New DNA Vaccine Could Lead To A One-dose Universal Vaccine For The Flu

Mito

Sounds risky.

New DNA vaccine could lead to a one-dose universal vaccine for the flu.

The current flu vaccine is an inactivated virus,” Fuller told Digital Trends. “The whole virus is first grown in eggs, then it’s inactivated and injected. DNA vaccines are different. Instead of producing the vaccines in eggs, we instead inject a genetic code for proteins from the virus into our own cells. Our cells then read the code and produce the viral proteins, [aka] antigens. When our immune system sees the antigens, it makes immune responses that can protect against influenza infection.”

Tarmander

By infecting you with AIDS we thereby prevent you from ever getting AIDS again.

Instead of producing the vaccines in eggs, we instead inject a genetic code for proteins from the virus into our own cells. Our cells then read the code and produce the viral proteins, [aka] antigens. When our immune system sees the antigens, it makes immune responses that can protect against influenza infection
tenor (21).gif

haidut

Forum Supporter
By infecting you with AIDS we thereby prevent you from ever getting AIDS again.

It is actually worse that that. More akin to this: "We inject you with DNA that permanently changes your genetic makeup and makes your cells produce HIV on their own."
So, IF you survive your immune system will be trained to fight HIV and it won't be (as) dangerous (in theory) when encountered in the wild. There is no talk about what happens to the cell that are now genetically modified to produce flu/HIV. Do they magically undergo apoptosis? Also, there is no talk about what happens when you make cells produce their own virus. We do have retroviruses in our DNA and I can only imagine what happens when they get reawakened by this genetic tampering...
Finally, there is no discussion on how that changes heritability and the health of your offspring. But I think you can guess what the effects would be.

Tarmander

It is actually worse that that. More akin to this: "We inject you with DNA that permanently changes your genetic makeup and makes your cells produce HIV on their own."
So, IF you survive your immune system will be trained to fight HIV and it won't be (as) dangerous (in theory) when encountered in the wild. There is no talk about what happens to the cell that are now genetically modified to produce flu/HIV. Do they magically undergo apoptosis? Also, there is no talk about what happens when you make cells produce their own virus. We do have retroviruses in our DNA and I can only imagine what happens when they get reawakened by this genetic tampering...
Finally, there is no discussion on how that changes heritability and the health of your offspring. But I think you can guess what the effects would be.

Gotcha, so we don’t give you the AIDS, you become the AIDS...

D

danishispsychic

seems like the bio terrorism is well in place and the fluoride is just the thing to keep us all wandering around in a state of denial.... it's too expensive to keep us healthy. i would not touch another vaccine....