(New Book) Cancer Cured: Victory Over The War On Cancer

yerrag

@yerrag, I sent a note to the author to correct his glycolysis section. He states glycolysis is dependent on oxygen, which it isn't. Glycolysis occurs in the cytosol independent of oxygen. Glycolysis is neither aerobic or aerobic. Even Wikipedia has it wrong (a submission has been submitted to correct the page). The main product of glycolysis is pyruvate. It is pyruvate that is either fermented in the cytosol that is converted to lactic acid. Or the pyruvate passes into the mitochondria where it is oxidized into Acetyl CoA priming the Krebs cycle. So its pyruvate that is either oxidized (in an aerobic environment) or fermented (in an anaerobic environment).

To answer your question. Anything that occurs in the mitochondria requires oxygen--oxidative metabolism. Including fatty acids, which are oxidized (beta oxidation) in the mitochondria into Acetyl CoA priming the Krebs cycle.
Thanks. Someday I hope to understand metabolism enough. Someone here working at DreamWorks? :D

glycolysis is oxygen independent; it produces pyruvate no matter what's available; pyruvate is what is being fermented in the cytosol (but that's only if oxygen isn't present), thus creating lactic acid; if oxygen is present, then the pyruvate leaves the cytosol, enters the mitochondria, and then gets oxidized in the mitochondria creating Acetyl CoA for the Krebs cycle

I constantly sees these terms: glucose oxidation, and anaerobic glycolysis. They aren't totally wrong, but they're not correct either. Glucose is never oxidized, it is converted to pyruvate, then pyruvate is oxidized.

If you go a step further, the lactic acid (lactate) is shuttled out of the cell to the liver to begin the Cori cycle, where the reverse occurs with gluconeogenesis (initiated by cortisol). Lactic acid enter the liver where it is converted back to pyruvate, which is then converted back into glucose, where it is shuttled back into the bloodstream.

J

James IV

Sounds like a lot of people in this thread are overmethylating.

We are just ants in a farm. No matter how the earth is shaped, we are still going to end up as compost. Im just trying to enjoy the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree James. This whole flat earth crap is retarded. What's important is how we treat each other. I hope the author steps back, puts on his turn signal, shifts back into his Cancer Lane, and leaves pointless debate behind.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie, yeah, I wasn't familiar with the term relativism until yesterday. Yeah, the golden rule definitely fits under the heading of universalism. Man, I got freaked out when someone was labeling me post-modernist. I had to step back for a second. I was pushing an ideology and I didn't know it. The Machine has this power to unwittingly divide us.

@Meatbag, stop spreading your baggage. You are so hung up over this flat earth stuff. Let it go man. I agree he shouldn't be using Ray's name without permission, but if the author chooses to hurt his name by diving into the flat earth topic that's his choice. I don't agree with the choice. But it's his choice. It's your opinion that flat earth is disinformation. I don't feel that way. Each side makes valid points. I feel flat earth is a psyop to divide people. Is the author with his flat earth views hurting you? He's not hurting me. He may be self-sabotaging himself, but that's his choice. For some reason, flat earth makes you so angry. That's why I consider you a Globetard. The idea that someone can't see or respect someone else's point of view. Blows my mind.

meatbag

@Meatbag, stop spreading your baggage. You are so hung up over this flat earth stuff. Let it go man. I agree he shouldn't be using Ray's name without permission, but if the author chooses to hurt his name by diving into the flat earth topic that's his choice. I don't agree with the choice. But it's his choice. It's your opinion that flat earth is disinformation. I don't feel that way. Each side makes valid points. I feel flat earth is a psyop to divide people. Is the author with his flat earth views hurting you? He's not hurting me. He may be self-sabotaging himself, but that's his choice. For some reason, flat earth makes you so angry. That's why I consider you a Globetard. The idea that someone can't see or respect someone else's point of view. Blows my mind.

Thanks for the ad hominems, reported.

Because you just won't quit man. You have been disrespectful to an extent that is scary. This forum is about discussion, not attacking people. But you have been hell bent on attacking the author and flat earth. Who cares. I unfortunately started to throw out the other side of the debate. And that didn't go far. But I never attacked anyone who believes we are on a globe--because I still believe we may be on a globe. But I will also consider the possibility that we're not. It's okay to be closeminded, be set in your opinions and pull in views to strengthen your confirmation bias. That's fine. But to just attack for attack's sake is ridiculous.

meatbag

Because you just won't quit man. You have been disrespectful to an extent that is scary. This forum is about discussion, not attacking people. But you have been hell bent on attacking the author and flat earth. Who cares. I unfortunately started to throw out the other side of the debate. And that didn't go far. But I never attacked anyone who believes we are on a globe--because I still believe we may be on a globe. But I will also consider the possibility that we're not. It's okay to be closeminded, be set in your opinions and pull in views to strengthen your confirmation bias. That's fine. But to just attack for attack's sake is ridiculous.

I guess I'll just leave it up to the mods at this point; @charlie @tara @Giraffe

The mod's for what? To excuse you from your bad behavior. Dude, if I get kicked off this forum, my life will still go on. I'm a very respectful, intelligent person. The fact that you posted that last comment is the definition of entitlement. You are asking a forum mod to silence my speech because you got b-hurt. Please man. Use your energy for good. You must have some level of intelligence to contribute to this forum other than by attacking people or asking forum mods to silence me.

meatbag

The mod's for what? To excuse you from your bad behavior. Dude, if I get kicked off this forum, my life will still go on. I'm a very respectful, intelligent person. The fact that you posted that last comment is the definition of entitlement. You are asking a forum mod to silence my speech because you got b-hurt. Please man. Use your energy for good. You must have some level of intelligence to contribute to this forum other than by attacking people or asking forum mods to silence me.

You directly insulted me.

I apologize for the attack. Going forward, please stay clear of me, and I will steer clear of you. Problem solved.

aquaman

It's a book worth a read.. at $25 if that's true, I'd say it's too much. $10-15 on kindle or paperback it's great. It's a mine of references for people here to dig into and learn. I'm sure we could all do with reading more studies / abstracts.

aquaman

Also thanking someone is hardly "using their name" or whatever people are describing. I think it's totally fair to thank Ray without his "approval". Happens all the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals