New Peat-friendly Skincare Product Coming Soon!

OP
V

visviva

I just looked into urea for skin, looks really promising.
It's really good for dry skin - the product I'm launching tomorrow doesn't have urea as it's oil based, but a urea cream is definitely next on my agenda

BrianF

Hi Visviva, im what girls in Scotland would describe as 'a big ride o' a boy' and dont need to be any better looking than i already am. That said, im curious and may consider buying for loved ones:):

OP
V

visviva

Hi Visviva, im what girls in Scotland would describe as 'a big ride o' a boy' and dont need to be any better looking than i already am. That said, im curious and may consider buying for loved ones:):
Hehe, I'll take your word for it :) I have good news - I launched the product earlier today! Check out this thread - I've posted descriptions of the ingredients and included links to the website - hope you like it!

OP
V

visviva

Hello everyone who might have been following this thread - I have now launched! I posted a new thread about the product with some detail on the ingredients - please let me know what you think, I would really love your feedback.

Thoushant

Hey @visviva,

the product looks good, I've heard good reports of macademia oil for sebum, I might end up purchasing when my paypal is fixed.

If you happen to make a product that improves skin translucency, I would be very interested.

A korean product of silver vine extract from years ago touted it improved translucency by lowering carbonylation of proteins, but real life test results were kinda meh, I'm hoping you can create a combo to do the same.

OP
V

visviva

Thanks :) I've never even heard of skin translucency being a thing in skincare, is it similar to brightening? I will take a look into it, thank you

Thoushant

http://www.bossanovatech.com/Articles/Article P&G on skin translucency - 2006.pdf
Change in optical properties of stratum corneum induced by protein carbonylation in vitro
Vol. 42, No. 1, pp.16‐21, 2008
Decrease in the skin transparency induced by protein carbonylation in the stratum corneum
As far as I can see, most research on it is from Korea and Japan, so it probably isn't well known yet, in the west, and they do like whitening effect so they probably can't be seperated in their research. I think it's called skin transparency too. Related terms are stratum corneum, lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation and UV damage seems to increase. Seems dry skin is more vulnerable, so I think urea with lipid peroxidation inhibitor could be a good combo.

It's why some faces have an even glow with soft shadowing and others having very shiny and harsh shadowing. :)

OP
V

visviva

http://www.bossanovatech.com/Articles/Article P&G on skin translucency - 2006.pdf
Change in optical properties of stratum corneum induced by protein carbonylation in vitro
Vol. 42, No. 1, pp.16‐21, 2008
Decrease in the skin transparency induced by protein carbonylation in the stratum corneum
As far as I can see, most research on it is from Korea and Japan, so it probably isn't well known yet, in the west, and they do like whitening effect so they probably can't be seperated in their research. I think it's called skin transparency too. Related terms are stratum corneum, lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation and UV damage seems to increase. Seems dry skin is more vulnerable, so I think urea with lipid peroxidation inhibitor could be a good combo.

It's why some faces have an even glow with soft shadowing and others having very shiny and harsh shadowing. :)
Wow interesting concept, I am very intrigued by this. Thank you for the tip - and I definitely agree about the urea as well, best ingredient for hydration

Thoushant

Whaat, just found urea before and after, it is insane, improves translucency very well. Thank you.

OP
V

visviva

Thoushant

Haha, that could become a burden

Honestly though, Skin health and light absorbance is one of the most influential health markers, and girls have to rely on LAYERS of makeup, without even getting close or fail miserably. This is the stuff that make people turn heads.

I'm looking forward to your other products. I'm looking into experimenting with urea for skin, thank you for tips again!

D

danishispsychic

super excited to see- i hope you are using something with pregnenolone ( did i spell that right? ) in it because that stuff is a wonder hormone for skin. i use retinol oil from deciem that i love and a vitamin c spray from the body shop that i love too- i also like pumpkin with glycolic peels but im sure they are toxic. i love the green papaya mask from jan marini but again, loaded with chemicals. i will order some of your stuff and review it when i get it. congrats!

L

lollipop

Still loving this product! Good stuff. Need another bottle soon. Can’t wait to see what you do for body cream @visviva

OP
V

visviva

super excited to see- i hope you are using something with pregnenolone ( did i spell that right? ) in it because that stuff is a wonder hormone for skin. i use retinol oil from deciem that i love and a vitamin c spray from the body shop that i love too- i also like pumpkin with glycolic peels but im sure they are toxic. i love the green papaya mask from jan marini but again, loaded with chemicals. i will order some of your stuff and review it when i get it. congrats!
thank you so much! I have never used pregnenolone topically but I'll have to try it out and see what it does! Really glad you are excited about the product, please message me for a 25% discount code if you're thinking of ordering it. Can't wait to hear what you think!