New Haidut Audio Interview On FitFluential Radio Show (Dec 20/2016)

paymanz

Thanks,

Is there a study on methylene blue enhancing athletic performance?

Also what are examples of anti serotonin and dopaminergic drugs thats banned in sport?

paymanz

Btw I have seen FDA changed stance on dietary cholesterol, but it still recommends to avoid saturated fat.or I miss something?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks,

Is there a study on methylene blue enhancing athletic performance?

Also what are examples of anti serotonin and dopaminergic drugs thats banned in sport?

Performance-enhancing substance - Wikipedia
"...Stimulants improve focus and alertness. Low (therapeutic) doses of dopaminergic stimulants (e.g., reuptake inhibitors and releasing agents) also promote cognitive and athletic performance, as nootropics and ergogenic aids respectively, by improving muscle strength and endurance while decreasing reaction time and fatigue;[3][12][13] some examples of athletic performance-enhancing stimulants are caffeine,[2] ephedrine, methylphenidate, and amphetamine.

Google for "WADA banend list" and a website should pop up where you can search for dopaminergic drugs on the banned list.

I have not seen any direct studies on methylne blue for performance enhancing but athletes are definitely using it.
Sports drug testing: Analytical aspects of selected cases of suspected, purported, and proven urine manipulation. - PubMed - NCBI
"...One sports drug testing specimen was found to contain an unusually high content of saccharides accompanied by hordenine and Serpine-Z4, while no endogenous steroid (e.g. testosterone, epitestosterone, androsterone and etiocholanolone) was detected. This specimen was identified as non-alcoholic beer filled into the doping control sample container, constituting an undisputed doping offense. A doping control sample of bright green color was received and found to contain residues of methylene blue, which is not considered relevant for doping controls as no masking or manipulative effect is known.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw I have seen FDA changed stance on dietary cholesterol, but it still recommends to avoid saturated fat.or I miss something?

The same study from last year that resulted in the reversal of the cholesterol warnings also reached the same conclusion about saturated fat. FDA said it needs to do an internal review before coming up with formal policy recommendations but it stopped disseminating official guidelines claiming that saturated fat is bad per se. So, there was a reversal in terms of no longer claiming that saturated fat causes heart disease, but unlike cholesterol there is no direct statement yet that it is OK to eat it in any amount present in the diet.

dfspcc20

Am I the only one who hates using the term "hacking" in this context? "Bio-hacking", "life-hacking", etc. Maybe because my background is also in computer science. Hacking to me means unauthorized access. Or, perhaps, a ham-fisted attempt to quickly put something together without much forethought ("hacking something together").

Nevertheless, great content so far in the interviews; listening right now.

Agent207

Its me or the recording sounds broken when haidut speaks? At least it sounds broken on my mobile...

haidut

Forum Supporter
I did not know you were a computer scientist Haidut. Much respect.

Thanks. I think you work in the same field, right? There seem to be quite of few of us on this forum.

Dante

Thanks. I think you work in the same field, right? There seem to be quite of few of us on this forum.
@haidut , you talk about having 1g/kg protein for optimal living. What about the recommendations of a low protein diet for kidney diseases ? Is it the specific amino acids that cause problems or the overload of proteins in general ?

schultz

Am I the only one who hates using the term "hacking" in this context? "Bio-hacking", "life-hacking", etc. Maybe because my background is also in computer science. Hacking to me means unauthorized access. Or, perhaps, a ham-fisted attempt to quickly put something together without much forethought ("hacking something together").

Nevertheless, great content so far in the interviews; listening right now.

Yes I agree!

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , you talk about having 1g/kg protein for optimal living. What about the recommendations of a low protein diet for kidney diseases ? Is it the specific amino acids that cause problems or the overload of proteins in general ?

If kidneys are damaged, it is probably an issue with vitamin D, PUFA, low calcium and high PTH. Ray talked about this in one of his very recent interviews. So, the lower protein diet really treats the symptom of creatinine buildup as the kidneys cannot deal with it while damaged. It does not address the issue of fixing the kidneys with vitamin D, calcium and keeping PUFA low. The high phosphate in kidney disease has been successfully reversed in humans with 1g niacinamide daily and at least part of the mechanism is tat by powering lipolysis niacinamide seems to allow kidneys to recover some function and keep proper balance of phosphate and calcium.

dfspcc20

@haidut you brought up the possibility of getting blood tests with just a few drops of blood, referring to companies like Theranos, I think. Despite the issues Theranos had, you said this should still work, in theory.

Any idea when this might happen?

Also, just for my curiosity, why do places like LabCorp need so much (relatively speaking) blood for testing? What is Theranos doing differently to get the same results from less blood?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut you brought up the possibility of getting blood tests with just a few drops of blood, referring to companies like Theranos, I think. Despite the issues Theranos had, you said this should still work, in theory.

Any idea when this might happen?

Also, just for my curiosity, why do places like LabCorp need so much (relatively speaking) blood for testing? What is Theranos doing differently to get the same results from less blood?

I am not that well versed on the logistics of blood testing, but I know that for almost every test the lab wants to get at least 5 times more blood then is actually needed for the test. Maybe they expect accidents in the lab, maybe errors during testing, maybe failures of preparing the specimen by centrifuging, maybe some of the sample degrades during testing, etc. I don't know for sure, but I know they ask for more blood than they need.
Theranos is probably not going to offer anything soon but the technology is relatively mature and probably ready to be sold by another company. You can find Theranos website and then search Google for companies with similar technology. I think the testing is onsite and immediate so much less blood needs to be taken and analyzed. Not sure how exactly they do it as it is a proprietary process but the technology is used in hospitals even now, especially in neonatal and pediatric departments. Many blood tests on kinds are done with finger/toe prick and the same tests on adult would require a blood draw. I think Theranos simply found a way to package much of the testing kits in a machine of acceptable size that could be placed in Walgreens store.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals