New Book : **** Portion Control From Nathan Guy Hatch

LemonT

I like this guy. He's helped me out a lot first through his blog and then personal correspondence. I ordered the book already and expect it to be pretty good. At the very least something different to try and is consistent with the RP line of thinking.

LemonT

Book: The Blog

cover2b.png

Yes—I have figured out why hair loss happens and how it can be restored! But you'll have to buy the book for this one. It has a ton of new stuff, better writing, new cures, new stories, and best of all, almost NO spelling errors!

• The Cure for Hair Loss
• Heal Varicose Veins and other Venous Insufficiency
• Eliminate some viral Infections like Herpes
• The Cure for Depression & Learned Hopelessness
• Regenerating Tissue through GABA
• Naturally Lean through Nutrition
• The Cure for Erectile Dysfunction
• The Cure for Insomnia
• More insight into Steroids/Sex Hormones/Endocrinological Function
• Lots of Gay Stuff
• And all the great content from this blog, updated.

Of particular note in this book are new insights into curing hair loss, regenerating varicose veins, spider veins, and varicocele and other tissues through GABA, fasting to remove some types of viral infections, curing learned hopelessness, insomnia, and depression, as well as better insights into aging, iron control, thyroid, sex hormones, and erectile dysfunction than what is currently on my blog, and of course stories of my life. *Please note that like the articles on my blog, these are not pharmacological interventions to disease but simpler ideas on healing which require certain adherents to diet and behavior which not all readers will be willing or able to employ.

The book can be purchased here or by clicking on the image to the left. I will make it available on bigger sites like Amazon once there is more demand. Since this is a pre-order the delivery is subject to everything going well with my printer and fulfillment. I will provide updates and anticipate it shipping mid-March.

Here is a list of the chapters (still subject to change) so you can preview the book. Thanks for all your support!

**** PORTION CONTROL, THE BOOK
Introduction
CHAPTER 1: The Staff of Life
CHAPTER 2: The Truth About Fat
CHAPTER 3: The Truth About Sugar
CHAPTER 4: Misleading Science
CHAPTER 5: A Proper Human Diet
CHAPTER 6: Food Supply, Not Genetics, Determines Growth and Sexual Appeal
CHAPTER 7: How To Perform Self-Therapy
CHAPTER 8: SIBO, Metabolic Disease, and Gut Microbiota
CHAPTER 9: Niacin Therapy
CHAPTER 10: Infectious Diseases
CHAPTER 11: Brain Fog, Migraines, Headaches
CHAPTER 12: Dioxins, Toxins, and Pesticides
CHAPTER 13: The Cure For Depression
CHAPTER 14: Iron and Disease
CHAPTER 15: The Cure for Hypothyroidism
CHAPTER 16: Vitamin C Therapy
CHAPTER 17: The Cure for Cancer
CHAPTER 18: Fasting Removes Viral Infection
CHAPTER 19: Curing Erectile and Libido Dysfunction
CHAPTER 20: The Cure for Insomnia
CHAPTER 21: Vascular Insufficiency and General Regeneration with GABA
CHAPTER 22: Permanent Weight Loss
CHAPTER 23: Naturally Lean Through Nutrition
CHAPTER 24: Building Muscle
CHAPTER 25: For the Love of Dairy
CHAPTER 26: Good Bread
CHAPTER 27: Progesterone Heals Everything
CHAPTER 28: Curing Social Perception Disorder (Alcoholism and Drug Addiction)
CHAPTER 29: The Comorbidity of Disease States
CHAPTER 30: The Cure For Hair loss
CHAPTER 31: The Endocrinological Origin Of Institution And Social Discord
CHAPTER 32: God and Spirituality
CHAPTER 33: The Duality of Character Weaknesses and Achieving Balance
CHAPTER 34: Acne
CHAPTER 35: Love and Happiness
CHAPTER 36: Aging

Excellent Work!!! Would love to see Nathan on Danny Roddy's livestream:thumbsup:

Definitely

Obi-wan

I like Nathan also. Always a serious guy on the forum. Read his blogs. Interesting background. Waiting for the @Travis blog. Both are writers

Nathan recommends things fairly rapidly after trying them, and is very enthused about them...but you need a year or two, and experience working with other people, before you can safely recommend something. That is my only criticism of his work and you have to look at it as some possible suggestions rather than as gospel. Unlike Dr. Peat who I look on almost as gospel.

Sunny Jack

Nathan recommends things fairly rapidly after trying them, and is very enthused about them...but you need a year or two, and experience working with other people, before you can safely recommend something. That is my only criticism of his work and you have to look at it as some possible suggestions rather than as gospel. Unlike Dr. Peat who I look on almost as gospel.
Are you the curmudgeon of the boards, then? Does not enthusiasm correlate with a high metabolism?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Are you the curmudgeon of the boards, then? Does not enthusiasm correlate with a high metabolism?
I think it's just wisdom that comes from being in the health-o-sphere for a long time and not necessarily a lack of enthusiasm. Sometimes the more you learn about health the more you realize how unique everyone's situation is and while we can learn from one another it is ultimately going to be up to the individual to put the pieces of their own health puzzle together.

Last edited:

Sunny Jack

I think it's just wisdom that comes from being in the health-o-sphere for a long time and not necessarily a lack of enthusiasm. Sometimes the more you learn about health the more you realize how unique everyone's situation is and while we can learn from one another it is ultimately going to be up to the individual to put the pieces of their own health puzzle together.
Very true! A good point. Everyone's physical situation is different. My post was meant partly in jest, though that sometimes doesn't come across well :)

Glassy

That was the impression I got. He writes in a passionate and compelling way and has obviously overcome great hardship and health issues. I think for many his advice is much better than a lot of other advice out there, but there are many approaches to take and I get a little prickly when someone paints such a clear linear path to health. I think it would have been great for me to come across his writing 10 years ago but I find myself questioning the logic behind a lot of what he is saying. He’s certainly covered some ideas that deserve more research (green banana skins?).

I’d be interested to hear/read his take on varicose veins.

Kunder

Indeed i’ve seen him going from huray ethusiastic to very cautious on certain things. Lysine comes to mind.

Spokey

Seems like it's a good book. I feel he's passed a trial of fire in that he's a cancer survivor too.

managing

Most likely deficient. I'm pretty new to Peat, and I need to get my blood checked.

If your sleep disturbances are related to cortisol, I highly recommend trying cacao butter transdermally. Several times a day, because it will help during daytime too, but especially before bed. Nothing has made me sleep better. Ever.

mostlylurking

Wish I could read the insomnia chapter right now. Really need it. Don't know what to do.
Eat something yummy with sugar & protein (vanilla milk with sugar or Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream) before bed to up your stored sugars. Have a little L-theanine (15-25 mg) before bed. If you wake up in the middle of the night, have a glass of milk with sugar or some orange juice. All this helps lower cortisol.

RobertJM

If your sleep disturbances are related to cortisol, I highly recommend trying cacao butter transdermally. Several times a day, because it will help during daytime too, but especially before bed. Nothing has made me sleep better. Ever.

Wow. Now that's what I call a great sales pitch. I don't get why you wouldn't just eat it, though. Surely it's just the same effect.

managing

Wow. Now that's what I call a great sales pitch. I don't get why you wouldn't just eat it, though. Surely it's just the same effect.
The liver will convert a significant portion of the stearic acid to oleic. Stearic stimulates androgen production, while Oleic inhibits same. I am in the middle of confirming that experience lines up with this. So far, observing strong conformance. Ask me again in a week to be sure.

The quality of sleep was the same either way though.

managing

The liver will convert a significant portion of the stearic acid to oleic. Stearic stimulates androgen production, while Oleic inhibits same. I am in the middle of confirming that experience lines up with this. So far, observing strong conformance. Ask me again in a week to be sure.

The quality of sleep was the same either way though.
Also, oleic can stimulate mast cells to release histamine, while stearic does not.

Obi-wan

Nathan was very against DMSO use