess with the information I was given.

The other thing is reduced ATP production will also reduce uptake of glutamate which will increase stress levels and also exacerbate all your symptoms such as insomnia. Dreaming is actually triggered by a glutamate receptor, which then stimulates acetylcholine release. So high stress levels or high glutamate (due to reduced ATP production reducing how well you clear glutamate) can both contribute to this problem. Vitamin A is actually indirectly an anti-cholinergic since it upregulates glutamate transport. These can all be involved.
On a Peaty diet, do you recommend A supplementation?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals