New Labs Need Advice

MSH

Well, I just got my new bloods back. Off the top my TSH is a whopping 6.43! My testosterone level is 147 NG/DL ( range low to high 300-890). My a1C was 5.7 ( 4.2-5.6). My BP is also very high.

The doc is suggesting a beta blocker, Effexor, Levo, and T-pellets.

I have other markers to but they were all within range.

Any opinions/advice are welcome please!

Thanks!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Well, I just got my new bloods back. Off the top my TSH is a whopping 6.43! My testosterone level is 147 NG/DL ( range low to high 300-890). My a1C was 5.7 ( 4.2-5.6). My BP is also very high.

Thanks!
Could be due to excess cholinergic activity. It stimulates the adrenergic system which contributes to high blood pressure.
The cholinergic system can also suppress steroidogenesis and makes someone feel depressed, anxious, hopeless (learned helpless), ruminating on past negative experiences, hyperemotional, muscle weakness, blurred vision, etc.
CRH (which stimulates the HPA axis) is a potent inducer of acetylcholine. What is your stress levels like?

Estrogen, serotonin and prolactin also suppresses steroidogenesis and thyroid function.

So I'd rather focus on blocking acetylcholine. Adamantane and cyproheptadine can do that and also block serotonin.

peateats1

Thanks!
Hypothyroidism causes high blood pressure. Magnesium and other electrolytes can be helpful for blood pressure as well, but I think if you get your tsh down, those other issues might correct or at least improve a bit.

OP
M

MSH

Could be due to excess cholinergic activity. It stimulates the adrenergic system which contributes to high blood pressure.
The cholinergic system can also suppress steroidogenesis and makes someone feel depressed, anxious, hopeless (learned helpless), ruminating on past negative experiences, hyperemotional, muscle weakness, blurred vision, etc.
CRH (which stimulates the HPA axis) is a potent inducer of acetylcholine. What is your stress levels like?

Estrogen, serotonin and prolactin also suppresses steroidogenesis and thyroid function.

So I'd rather focus on blocking acetylcholine. Adamantane and cyproheptadine can do that and also block serotonin.

Thanks Hans! I was hoping you’d chime in.

Yes to stress! That is one of the reasons I went to the doc. My stress tolerance is shot!

Hmm, I always thought acetylcholine was a good thing. I thought it was good for brain health. I need to learn more about this. Thanks for this!

Is doxylalmime succinate a good alternative to cyproheptadine? As it stands right now I have to take this every night to be able to fall asleep.

I am not familiar with adamantane or where to get it. Will this help with my T levels? I’m not too excited about doing TRT, especially pellets.

Thanks Hans

OP
M

MSH

Hypothyroidism causes high blood pressure. Magnesium and other electrolytes can be helpful for blood pressure as well, but I think if you get your tsh down, those other issues might correct or at least improve a bit.

Thanks Peats1. Can you provide me with some helpful tips for lowering my TSH?

Thanks

peateats1

Thanks Peats1. Can you provide me with some helpful tips for lowering my TSH?

Thanks
The only thing that ended up working for me was taking thyroid. I tried low pufa, low fat, lots of caffeine, progesterone, pregnenolone, etc, to lower my tsh, but none of those worked unfortunately.

OP
M

MSH

The only thing that ended up working for me was taking thyroid. I tried low pufa, low fat, lots of caffeine, progesterone, pregnenolone, etc, to lower my tsh, but none of those worked unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply. Which thyroid med do you take?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans! I was hoping you’d chime in.

Yes to stress! That is one of the reasons I went to the doc. My stress tolerance is shot!

Hmm, I always thought acetylcholine was a good thing. I thought it was good for brain health. I need to learn more about this. Thanks for this!

Is doxylalmime succinate a good alternative to cyproheptadine? As it stands right now I have to take this every night to be able to fall asleep.

I am not familiar with adamantane or where to get it. Will this help with my T levels? I’m not too excited about doing TRT, especially pellets.

Thanks Hans
Acetylcholine is needed, but under non-stressed open, free exploratory environment, it's low.
Doxylamine succinate can work, but cypro is a much more potent antagonist and cypro has the benefit of inhibiting serotonin and cortisol as well.
Idealabs sells adamantane in their product Diamant. Excess acetylcholine do suppress steroidogenesis, so blocking or lowering it can increase T yes.
A good approach would be to eat a diet rich in protein, calcium, zinc, copper, selenium, salt, carbs, etc., to provide all the macros and micros. Eat in a surplus if needed to combat the stress.
Focus on quenching stress with proper breathing, chancing your perspective and maybe looking into adaptogenic herbs, such as Schisandra, eleuthero, Rhodiola and ginseng. Those 4 would go synergistically together. The first 3 is found in a combo product called ADAPT-232, but you can just get them separately as well.
If your recovery needs a little push, cortinon and thyroid will help.

OP
M

MSH

Acetylcholine is needed, but under non-stressed open, free exploratory environment, it's low.
Doxylamine succinate can work, but cypro is a much more potent antagonist and cypro has the benefit of inhibiting serotonin and cortisol as well.
Idealabs sells adamantane in their product Diamant. Excess acetylcholine do suppress steroidogenesis, so blocking or lowering it can increase T yes.
A good approach would be to eat a diet rich in protein, calcium, zinc, copper, selenium, salt, carbs, etc., to provide all the macros and micros. Eat in a surplus if needed to combat the stress.
Focus on quenching stress with proper breathing, chancing your perspective and maybe looking into adaptogenic herbs, such as Schisandra, eleuthero, Rhodiola and ginseng. Those 4 would go synergistically together. The first 3 is found in a combo product called ADAPT-232, but you can just get them separately as well.
If your recovery needs a little push, cortinon and thyroid will help.

Thanks Hans! I appreciate your time and input!

I hope this will help. I’d love to get back to some training. It still seems so crazy to me that not long ago I would be able to spar/roll with guys half my age for about 8+ hours a week, and now I can’t even make it through the warm ups I used to teach before class.

Thanks again for your time.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans! I appreciate your time and input!

I hope this will help. I’d love to get back to some training. It still seems so crazy to me that not long ago I would be able to spar/roll with guys half my age for about 8+ hours a week, and now I can’t even make it through the warm ups I used to teach before class.

Thanks again for your time.
No problem man, glad if I can help.

That definitely sounds like a metabolic issue that just suddenly appeared.
Managing stress is first priority ofc, but if you're up for experimentation, you can try gonadin and pyrucet. Gonadin can also help lower excess cortisol and estrogen and possibly increase testosterone, whereas the pyrucet can greatly increase glucose oxidation. A loss of glucose oxidation can result in exercise intolerance. There are testimonials on the pyrucet thread of people that were highly exercise/activity intolerance that regained functionality with pyrucet. This is also very common in guys with high acetylcholine as well. Acetylcholine is very high amounts can contribute to fatigue, muscle weakness and very low exercise/activity tolerance.

tara

This is not medical advice, but my thoughts:

Nourish, rest, supplement thyroid starting small and increasing slowly.

Quit any over-training - which might mean dropping back to a lot less for a while. Avoid pushing to exhaustion.

Make sure you are not running an energy deficit - eat enough. Long term energy deficit from undereating and/or overwork can sometimes reduce thyroid function. (It's a pro-survival defense the body can employ.)

If by levo you mean levothyroxine is prescribed (synthetic T4), it may work for you - it does for some. It has a long half life - can take 2-4 wks to stabilise at steady blood level on a steady dose. So start with a small dose and observe for 4 weeks before considering incrementing. (My impression is it's easier to get dose right by slowly increasing potentially over months than to adjust down if you get too much and the body compensates.)

On the other hand, some people seem to do better with a combination of T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine), so if you don't get benefit from T4 alone, that could be worth considering. T3 has a short half life, and is the more active hormone made by the body from T4. So if you try T3, use tiny doses a few times a day, not one big one daily.

Monitor body temps (and maybe resting heartrate) regularly to determine effects of thyroid supps and other changes.

Read Peat's articles on thyroid on his site: raypeat.com.

JKX

Did your doc also test cholesterol and prolactin? I think it would be useful for you to know these numbers to inform any decision you make.

OP
M

MSH

No problem man, glad if I can help.

That definitely sounds like a metabolic issue that just suddenly appeared.
Managing stress is first priority ofc, but if you're up for experimentation, you can try gonadin and pyrucet. Gonadin can also help lower excess cortisol and estrogen and possibly increase testosterone, whereas the pyrucet can greatly increase glucose oxidation. A loss of glucose oxidation can result in exercise intolerance. There are testimonials on the pyrucet thread of people that were highly exercise/activity intolerance that regained functionality with pyrucet. This is also very common in guys with high acetylcholine as well. Acetylcholine is very high amounts can contribute to fatigue, muscle weakness and very low exercise/activity tolerance.

Thanks Hans! I GREATLY appreciate your input!!!

OP
M

MSH

This is not medical advice, but my thoughts:

Nourish, rest, supplement thyroid starting small and increasing slowly.

Quit any over-training - which might mean dropping back to a lot less for a while. Avoid pushing to exhaustion.

Make sure you are not running an energy deficit - eat enough. Long term energy deficit from undereating and/or overwork can sometimes reduce thyroid function. (It's a pro-survival defense the body can employ.)

If by levo you mean levothyroxine is prescribed (synthetic T4), it may work for you - it does for some. It has a long half life - can take 2-4 wks to stabilise at steady blood level on a steady dose. So start with a small dose and observe for 4 weeks before considering incrementing. (My impression is it's easier to get dose right by slowly increasing potentially over months than to adjust down if you get too much and the body compensates.)

On the other hand, some people seem to do better with a combination of T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine), so if you don't get benefit from T4 alone, that could be worth considering. T3 has a short half life, and is the more active hormone made by the body from T4. So if you try T3, use tiny doses a few times a day, not one big one daily.

Monitor body temps (and maybe resting heartrate) regularly to determine effects of thyroid supps and other changes.

Read Peat's articles on thyroid on his site: raypeat.com.

Hey Tara. Thanks for the input.

Overtraining doesn’t take too much these days. When my energy picks up a little and I actually feel like doing some exercise, even a few short walks during the week and a little mobility training will wipe me out. It will often take me a few weeks to bounce back physically and mentally.

Yes, that’s what I meant by Levo. I haven’t received the script yet ) not sure what the hold up is). I started taking small amounts of thyroid I ordered from The Life Giving store.

Thanks again for the input!

Last edited:
OP
M

MSH

Did your doc also test cholesterol and prolactin? I think it would be useful for you to know these numbers to inform any decision you make.

Unfortunately he did not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals