New Peat-friendly Skincare Product Coming Soon!

visviva

Hi everyone, my name is Emma - I've never been active on the forum before but I've been reading it for about 4 years and I've learned a lot from the people posting here. It's nice to finally meet you!

I wanted to let you know that for a while now I have been working on a Peat-inspired skincare line. My goal is to create products that exclude all harmful substances (pufa, estrogenic chemicals, etc) and that make use of all the beneficial Peaty compounds (vitamin a, niacinamide, etc). I decided to do this based on my own experiences of how difficult it is to find skincare products like this.

I’m hoping to launch my first product later this week, and when I do, I'll write another post giving some information on the ingredients it contains. If you’re curious about it, I recently posted a preview on my Instagram @visvivaskincare. I'm the meantime, if you have any questions, please free to ask. :)

GAF

I am over 60 and my young girlfriend has a few wrinkles. She is 59. Will this help? How does a person rehydrate skin?

OP
V

visviva

The product contains some "anti-aging" and skin barrier protecting ingredients so it could help. For hydrating the skin, urea is the best thing I've come across.

EIRE24

Hi everyone, my name is Emma - I've never been active on the forum before but I've been reading it for about 4 years and I've learned a lot from the people posting here. It's nice to finally meet you!

I wanted to let you know that for a while now I have been working on a Peat-inspired skincare line. My goal is to create products that exclude all harmful substances (pufa, estrogenic chemicals, etc) and that make use of all the beneficial Peaty compounds (vitamin a, niacinamide, etc). I decided to do this based on my own experiences of how difficult it is to find skincare products like this.

I’m hoping to launch my first product later this week, and when I do, I'll write another post giving some information on the ingredients it contains. If you’re curious about it, I recently posted a preview on my Instagram @visvivaskincare. I'm the meantime, if you have any questions, please free to ask. :)
What is your skin care routine? What do you wash your face with and do you apply just urea to moisture it?

L

lollipop

VERY exciting! I would love a Peat skincare line especially since I have created a solution that requires 5 different products! Simplification would be nice ❤️

OP
V

visviva

What is your skin care routine? What do you wash your face with and do you apply just urea to moisture it?
thank you :) I usually use a face wash containing gentle surfactants (avoiding SLS at all costs!). I also avoid soap (as in saponified oils - they appear on the label as sodium cocoate for example) because they have a high PH which can by really drying. For moisturising I use a cream containing 5% urea that I make myself. If you wanted to try out urea on yourself, you could probably make a 5% solution and just mist it on, otherwise Eucerin makes several urea containing products.

EIRE24

thank you :) I usually use a face wash containing gentle surfactants (avoiding SLS at all costs!). I also avoid soap (as in saponified oils - they appear on the label as sodium cocoate for example) because they have a high PH which can by really drying. For moisturising I use a cream containing 5% urea that I make myself. If you wanted to try out urea on yourself, you could probably make a 5% solution and just mist it on, otherwise Eucerin makes several urea containing products.
What would be the best way to make the urea solution? I have the usp grade urea, how much should I mix with water to make a strong solution?

OP
V

visviva

VERY exciting! I would love a Peat skincare line especially since I have created a solution that requires 5 different products! Simplification would be nice ❤️
glad you are excited! I agree, so hard to find a simple solution, especially since pufa-rich botanical oils are now trendy and seemingly added to everything.

OP
V

visviva

What would be the best way to make the urea solution? I have the usp grade urea, how much should I mix with water to make a strong solution?
adding 5g urea to 95g water will make a 5% solution by weight - you might want to make it every few days if you're not adding preservatives

EIRE24

adding 5g urea to 95g water will make a 5% solution by weight - you might want to make it every few days if you're not adding preservatives
What would happen without the preservatives and which preservatives would be best and safest? I remember Ray saying somewhere that 40% urea is a good amount?

OP
V

visviva

What would happen without the preservatives and which preservatives would be best and safest? I remember Ray saying somewhere that 40% urea is a good amount?
Eventually you'll get microbial contamination if the water isn't preserved. Adding a bit of alcohol and storing it in the fridge will help it keep longer. 40% sounds very high, urea is used in that concentration to debride infected nails. I don't think I'd put more than 5- 10% on my face.

EIRE24

Eventually you'll get microbial contamination if the water isn't preserved. Adding a bit of alcohol and storing it in the fridge will help it keep longer. 40% sounds very high, urea is used in that concentration to debride infected nails. I don't think I'd put more than 5- 10% on my face.
Ok, thanks a million

Greg says

I've been using this product on my face, skin and for sun burnt head and am really impressed. I normally use coconut oil as everything else is PUFA based or greasy. This is loaded with Peat friendly ingredients (thoughtfully prepared by Emma) and has a really light (not greasy) feel.
:emoji_medal:

IMG_3066.JPG

Thoushant

I just looked into urea for skin, looks really promising.

Last edited: