New Member With Some Questions

Jliz169

Hello, I'm 49 years old and I have been Aware of Ray peat for a few years and slowly been incorporated the acquired knowledge to my diet and lifestyle, however I have a few relatively serious health issues that have hardly abated.

I have had colon issues since my 20's... I was diagnosed with irritable colon at 22 and detected colon polyps at 35. Not sure what started it but through the years it has gradually gotten worse, my symptoms include pain in the lower belly and butthole every time I have a bowel movement, bloody stools nearly every time...and irregularity and constipation. I fear this may be progressing into cancer. I can't even remember the last time I had a regular bowel movement without it being loose and bloody.

My diet consists of fruit (oranges, bananas, occasional mangoes) O.J and small amounts of milk with I'm not sure I should be having... I also eat lean turkey/ beef with leafy greens and white rice or pasta perhaps every other day. A tablespoon or two of butter, no vegetable oil but Sometimes I do snack on chocolate and occasional some of those crappy cookies/biscuits that are loaded with pufa and lecithin, I'm doing my best to remove them from my diet . Would you guys recommend more low-fat ice cream instead?

Doctor prescribed me senokot for the constipation but I know it's done more harm than good. So I'm taking a lower dosage and will attempt cascara since I just can't the carrot salad.

My other issue is that I Have arthrosis. Or joint arthritis in the cervical. Gets worse every winter.... I am prescribed Tylenol 500my for it wich I have to take twice a day for this terrible pain, believe me you don't want to know what it's like.

I'm afraid to take aspirin due to the colon issue...

So what would you guys recommend ? What step do I take and what options are there for me to try other than improve my diet (for which I also ask for your wise advise) I know I haven't given my full details but I will clear any questions as the responses come along. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

explosionlord

Hello, I'm 49 years old and I have been Aware of Ray peat for a few years and slowly been incorporated the acquired knowledge to my diet and lifestyle, however I have a few relatively serious health issues that have hardly abated.

I have had colon issues since my 20's... I was diagnosed with irritable colon at 22 and detected colon polyps at 35. Not sure what started it but through the years it has gradually gotten worse, my symptoms include pain in the lower belly and butthole every time I have a bowel movement, bloody stools nearly every time...and irregularity and constipation. I fear this may be progressing into cancer. I can't even remember the last time I had a regular bowel movement without it being loose and bloody.

My diet consists of fruit (oranges, bananas, occasional mangoes) O.J and small amounts of milk with I'm not sure I should be having... I also eat lean turkey/ beef with leafy greens and white rice or pasta perhaps every other day. A tablespoon or two of butter, no vegetable oil but Sometimes I do snack on chocolate and occasional some of those crappy cookies/biscuits that are loaded with pufa and lecithin, I'm doing my best to remove them from my diet . Would you guys recommend more low-fat ice cream instead?

Doctor prescribed me senokot for the constipation but I know it's done more harm than good. So I'm taking a lower dosage and will attempt cascara since I just can't the carrot salad.

My other issue is that I Have arthrosis. Or joint arthritis in the cervical. Gets worse every winter.... I am prescribed Tylenol 500my for it wich I have to take twice a day for this terrible pain, believe me you don't want to know what it's like.

I'm afraid to take aspirin due to the colon issue...

So what would you guys recommend ? What step do I take and what options are there for me to try other than improve my diet (for which I also ask for your wise advise) I know I haven't given my full details but I will clear any questions as the responses come along. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Hey, welcome!

A lot of us here, myself included, have the same probs/concerns you mentioned. You said you have constipation problems, but also mentioned loose stools. Which is more prevalent? I had had lots of constipation issues that were mostly alleviated by using magnesium (primarily in the form of Natural Calm) and probiotics. I do resort to prop. glycol laxatives sometimes, but not often. Many here will recommend cascara, but it did virtually nothing for me...I think getting the good stuff is hard and expensive. The good news is, bloody stools usually indicate some sort of rectal bleeding, as opposed to black stools (dried blood) which denote excess iron and/or colon cancer, so for what it's worth I guess...

Definitely cut the cookies; given there are many decent brands of things like that (Pamela's comes to mind), there's no reason; sure you know this. I doubt anyone here would recommend low-fat ice cream, as they often contain allergenic gums, but here's something I like to do: I get Strauss Whole Milk, drain the fat through a carafe device, and I use that milk (which is free of vit a palmitate because of originally being whole), sugar/honey/maple syrup, and a cup of ice and blend in my nutribullet. It makes a great, lower fat ice cream sub, and I often flavor it with things like powdered PB.

I had an alarming rheumatoid arthritis-like problem in my right hand that went on for the better part of 6 months. It's gone now; I think my use of niacinamide helped. Yours sounds more advanced, obviously, but it's worth a try.

Why do you fear aspirin for your colon? Generally the fear is that it wrecks your stomach, but Peat is right: dissolving in warm water makes it much more tolerable.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jliz169

Thanks for your answer, I will try an aspirin dissolved in water for colon issues, and you know know its hard but I'm slowly adjusting my diet.

One question I had was milk.... Could it further complicate my colon issues? Evaporated milk has carageenan and that's definitely not good, I will try regular ice cream instead as well.

Any other recommendations for colon health/ polyps from anyone?? And by exactly which mechanism would aspirin help, sorry if the questions are dumb but I'm new to all this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals