New member - Atrial Fibrillation

redhead19047

Hi,

I just joined and have been a long time fan of Ray Peat. I was wondering if he has any comments on lone atrial fibrillation (no other heart problems) and what would cause it in terms of diet. I already take Re-mag magnesium which is a iconic form that is a great help.

Thanks.
Elaine

4peatssake

redhead19047 said:
Hi,

I just joined and have been a long time fan of Ray Peat. I was wondering if he has any comments on lone atrial fibrillation (no other heart problems) and what would cause it in terms of diet. I already take Re-mag magnesium which is a iconic form that is a great help.

Thanks.
Elaine

Hi Elaine,

:welcome2 to the forum.

Alas, I have no information to assist you with your question, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who perhaps can help you.

See you around the forum!

narouz

redhead19047 said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Elaine

Welcome, redhead!
Peat talks at some length and detail in one of his interviews
about a particular form of heartbeat irregularity.
Don't know if it applies to you.
But he discusses the mechanism and possible causes of one's heart skipping or missing a beat.
To be especially unhelpful :oops: , I can't say exactly which interview it was,
though if you're interested I could narrow it down.

Peat has also said that he personally experienced a heartbeat irregularity
when he tried straight T3 hypothyroid supplementation.

Attachments

• In subgroup serotonin & PDF attached.jpg
    In subgroup serotonin & PDF attached.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Overview of current references.jpg
    Overview of current references.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 91
OP
R

redhead19047

Peats response to my email

I emailed Ray with a few questions regarding atrial fibrillation, natural hormones and thyroid. Thought everyone would like to see his response:

"Vitamins D and K, and calcium are important for stabilizing the heart rhythm. Estrogen tends to cause chemical hyperventilation (loss of carbon dioxide), which increases blood viscosity and the tendency toward atrial fibrillation. Progesterone and those other steroids have opposite effects (progesterone is a natural aldosterone antagonist, too). Thyroid is essential for helping cells to retain magnesium. A quart or two of milk, and a glass or two of orange juice every day helps with the main stabilizing minerals, but it's good to have sea food once a week, especially shell fish, for the trace minerals."

He didn't answer some of my questions directly but this is more of an overview.