New RP Interview (8/5) Says, "stop Eating For A While."

RealNeat

@51:26

I think Peat just recommended fasting for weight loss.

I believe and have experimented that it can be done, as long as the rest of the diet is adequate and isn't "restriction" based.

Cyclic intermittent fasting with Peaty foods when eating.

Energizer

I interpreted that as he would follow his appetite and not eat when not hungry, not that he was recommending people to fast. In his interviews he has consistently advised against fasting because of it being stressful to the system.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I interpreted that as he would follow his appetite and not eat when not hungry, not that he was recommending people to fast. In his interviews he has consistently advised against fasting because of it being stressful to the system.

it depends on what the person is eating. Some people are really better off not eating as much if it means eating less of the damaging stuff. He also discusses this when referring to benefits from fasting and keto, where it's not the "diet" but rather eating less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff even if it's not "optimal."

I know his stance, and his reiteration of metabolic damage from FFA etc.. but to hear him say it so bluntly is different from any of his other interviews I've heard.

Aymen

I agree.

Tarmander

The key is finding out why you need to be eating all the time in the first place.

It is probably EMF, mold, fungal/bacterial infection, or something else that is stimulating the stress system.

Not eating doesn't address those very well except in the fungal/bacterial case, which is probably why fasting works well for some but not all

mrchibbs

Again Ray has a much more nuanced perspective than is often depicted.

Ray is remarkably consistent, I remember several interviews over the few years where he has talked at least semi-favourably about fasting.

In particular, I think he said at some point that drinking mineral-rich broth during a l0w-calorie or ''fasting'' was enough to prevent 90% of muscle and tissue wastage from high cortisol.

cjm

In particular, I think he said at some point that drinking mineral-rich broth during a l0w-calorie or ''fasting'' was enough to prevent 90% of muscle and tissue wastage from high cortisol.

I would love to find/see this quote. My girlfriend is doing intermittent fasting right now in an effort to lose weight and I think it's causing more stress than it's worth. Myself, I've taken to eating my big meals after normal work hours and I feel great but I'm always wondering if it's the stress hormones talking.

gaze

so has anyone actually met someone in real life who uses milk and cheese as the staple of their diet?

mrchibbs

I would love to find/see this quote. My girlfriend is doing intermittent fasting right now in an effort to lose weight and I think it's causing more stress than it's worth. Myself, I've taken to eating my big meals after normal work hours and I feel great but I'm always wondering if it's the stress hormones talking.

Yeah sorry, I wouldn't know which interview it was. I've listened to so many interviews that I lose track. It was probably a One Radio Network interview in the last year or so.

cjm

No worries, he speaks favorably enough about broth in various articles on his website. That 90% figure is juicy, though.

Drareg

This is amazing to see, I notice a rough ten year period since the internet for ideas/process that have coherency to really take off if they are "counter culture", pro metabolic "peaty" will rise up at a much quicker rate at this point.
Some of their other videos are pretty good also.

The more women are made aware of the pills effects the better for society as whole, intelligence and critical thinking capacity will come roaring back.
The "peaty" sphere has been dominated by penis fencing males for too long, relentless posts about topical application of hormones on the balls in the hope we will become Superman overnight wont save humanity, the priming in the womb is hugely influential, I’m not being PC here, it’s a reality we need.

cjm

@cjm

Could be wrong, but I believe I listened to the interview in question earlier today.

Timestamped it for you.

Brilliant, man, great link. I can already hear my girlfriend saying "but his voice..."

Have you or has anyone noticed a difference in efficacy between store-bought and homemade broth? Homemade tastes so much better than Pacific or Swanson and I imagine there is correlation between the taste and the mineral content.

5a-DHP

Brilliant, man, great link. I can already hear my girlfriend saying "but his voice..."

Haven't you heard? If you don't sound 20 at 87 years of age, everything you say about the physiology of aging and stress is false by default.

Jokes aside; my pleasure, dude.

LUH 3417

This is amazing to see, I notice a rough ten year period since the internet for ideas/process that have coherency to really take off if they are "counter culture", pro metabolic "peaty" will rise up at a much quicker rate at this point.
Some of their other videos are pretty good also.

The more women are made aware of the pills effects the better for society as whole, intelligence and critical thinking capacity will come roaring back.
The "peaty" sphere has been dominated by penis fencing males for too long, relentless posts about topical application of hormones on the balls in the hope we will become Superman overnight wont save humanity, the priming in the womb is hugely influential, I’m not being PC here, it’s a reality we need.

Thank you for your balanced perspective

cjm

Haven't you heard? If you don't sound 20 at 87 years of age, everything you say about the physiology of aging and stress is false by default.

Jokes aside; my pleasure, dude.

Had a smile over this. Cheers!

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think Peat just recommended fasting for weight loss.

I believe and have experimented that it can be done, as long as the rest of the diet is adequate and isn't "restriction" based.

Cyclic intermittent fasting with Peaty foods when eating.

The question at 51:26 was specifically about what should a person who is "50-60 lbs overweight" do to lose weight. To which he responded, "first, stop eating for a while"...AND then "...go on a low-fat diet...".
Furthermore, around 53:55 they push him to answer the question if "calories matter" as I am guessing they wanted him to explicitly answer the fasting/dieting question and then he goes on to say that a person who has been dieting will have tanked their metabolism to the point where they are only burning 700-800 calories daily, and his recommendation is to NOT do that but instead increase protein in the diet at the expense of fat, and also increase calcium intake as that would "very quickly" restore their metabolism and allow their muscles to recover, which would then further up the metabolic rate.
So, it seems to me he very clearly advised against chronic fasting, and possibly endorsed a brief fasting period only for severely overweight people.

@Energizer @Aymen @mrchibbs

Lejeboca

The question at 51:26 was specifically about what should a person who is "50-60 lbs overweight" do to lose weight. To which he responded, "first, stop eating for a while"...AND then "...go on a low-fat diet...".
Furthermore, around 53:55 they push him to answer the question if "calories matter" as I am guessing they wanted him to explicitly answer the fasting/dieting question and then he goes on to say that a person who has been dieting will have tanked their metabolism to the point where they are only burning 700-800 calories daily, and his recommendation is to NOT do that but instead increase protein in the diet at the expense of fat, and also increase calcium intake as that would "very quickly" restore their metabolism and allow their muscles to recover, which would then further up the metabolic rate.
So, it seems to me he very clearly advised against chronic fasting, and possibly endorsed a brief fasting period only for severely overweight people.

@Energizer @Aymen @mrchibbs

I understood Peat's "stop eating for a while" like "stop eating when you are not hungry", i.e., his "for a while" means maybe "until your glycogen stores are depleted" :):