New Fast Acting Insulin Contains Niacinamide

InChristAlone

Wow, I wonder by what mechanism? Would any vitamin work the same?

haidut

Forum Supporter
New Ultra Fast-Acting Insulin Fiasp is US FDA Approved

Thought this was so awesome. They added niacinamide to regular novolog which increases its absorption rate. I'll probably try it when it comes out.

That is just a trick to not admit that it is niacinamide that is another one of the active ingredients. Niacinamide aides in generating the beta cells in the pancreas, but nobody will do a direct clinical study. So, the new trick is - scour the literature for what works and then add it to an established and approved product for a given condition and claim it is an absorption enhancer or extender of shelf life. This way not only you don't have to pay for clinical trials but you don't rock the boat by claiming that niacinamide cures diabetes. I have a friend who works in Big 3 pharma company and this is the latest in their line of tricks apparently.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

That is just a trick to not admit that it is niacinamide that is another one of the active ingredients. Niacinamide aides in generating the beta cells in the pancreas, but nobody will do a direct clinical study. So, the new trick is - scour the literature for what works and then add it to an established and approved product for a given condition and claim it is an absorption enhancer or extender of shelf life. This way not only you don't have to pay for clinical trials but you don't rock the boat by claiming that niacinamide cures diabetes. I have a friend who works in Big 3 pharma company and this is the latest in their line of tricks apparently.

Interesting! Really good to know. Would the cure be a direct injection of niacinamide into the pancreas? Novolog takes about 15 minutes to kick in and you can verify this with a continuous glucose monitor. Somehow this insulin is down to 2.5 minutes. Do you think that's the niacinamide or something else they put in there?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting! Really good to know. Would the cure be a direct injection of niacinamide into the pancreas? Novolog takes about 15 minutes to kick in and you can verify this with a continuous glucose monitor. Somehow this insulin is down to 2.5 minutes. Do you think that's the niacinamide or something else they put in there?

Niacinamide has been shown to increase transdermal absorption. It is very similar to urea if you look at the structure. Urea just has an extra ammonia molecule while niacinamide has pyridine. Urea is a known absorption enhancer. So, I think it plays the role of both enhance absorption and treat/ameliorate pancreatic damage. It would be interesting to try injecting into pancreas directly but very few people would probably agree to that. Any irritation to the pancreas runs the risk of causing acute pancreatitis, which can be deadly. The way big pharma will probably proceed with this is to take some cells of the sick pancreas and regrow them in a dish with plenty of niacinamide, then convert them into stem cells and then inject back into the pancreas or try full transplant. But again, not many people will agree to this if their diabetes is well managed. But this is where it is going - regrowth or full organs with stem cell injections or ex-vivo cultivation and then transplant.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Niacinamide has been shown to increase transdermal absorption. It is very similar to urea if you look at the structure. Urea just has an extra ammonia molecule while niacinamide has pyridine. Urea is a known absorption enhancer. So, I think it plays the role of both enhance absorption and treat/ameliorate pancreatic damage. It would be interesting to try injecting into pancreas directly but very few people would probably agree to that. Any irritation to the pancreas runs the risk of causing acute pancreatitis, which can be deadly. The way big pharma will probably proceed with this is to take some cells of the sick pancreas and regrow them in a dish with plenty of niacinamide, then convert them into stem cells and then inject back into the pancreas or try full transplant. But again, not many people will agree to this if their diabetes is well managed. But this is where it is going - regrowth or full organs with stem cell injections or ex-vivo cultivation and then transplant.
I have a nice big needle that is usually used for glucagon IM injections. I have niacinamide and saline...just tell me where to stab myself and we'll get this party rolling! ;) I kid. Really appreciate your inside knowledge on this stuff.

aguilaroja

Niacinamide has been shown to increase transdermal absorption. It is very similar to urea if you look at the structure. Urea just has an extra ammonia molecule while niacinamide has pyridine. Urea is a known absorption enhancer. So, I think it plays the role of both enhance absorption and treat/ameliorate pancreatic damage. It would be interesting to try injecting into pancreas directly but very few people would probably agree to that...

A while back, I suggested to friends with insulin-prescription “adult” diabetes to apply topical niacinamide to the abdominal skin near the pancreas. While it is not clear how deep the absorption may go directly to the organ, it is an accessible maneuver. (And topical niacinamide, as noted in Solban references and elswhere, can protect skin.) None followed through, though they complied with more uncomfortable regimens from their physicians. If one does use it, I will report back.

@haidut has discussed topical absorption in various threads, including:
Topical Absorption Of Caffeine, Aspirin And Niacinamide

aguilaroja

...So, the new trick is - scour the literature for what works and then add it to an established and approved product for a given condition and claim it is an absorption enhancer or extender of shelf life. This way not only you don't have to pay for clinical trials but you don't rock the boat by claiming that niacinamide cures diabetes...

Yes, this also keeps potent effects of nutrients disguised. With increasing access to nutrient reseach in the past few decades, pharma has struggled to keep nutrient benefits within proprietary firewalls. It is much commercial work, with dangers of legit competition, to do another N1a$pan type proprietary nutrient.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals