New Documentary: That Sugar Film

shepherdgirl

Was he eating a lot of pufa at the same time he added sugar? What were the differences in his diet before adding the sugar and after adding it?

Kartoffel

Can't wait to watch this informative, unbiased, completely true, scientifically accurate movie. I think it has the potential to replaces Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth as my favorite science documentary.

40 teaspoons of sugar - that's about 180g of sucrose. I'm usually done with that by 3pm. Maybe I can get someone to pay me a lot of money to make a movie about that guy that eats 100 teaspoons of sugar a day.

Last edited:

Terma

Who puts canned beans in a refrigerator? Something's very wrong here
that-sugar-film-4_3349542b.jpg

Kartoffel

Who puts canned beans in a refrigerator? Something's wrong here

Must be the mental impairment caused by excessive sugar consumption.

Kartoffel

Did he track calories to make sure he wasn't massively overeating in comparison to before, or was he continually eating until he hit his "40 teaspoons target"?

He just ate a collection of junk food products that contained 40 teaspoons of "hidden" sugar, including all the toxic junk and extra calories that are in those products.

Last edited:

teds

Forum Supporter
full disclosure as I haven't seen it but it was fairly widely discussed here in australia on release a few years ago- my understanding was that he is eating food that is proposed/advertised as 'healthy' thus exposing how well meaning creatures who are trying to eat a "healthy diet" are being duped by the food/dietitians/pharma industry- I think the amount of sugar that he consumes is/was considered to be 'RDI" etc.. as I said, having not watched it I'm not sure why he chose sugar.. ironically, I imagine, b/c that's the current media beverage that he's consuming.. who knows.. there are so many variables in this diet it's ridiculous.. but it's nice popcorn for the masses.

Herbie

That looks like Australian products, there is anti sugar histeria going on here, they copy America but don’t realize everything here is our own cane sugar not corn syrup, the populations health will continue to decline until they figure out rape seed oil and realize it’s in almost every product here except beef, dairy and soda which they want to start taxing like they have with tobacco.

I take 10-12 sugars in my coffee and people think I’m joking. I tell them I’m from another planet, it’s the only reasonable explanation.

Last edited:

Sheila

Thank you Mr Bullock for the laugh!
Now that i have composed myself once more, i shall use that explanation also from now on.
Nanoo nanoo,
Sheila

Rafe

Sugar fear. They should add that to the DSM. Treat it with ssri’s and sleeping pills.
Oh wait

Peater Piper

full disclosure as I haven't seen it but it was fairly widely discussed here in australia on release a few years ago- my understanding was that he is eating food that is proposed/advertised as 'healthy' thus exposing how well meaning creatures who are trying to eat a "healthy diet" are being duped by the food/dietitians/pharma industry- I think the amount of sugar that he consumes is/was considered to be 'RDI" etc.. as I said, having not watched it I'm not sure why he chose sugar.. ironically, I imagine, b/c that's the current media beverage that he's consuming.. who knows.. there are so many variables in this diet it's ridiculous.. but it's nice popcorn for the masses.
Yes, this seems to be the case, at least based on the article.

"But there needed to be something to grab the audience's attention. That hook came in aisle five of my local supermarket when I decided to properly read some labels and discovered that BBQ sauce, hoisin sauce and sweet chilli sauce all had more sugar in them per serve than chocolate sauce. What if I could eat my 40 teaspoons of sugar a day by only consuming products that many people would perceive to be ‘healthy’ or at least would have no idea about the amount of sugar that lurks within them?

This became the key part of the narrative and the rules were set. For 60 days I would maintain the same level of exercise that I already did and I would eat no chocolate, ice cream, soft drink or confectionery. The 40 teaspoons a day would be ‘hidden sugars’ found in foods like low fat yoghurt, cereals, muesli bars, juices, sports drinks and assorted condiments."

Obviously those products contain more than just hidden sugars.

Did he track calories to make sure he wasn't massively overeating in comparison to before, or was he continually eating until he hit his "40 teaspoons target"?
It's safe to assume that he was overeating, despite keeping activity levels the same. A person doesn't gain nearly 20 pounds in 2 months on an isocaloric diet.

Jem Oz

Every year here in Oz a minor, dare I say it washed up celebrity jumps on the evil sugar bandwagon. Goes on the talk shows and speaks with full-blown confidence about how they've seen the light.

Actually the main spokesperson for that "movement", Sarah Wilson, has shut down her entire 'I Quit Sugar" operation. To me she genuinely never looked well - drawn and haggard in the face, Madonna arms. I once sent her some links to Ray Peat articles. Strangely enough she never replied...

teds

Forum Supporter
Every year here in Oz a minor, dare I say it washed up celebrity jumps on the evil sugar bandwagon. Goes on the talk shows and speaks with full-blown confidence about how they've seen the light.

Actually the main spokesperson for that "movement", Sarah Wilson, has shut down her entire 'I Quit Sugar" operation. To me she genuinely never looked well - drawn and haggard in the face, Madonna arms. I once sent her some links to Ray Peat articles. Strangely enough she never replied...
the thing is she's not well. Without being judgemental- i know we all have our issues to deal with- but she's been v open about her continuing and quite debilitating struggle with anxiety...

Jem Oz

@teds I wasn't aware that she'd shut it down due to mental health reasons. The cynic in me assumed it was because the American deal fell through and sales were flagging.

Herbie

Sarah Wilsons appearance confirms to me that sugar is good for me and to never quit ever.

Herbie

There is an article about Sarah Wilson and her anxiety on the abc news today, she said she had two suicide attempts while writing her new book. I don’t know if it’s part of her marketing plan or was for real. This is disterbing a young lady needs to resort to publicly marketing her mental illness to make money. This is what quiting sugar will do to a person.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals