New RP Interview (8/5) Says, "stop Eating For A While."

mrchibbs

Yeah. I use it every day and also got camphosal and use that too. It’s worse than ever since I started eating cheese and drank a single glass of milk. I think it’s time to invest in allergy testing

Great! From my readings I think lipid peroxidation is a big factor in acne. Continue taking a little vitamin E daily. TocoVit can be quite economical. 2 drops a day is 50IU. Acne sufferers have measurably low A, zinc, and vitamin E.

How has the camphosal been going?

ursidae

Great! From my readings I think lipid peroxidation is a big factor in acne. Continue taking a little vitamin E daily. TocoVit can be quite economical. 2 drops a day is 50IU. Acne sufferers have measurably low A, zinc, and vitamin E.

How has the camphosal been going?
For vitamin A you advised me to back off from liver and reduce eggs since I’m hypo so I’ve been doing that. Still eating oysters as often as possible
It gave me diarrhoea for several days, headaches, rosacea and I now get rashes from night shades, corn, contact with animals, etc. After a few days it normalised the colour of my stool somewhat, helped with regularity and reduced my rhinitis. Tolerance for starch is higher and tolerance for repetitive food consumption is lower. I had to stop it because I’m getting an endoscopy soon

Last edited:

YamnayaMommy

Can anyone provide any proof that overweight people will be better off long term if they intentionally cut calories? This has never been proven. Real life experience shows the exact opposite. Everyone I know who lost weight growing up (men) became anxious, depressed, angry, hormonally wrecked (right now look up any male youtuber/celebrity who forced themselves to lose 50-100 pounds. they almost all have an unbalanced voice) or any combination of those. Literally, ask anyone who lost weight (especially in their developmental years- till 25) if they ever suffer from anxiety, depression, bad hormones, and the answer will almost always be yes.

And instead of using the word fasting, just replace it with starving. they are synonyms. it will end the discussion much quicker.
Speaking for myself and other women in their 30s I know, this is simply not true. The leaner and fitter I am, the better I feel. More energetic, happier, more confident, etc. My worst times have been during and post pregnancy, when I was overweight.

And it is nothing like starvation. It lets you be an epicure without getting fat. Right now we’re vacationing in Savannah, and had dinner at Elizabeth’s, and I ate a massive Peaty meal, at least 2000 calories, plus drank an entire bottle of Brunello. And I have zero guilt about it because I didn’t eat anything else that day. I love the fast/feast lifestyle so much.

mrchibbs

For vitamin A you advised me to back off from liver and reduce eggs since I’m hypo so I’ve been doing that. Still eating oysters as often as possible
It gave me diarrhoea for several days, headaches, rosacea and I now get rashes from night shades, corn, contact with animals, etc. After a few days it normalised the colour of my stool somewhat, helped with regularity and reduced my rhinitis. Tolerance for starch is higher and tolerance for repetitive food consumption is lower. I had to stop it because I’m getting an endoscopy soon

Ok for what it's worth, you can keep me updated if you want, I'd love to see you get this resolved.

Jib

Ray sounded like he was being facetious when he said "I'd stop eating for a while." He was laughing and sounded like he was having a little fun rather than giving serious advice to fast. Knowing Ray, I think if he was actually serious about fasting, he would have said the word 'fasting' specifically, and would have made some commentary about specifically how to do it.

Same advice as always: lower fat, higher protein, plenty of low fat or fat-free dairy. I think the main takeaway is not to starve yourself but to opt for lower fat, higher protein foods to stave off hunger. Low-fat dairy is one of the best options here, as per Ray's usual recommendations.

B___Danny

Speaking for myself and other women in their 30s I know, this is simply not true. The leaner and fitter I am, the better I feel. More energetic, happier, more confident, etc. My worst times have been during and post pregnancy, when I was overweight.

And it is nothing like starvation. It lets you be an epicure without getting fat. Right now we’re vacationing in Savannah, and had dinner at Elizabeth’s, and I ate a massive Peaty meal, at least 2000 calories, plus drank an entire bottle of Brunello. And I have zero guilt about it because I didn’t eat anything else that day. I love the fast/feast lifestyle so much.
Do what makes you happy. But it doesn’t make it good for human health.

Feasting and fasting is much like what anorexics do. 100 years ago people would think you’re sick. Its just trendy currently to intermittently starve and binge (or feast and fast, whatever sounds cooler).

Also during fasting/caloric restriction you have a surge in cortisol which is anti inflammatory and shuts down repair processes/your immune system. This is what makes people feel better.

gaze

I think this holds true in scandinavian countries as well.

I know several people with a very high intake of dairy. My grandma is 85-86 and while she's had an accident and broke her hip, and a few other health problems, she's exactly as witty as she's ever been, with absolutely no loss of mental function. And she still walks on her own.

Her main foods are 0% milk, yogurt, cheese and bread.

Yea, the older generations and Europe to a large extent have a much easier time in terms of social normality consuming simple diets revolving around milk. Cheese and yogurt are much more normal, but telling people you drink a half a gallon of milk a day always gets a few weird stares.

mrchibbs

Yea, the older generations and Europe to a large extent have a much easier time in terms of social normality consuming simple diets revolving around milk. Cheese and yogurt are much more normal, but telling people you drink a half a gallon of milk a day always gets a few weird stares.

I think it's pretty indisputable that dairy is protective, and is the reason why it's present in traditional cultures at opposite ends of the earth. Although it is seemingly less common in tropical areas. For example dairy and ghee is popular in northern India, but coconut oil is more widespread in the southern part of the subcontinent.

Energizer

The healthiest and tallest people drink the most milk and eat the most cheese. Our milk culture in America is being replaced by weird substitutes like oat "milk" and the Soy and Corn World Order. Health-conscious people are being lead by advertising to malnourishment and an early grave.

mrchibbs

The healthiest and tallest people drink the most milk and eat the most cheese. Our milk culture in America is being replaced by weird substitutes like oat "milk" and the Soy and Corn World Order. Health-conscious people are being lead by advertising to malnourishment and an early grave.

Industrial interests have shaped the modern narrative. They were successful in their propaganda for Canola oil and others in the 1970s, and it has lingered to this day, with very sad consequences in terms of avoidable deaths from cancer, heart disease etc.

Kvothe

Not that I have anything against milk, but can you support this statement with anything? After all, there are many examples of very healthy groups of people that don't consume any dairy, or calcium for that matter.

Energizer

Not that I have anything against milk, but can you support this statement with anything? After all, there are many examples of very healthy groups of people that don't consume any dairy, or calcium for that matter.

It is not necessary to get calcium from milk and cheese, some people for example get theirs from lots of leafy greens, but if you look at the average height by country versus their dairy intake there is a clear trend towards taller height in proportion to milk and dairy consumption.

Average Height By Country 2020

Countries Who Drink the Most Milk

I don't have any hard scientific data, it's just something I heard Peat mention and looked at myself and there seems to be a clear trend there. There seems to be significantly less fat people in countries with higher dairy consumption. Notably Finland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland, for example. I could be wrong on that though, but it seems to be a trend.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I think the benefits of dairy aren't purely from the calcium, but also from the protein, and probably moreso from the progesterone, thyroid and trace minerals. This probably explains its neuroprotective effects against dementia and other cognitive problems from aging. Hans' recent article on milk has great information on this topic.

gaze

Many adults who think dairy is healthy, still don’t drink plain milk. back in iran where my parents are from and dairy is very cherished, even there adults only drink milk with coffee, with the majority of dairy coming from yogurt Based drinks, plain yogurt, or Cheese. most kids however drink plain milk. I myself prefer drinking plain milk for my dairy, but many adults around the world don’t share that sentiment for some reason. America actually had a very good dairy culture up until 50 years ago. I think most adults were drinking milk with every meal.

mrchibbs

Many adults who think dairy is healthy, still don’t drink plain milk. back in iran where my parents are from and dairy is very cherished, even there adults only drink milk with coffee, with the majority of dairy coming from yogurt Based drinks, plain yogurt, or Cheese. most kids however drink plain milk. I myself prefer drinking plain milk for my dairy, but many adults around the world don’t share that sentiment for some reason. America actually had a very good dairy culture up until 50 years ago. I think most adults were drinking milk with every meal.

Yes, it was very common until the 1960s. I personally have been influenced by Ray a lot regarding milk and coffee, and the detail I've really begun to implement is to drink several glasses of 75% milk - 25% coffee throughout the day, as opposed to 75% coffee - 25% milk which I used to do. It's much more enjoyable than straight milk, and I find the coffee has better effects that way.

KTownSatfats

Brilliant, man, great link. I can already hear my girlfriend saying "but his voice..."

Have you or has anyone noticed a difference in efficacy between store-bought and homemade broth? Homemade tastes so much better than Pacific or Swanson and I imagine there is correlation between the taste and the mineral content.[/QUOTE
When I can't make my own broth (most of the time, lately), I use Osso Good brand. It's 100% grass fed, which I find important, PUFA-wise, tastes great, and comes frozen. I order online though occasionally it can be found in stores. I'm sure it's more expensive than broth in a box, but they do have pretty good deals.

cjm

When I can't make my own broth (most of the time, lately), I use Osso Good brand. It's 100% grass fed, which I find important, PUFA-wise, tastes great, and comes frozen. I order online though occasionally it can be found in stores. I'm sure it's more expensive than broth in a box, but they do have pretty good deals.

Thanks for sharing and mentioning the brand you're using. I forgot that the animal's diet is pretty important! I can't remember what brand I bought this weekend, but it was specifically meant for sipping, and I sipped the carton of it, 4 cups and ~40g protein, over the course of a morning. I won't hesitate to buy store-bought if making it at home is not feasible.

so has anyone actually met someone in real life who uses milk and cheese as the staple of their diet?

Well that would be me as well as two other members in my household, we eat a sh*t ton of dairy. Milk, cheese, coffee, gelatin and orange juice are the foods we eat every single day and have done so for years. But I'm curious, do you consider that unusual?

YourUniverse

My Scottish roommate. She lives on cream, cheese, butter, milk, commercial fruit juices, white potatoes, cantaloupe/grapes. Ice cream in the evening, some carrots, pasta and mince. peatiest person I’ve met and its not even intentional. She’s overweight but with a slim face and the body has an hourglass shape. Quite intelligent, quite irritable, a bit aggressive.
Thats just those elite Highlander genes :ss2. Descendent of Braveheart

gaze

Well that would be me as well as two other members in my household, we eat a sh*t ton of dairy. Milk, cheese, coffee, gelatin and orange juice are the foods we eat every single day and have done so for years. But I'm curious, do you consider that unusual?

Im pretty much the same way..but looking back on college and grad school I don’t remember meeting anyone who does the same. Anything other than drinking milk for cereal was out of the norm. Not that the norm is in anyway healthy...