New Ray Peat Acolyte here

jus d'orange

Hey All,

Decided to take the plunge and stop trolling. Big thanks to everyone who has provided their experiences/peat wisdom. It has helped me pretty immensely. I'm currently using peat to conquer panic attacks, MS, and a host of other issues I'm sure you could all guess pretty easily. Very interested in unconventional ways to achieve extraordinary results - excited to learn more!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jus d'orange, Welcome to the forum! :welcome2

Do you mind expanding on what improvements have happened for you? I know it could definitely give some hope for people just starting of maybe thinking of starting.

HDD

Hi jus d'orange,
I was diagnosed MS 1988, never used medicine except steroids for first exacerbation. Peat has sent me some extra articles on MS if you are interested and don't already have them.

OP
J

jus d'orange

Haagendazendiane - incredible name - that would be awesome. I can PM you my email if that's the easiest way to do that. Thanks!

Charlie - Sure warning: I'm gonna ramble

symptoms:
panic attacks, palpitations, not sleeping through the night, loss of libido, depression, cold extremities, numbness/tingles, diarreah, constipation, extreme stress.

why? Here's the abridged version the way I see it:
Bad teeth growing up - >two root canals in high school - >infection ->antibiotics (which I'm now learning is pretty effective at combatting endotoxin) -> lactose intolerance/gut issues exacerbated -> MS symptoms start -> girlfriend/engineering school + stresssed individual = bad news bears -> tried vegetarianism -> fail -> went other way and tried paleo/low carb/intermittent fasting (bad, worse, worst) -> initially better than MUCH worse until about 6 months ago -> found peat :)

whats better now:
-Panic attacks are controllable and going away (been helped a lot by recently increasing salt and waiting on coffee till midday - feels like something having to do with sodium levels)
-Haven't had a tingling or slight pain MS symptom in almost 2 months (whereas before it was maybe bi-weekly) and my stomach and bowels are CHAMPS (still very lactose intolerant -> see next steps)
-feeling much less stressed at work (& more clearheaded which i think go hand in hand), libido is rising now - more so since my anxiety has been getting better (weird to talk about on the internet..yeah whatever. ONWARDS)
-Most importantly, I'm happier than I've been in a while. That helps a LOT

stuff I still need to work on
-haven't got any labs yet (from the danny roddy school originally - where the bloodtest is king)
-My teeth bother me and I'm dreading the dentist. I think its a larger issue with calcium loss or inability to get enough in my diet + vit d + vit a. Drinking lots'o juice don't help none eitha.
-friggen lactose intolerance! gah that feels like the lynchpin - if I can fix that then I dont need to rely on white rice/potatoes to fill me up - and I'll get vitamin D and calcium and my teeth will be better and everything will be great. Charlie - did I read once that you made cheese to get over LI? I've made yogurt and could get down with some cheese.
-I also need to learn more about CO2 - I have been experimenting more and more with being more conscious about C02 levels. I think that will be a win.

K Enough of that - thanks for listening :D

HDD

Daughter gave me that as instagram name cuz I was eating it every night to help me sleep. I will have to figure out pm ...haven't used before but shouldnt be to hard. Will forward his emails. Glad you are seeing good results.

WilltoBelieve

Welcome jus d'orange

The co2 issue is definitely a win. (At the core of the "fundamental biological mechanisms")
The PUFA issue is also a win.
Gelatin,
Vitamin D...
And there are many more wins besides that.
Welcome to the land of win :):

I myself decided to stay with cheese (but not with microbial "rennet"- only old fashioned rennet... but that's a story for another place).
Yogurt has 2 much lactic acid for me, also not dense enough.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Definitely great improvements you are having and its only the beginning! Thank you for sharing.

Here is the link you for ricotta cheese that I made. Its really simple and did help me to tolerate milk.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=258&p=947#p947

Spacehoppa

Hi j'us d'orange, welcome! I'm new to Peating myself. I have rheumatoid arthritis, since i was a teenager, and recently some neurological issues taking the form of hypoglycaemic panic attacks, affecting blood sugars and breathing and making me twitch involuntarily too. I have used antibiotics continuously for 2 years (though not in the past year) and it got my arthritis into total remission. No other drug ever has! Not even steroids or pregnancy! but I have bad estrogen dominance issues that I think we're being exacerbated by the antibiotics so I stopped them.

Just a quick suggestion about your teeth - I'd been having terrible trouble with receding and bleeding gums lately, and I ditched to brushing my teeth with bentonite clay. It's not only got the stains off my teeth (my dad ruined my teeth by giving me fluoride supps as a kid), but also got rid of any signs of gum inflammation. I think is has several actions...

1. It adsorbs bacteria and endotoxins
2. It has nothing harmful in it, unlike toothpaste
3. It has a mild abrasive action
4. It has minerals in it, especially calcium, and so leaving traces of it in your mouth probably helps strengthen the teeth as well.

So glad to hear you're doing well with the MS. I have a friend with MS, so will watch your posts with interest.

narouz

Spacehoppa said:
Just a quick suggestion about your teeth - I'd been having terrible trouble with receding and bleeding gums lately, and I ditched to brushing my teeth with bentonite clay. It's not only got the stains off my teeth (my dad ruined my teeth by giving me fluoride supps as a kid), but also got rid of any signs of gum inflammation. I think is has several actions...

1. It adsorbs bacteria and endotoxins
2. It has nothing harmful in it, unlike toothpaste
3. It has a mild abrasive action
4. It has minerals in it, especially calcium, and so leaving traces of it in your mouth probably helps strengthen the teeth as well.

So glad to hear you're doing well with the MS. I have a friend with MS, so will watch your posts with interest.

Do you get a particular brand, Hoppa?

Spacehoppa

Ooh, now you're asking a tough question... It's downstairs and I'm upstairs tucked up in bed... Just make sure it's edible calcium bentonite clay, so very high grade. Originally I bought it to treat my husband's psoriasis, adm we bought a 8lb container of the stuff. It's lasted us about 5 years so far, so great value in my opinion.

Hang on, I remember now... This is the stuff we got: http://www.globallight.net/Living-Clay_82.html

Spacehoppa

Bizarrely, I started a web design business back in 1994 and called it spacehoppa.com. I also owned the Spacehopper.com domain, but was worried about being sued for using someone else's name, so opted for spacehoppa instead. It was a stupid name, but you know, no-one ever forgot it, and I was just 22 back then so could get away with that crap. Anyway, it stuck and I've been spacehoppa ever since.

And you narouz - is there a story?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are you still doing web design?

And yes, narouz. Definitely been wondering whats behind the meaning of that name.

Spacehoppa

Hi Charlie, I had to close my spacehoppa business back when my first son was born in 2005. Partly because between my new son and my illnesses I just didn't have the energy, but also because I inherited my dad's ticket printing business as he died suddenly whilst I was pregnant. So now I do all the web design and ticket design, etc for that business as well as the marketing and so on. It's a fun business to run, but as with most small businesses currently we're having some leaner times right now with the economic Armageddon that is unfolding in the UK. (Sorry, off topic, but something I am pretty passionate about.)

We just redesigned the site in HTML5 this year and now you can set tickets online in the browser. It's pretty cool, if I say so myself ;) . Http://Www.ticketprinters.co.uk, if you're interested. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The site looks really great! Good job!

narouz

Thank, SH.
I don't know...I just got this little giggle everytime I addressed you a "SpaceHoppa,"
and it always lingered in my mind.

Spacehoppa

Just to clarify, spacehoppers were my favourite toy in the seventies, and probably still would be if I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis ;) . Narouz, you never did tell us 'why narouz?'.

narouz

Spacehoppa said:
Just to clarify, spacehoppers were my favourite toy in the seventies, and probably still would be if I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis ;) . Narouz, you never did tell us 'why narouz?'.

Oh, okay: "spacehoppers" were a toy.
I never saw those.
Maybe only in UK?
The narouz thing...
it is an infinitesimal chance,
but if I revealed the source
it might let an old g-friend identify me.
And because I might enjoy at some point writing something mean about her,
I wouldn't want that. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:roll:

:lol: