New Here, Grape Seed Extract Discussion

jaminhealth

I'm new and working to get the "hang" of this forum. Thought I'd post my favorite of all supplements, Grape Seed Extract, and have been taking it going on 25 yrs. When I was introduced to it back in 1995 at a lecture, we were told, MAY prevent cancer(s). So far so good and I'm 81.

It has done so much and has me off allergy and sinus meds for close to 25 yrs, this area of health issues was the first to be "fixed".

Other great fixes:
Gums
Eyes
Hearing
Mole/freckle reduction
No cancers for sure
No colds, no flu, no vaccines

OP
J

jaminhealth

OP
J

jaminhealth

These seeds have been lifechanging. So Peat and I will disagree. I have not bought an allergy drug in 25 yrs...and if these "seeds" keep cancer from my body, talk about Win Win.

Tarmander

Don't think there are many pufas in grape seed extract are there? Pretty sure it comes in a powder.

I have been interested in GSE for its antibacterial effect on the gut

OP
J

jaminhealth

Don't think there are many pufas in grape seed extract are there? Pretty sure it comes in a powder.

I have been interested in GSE for its antibacterial effect on the gut

Grape Seed Extract contains anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial properities.

Don't confuse it with the GSE liquid anti viral supplement...

It's a powder, or a very very fine granule and may depend on the manufacturer. Pycnogenol is a very fine powder.

Tarmander

Grape Seed Extract contains anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial properities.

Don't confuse it with the GSE liquid anti viral supplement...

It's a powder, or a very very fine granule and may depend on the manufacturer. Pycnogenol is a very fine powder.
you don't like the GSE liquid?

OP
J

jaminhealth

you don't like the GSE liquid?

di

GSE liquid is a totally different animal from what I'm talking about, I'm talking about a powerful antioxidant and GSE liquid is an anti viral.

Tarmander

di

GSE liquid is a totally different animal from what I'm talking about, I'm talking about a powerful antioxidant and GSE liquid is an anti viral.
pretty sure it doesn't just work on viruses. Lots of SIBO cases seem to be helped

Gone Peating

Ray peat is not a big fan of ANY of the seed oils because of the Polyunsaturated fats they contain. But since I believe grape seed extract contains vitamin E, that may neutralize the bad effects of PUFA :). Here is a good resource to understand what we eat on a ray peat inspired diet
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines

Supping gse should only give you like 100mg of pufa, which is nothing

readforjoy

I'm new and working to get the "hang" of this forum. Thought I'd post my favorite of all supplements, Grape Seed Extract, and have been taking it going on 25 yrs. When I was introduced to it back in 1995 at a lecture, we were told, MAY prevent cancer(s). So far so good and I'm 81.

It has done so much and has me off allergy and sinus meds for close to 25 yrs, this area of health issues was the first to be "fixed".

Other great fixes:
Gums
Eyes
Hearing
Mole/freckle reduction
No cancers for sure
How much GSE do you take each day? Very interesting!

OP
J

jaminhealth

The more one says GSE, the more one will go to the anti viral supplement.

I use Grape Seed Extract and this is what is printed on all labels...it's printed out. It's an antioxidant.

I take at least 200mg daily. One needs to take at least body weight and often more.

And good to take Loading Dose when starting taking it if one has certain issue(s) to address.

Sarah_S

Other great fixes:
Gums
Eyes
Hearing
Mole/freckle reduction
No cancers for sure

Hi jaminhealth,
I am new here.
Since my high blood pressure did not really respond to medication I start to search information how to improve my condition. I have found this article about OPC Vital capsules OPC Vital, I also have a consultation with my doctor and start to take it, it looks like there's an improvment. I wonder what capsules of GSE did you take? Where can I find it?

james26

I am new
GSE does not contain PUFA
Grape Seed Extract contains (Examine.com):
  • Proanthocyanidins (also known as procyanidins), polymers of catechin (subset of flavonoids) molecules at around 74-78% by weight and sometimes up to 81% of Grape Seed Extract
  • Specific procyanidin molecules such as Procyanidin B1 (5.3%), B2 (3.1%), and C1 (1.7%) (different formations of catechin couplets)
  • Free flavonol esters such as epicatechin and catechin (two of the green tea catechins) at less than 6%
  • Some products may contain other bioactives found in grapes (usually lesser quality controlled supplements), as this study found resveratrol at 0.53%, rutin at 1.2%, gallic acid at 1.4% and quercetin as quercetin-3-glucoside at 8%

Korven

Who has used grape seed extracts? And what are there experiences like?

I've been taking 400 mg for a few days (+ allicin) and it's a weird experience. I feel extremely lethargic and my body feels heavy, but in a sort of pleasant, relaxing way. At first I thought my cortisol had tanked for some reason. I'm suspecting I might be inadvertently lowering my BP too much so might have to back off on some of these herbs.

GorillaHead

I've been taking 400 mg for a few days (+ allicin) and it's a weird experience. I feel extremely lethargic and my body feels heavy, but in a sort of pleasant, relaxing way. At first I thought my cortisol had tanked for some reason. I'm suspecting I might be inadvertently lowering my BP too much so might have to back off on some of these herbs.v
Thanks for the response. Thats very likely a possibility with the blood pressure affect.
Any affects to your skin? Oily? Dry? Nothing?

Korven

Thanks for the response. Thats very likely a possibility with the blood pressure affect.
Any affects to your skin? Oily? Dry? Nothing?

Hard to say... I'd probably say nothing. I recently dropped my skincare routine and am currently just using 4% niacinamide spray so skin is probably rebalancing itself.

Other great fixes:
Gums
Eyes
Hearing
Mole/freckle reduction
No cancers for sure
Great thread. I am a big fan of grape seed extract. It really seems to make my skin glow. That and biotin.

Plus bioflavonoids. I’m a big believer in all three. I just never have sensitive skin anymore. I really do think it’s the polyphenols in the bioflavonoids and grape seed extract I take.

I also eat pro peaty fruit and other fruit as well.

Plus I’ve been pleasantly surprised how many good things it is supposed to do.

It apparently is good for helping hair grow. And it is helpful for keeping the blood flowing.

I also read that it is useful for fatty liver.

Anecdotally I read on another website that an older individual took 3,000 mgs. ( 1,000 3 x a day) and completely cleared their liver of fat.

Advocate2021

Well I had a horrid drug reaction when i used grapefruit seed extract- took months for it to go away so be cautious. i know this thread is talking about grape seed extract which may be distinguishable but i see them used interchangeably all the time. I had a rash all over my body and a red band about three inches wide above my pubic area that stretched across my hips. It was horrible. Be cautious.