New Here - Tips And Encouragement On Transition

spicegirl

Hi there,
Former "Primal" (paleo Mark Sisson style) person here. My goal is to feel healthy (Hashi's) and be able to build muscle more easily. I'm 5'3" and about 116 lbs.
Went low carb and grain free when it seemed to reduce some symptoms. Carbs just seem to turn into fat very quickly for me (noticed this for years).
I bought an eBook with a very structured RP diet. It seems like a great program, but I feel full and bloated a lot. I'm still finding my way with the which types of dairy (using 2% milk right now and daisy cottage cheese), etc. work for me. Potatoes are probably not a good idea for me.
I'm just writing to connect with others and get some encouragement.
Oh, and I'm going to the beach soon, and as much as I hate to say it, don't want to feel all bloated and puffy where there. Ugh.
Thanks!
Spicegirl

OP
S

spicegirl

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Maybe I should have worded that differently, such as: when I eat carbs I notice I feel bloated and get "puffy" in areas where fat tends to deposit (waistline for me).
I bought Tom Brinmeyer's program (forefronthealth.com). It's very detailed and well done, but also very "cookie cutter" and maybe a bit over-engineered. I removed myself from the Facebook group as people were freaking out on there not knowing what to do or how to follow the program. It was clear that many probably didn't read all the materials (were just looking for a "diet"), but even so it's very confusing.
Sorry I'm slow to reply. I'll be traveling for a while too, so may be even slower. I do appreciate the info though. I really want to heal my digestion and my metabolism so I'll be back...

HLP

Coming from low carb, you will experience some "payback" symptoms. Been there and done that kind of damage. Stick with it because in the long run you will be healthier. Make sure you get raw carrot and some well cooked mushrooms daily to help digestion. Probably giving us some more info about your personal health rather than just your height and weight would be useful. Also, check out the resource section for dietary guidelines at the top of the forum page.

Last edited:

Constatine

The brand of milk really matters as many milk products can cause digestive issues and hence bloating due to additives. Having bone broth should help against bloating and also make your entire peat journey much easier. Sun exposure reduces bloating as well so don't worry too much if you'll be at the beach. Welcome to the forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals