IdeaLabs Service - Mineral Analysis (hair and/or (toe)nail)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
I cut my nail sample last week but I didn’t ship them because I thought my doctor was going to provide a test. Never happened.
Is there any isssue with testing nails that have not been recently cut from the toes? Btw, for future reference, can one 100mg sample be enough for mineral testing AND hormone testing, or would that require net-new sample?
Thanks!

For mineral testing, the age of nails probably does not matter much, at least for a few months. It's just that you'd have to add that additional time to the ~3 month lag in terms of what the results map to - i.e. if you give us nails that were cut 2 months ago then the results would show mineral status 5 (3+2) months ago.
As far as sufficient material for both mineral and steroid testing - I'd say 150mg+ are preferable to account for losses during sample processing. Those losses can be extensive for the steroid analysis portion so more material reduces the risk of not having enough sample and thus producing unreliable results.

iPeat

Has anyone had the mineral analysis done? I did it (toenail) and got disturbing results. I'm curious as to what other people are coming up with.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Has anyone had the mineral analysis done? I did it (toenail) and got disturbing results. I'm curious as to what other people are coming up with.
What was disturbing about it?

iPeat

What was disturbing about it?
Ca, Mg, Na, K way above range. Cu and Se way below range.

A bunch of heavy metals extremely over the range.

I'm having a hard time finding info about what the metal contents of toenails actually represents. Not sure how concerned to be about it.

koky

@haidut
can these tests indicate sensitivity to titanium?
i can't find a MELISA practitioner or anyone to take a blood sample

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
can these tests indicate sensitivity to titanium?
i can't find a MELISA practitioner or anyone to take a blood sample

We had a few people who did the tests and got back elevated titanium, and it turned out they were all using titanium jewelry. One person was ingesting a pharma drug that had quite a bit of titanium dioxide in it (upon inspection of the product in a pharma database) as a filler, and the only explanation for the elevated titanium on the test is that the titanium from the pharma drug was getting absorbed. That would be scary, as titanium dioxide is one of the most common fillers for pharma drugs and many OTC products.

P

Peatness

We had a few people who did the tests and got back elevated titanium, and it turned out they were all using titanium jewelry. One person was ingesting a pharma drug that had quite a bit of titanium dioxide in it (upon inspection of the product in a pharma database) as a filler, and the only explanation for the elevated titanium on the test is that the titanium from the pharma drug was getting absorbed. That would be scary, as titanium dioxide is one of the most common fillers for pharma drugs and many OTC products.
I have a big issue with titanium dioxide. Like you said it's in most pharma pills. It's been linked to diabetes

iPeat

My Titanium came back 8x over the range. I don't wear jewelry besides a gold wedding ring. I also haven't used any pharmaceuticals other than Cynomel and Cynoplus, which I've taken for about 3 years.

So I'm assuming that those products have Titanium dioxide as a major ingredient, or a supplement I have been taking has it without listing it.

I switched to NDT a few months ago, so if I test again in a year or so and my Titanium has decreased, that would be a good indication it's the Cynoplus/Cynomel.

Beastmode

Has anyone sent their results to Peat for his interpretation on the results?

I notice Peat doesn't agree with a lot of the "ideal" ranges in bloodwork, so I imagine it's worth getting his feedback on the results to get a better idea what is actually useful from these tests.

iPeat

I notice Peat doesn't agree with a lot of the "ideal" ranges in bloodwork, so I imagine it's worth getting his feedback on the results to get a better idea what is actually useful from these tests.
I sent him a question with a rough idea of my results. He hasn't responded yet. If he does I'll post it here.

iPeat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-120451_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-120451_Gallery.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 88

iPeat

Just for reference, that's after 4 years of being on a Peat-inspired diet with lots of milk, coffee, OJ, lots of thyroid supplements, and avoiding PUFAs like the plague.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut any update with steroid testing? My big toenails are starting to get to long!

It's not ready yet, but you don't have to wait to cut your nails. Just keep the clippings in a ziplock bag and when we are ready with the steroid service you can order that and send them over.

koky

i'm thinking of getting titanium knee transplant and want to know if i would have a sensitiity to it

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

There are some comments/quotes from him earlier in the thread. I think he said the tests are mostly good for detecting overload with the toxic elements, and that he is strongly against chelation therapy. As far as the nutritional/metabolic portion of the test, I think he has only commented on the calcium, saying that if it is high then it means PTH is probably high and dietary calcium is lower than optimal, and that vitamin D is probably also low. I stated several times in the thread, as well as in the actual PDF with the results that we do not subscribe to the "metabolic types" framework that most HTMA companies used to interpret such results. If you look through the thread you will find comments from @aguilaroja discussing the "metabolic types" theory and his interaction with Peat on the topic of these tests and their analysis.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i'm thinking of getting titanium knee transplant and want to know if i would have a sensitiity to it

The doctors who would do the transplant would probably do the sensitivities tests before the surgery, but even if not sensitive, such metal implants are known to "leak" metal into the rest of the body. So, definitely a topic to discuss with the doctors and what can be done to limit the risk of titanium toxicity over time.

iPeat

I got a response from Peat. I asked a question about the Ca, Mg, Na, K, Cu, Se content which he ignored.

I then said this, "Also, the analysis showed very high levels of Lead, Titanium, Platinum, Strontium, Antimony, Rubidium, and Beryllium, but this might be a whole seperate issue altogether."

He responded with, "It’s good to consider whether the person has been exposed to unusual amounts of those, but I would also consider that there might be something wrong with the lab’s methods or standards."

I then asked a follow up in which I revealed that it was Georgi's lab, and then asked a specific question. He hasn't responded.

Has anyone else done this mineral analysis? I'd like to know if I can rely on these results as an indication that I have large amounts of heavy metals in my system or not. Inferring from Peat's response, it seems like my results would need to be verified somehow. I've already started some gentle chelation strategies just in case.