(New Book) Cancer Cured: Victory Over The War On Cancer

Travis

The bases of all the skyscrapers are brought into perfect view from over 60 miles away.
Simply not true. Link the video with a timestamp.

I set a Level app on my iphone before taking off from the US. When I landed in Sydney AUS my level app was still showing level. That would be impossible on a globe.
Not necessarily. You have to determine how the iLevel works. Most likely it always senses the center of the Earth as "down", since this can easily be measured with the gravitational forces exerted on the sensor. There is no way for the iLevel to sense position relative to a different reference point (unless you think that it works by collecting cosmic rays.)

x-ray peat

@Travis, have you watched any of the YouTube P900 zoom videos from shoreline across Lake Michigan to Chicago or from shoreline across Lake Ontario to Toronto? The bases of all the skyscrapers are brought into perfect view from over 60 miles away. That's impossible on a curved earth.
Based on someone else's knowledge and personal experience, I can now claim as my own personal truth that what you are describing is known as a superior mirage.
Weather Elements: The Superior Mirage: Seeing Beyond

Again, I'm not debating that collective knowledge isn't important. The world needs guidelines. I'm stating that individuals must not fall prey to collective knowledge, but instead, observe, question, test, and then decide to either keep/trash that collective knowledge, and make it their own personal knowledge. But you can't tell someone that their experience, knowledge, or truth is wrong. Unless you are a peace officer or judge, who make the determination of whether your truth is skewed. If your truth says, "Hurting others is right." Well good luck with that. Prison will be your new home. If someone chooses to live in blissful ignorance without affecting anyone, it doesn't make them wrong, but it doesn't make them right either, especially when they speak like a pure, illogical idiot.

Travis

So are you going to support your contention that "[t]he bases of all the skyscrapers are brought into perfect view from over 60 miles away", or are you going to admit that you were either mistaken or lying?

Let me throw this question out there: can there be a balance between relativism and universalism? I do believe in universalism when it comes to natural rights and ideas that keep people safe, structured, and progressing. However, I shy toward relativism as a checks/balances against universalism when it can swing too far in the hands of authoritarians.

@x-ray peat, you note the video about the superior mirage. See, I can say that makes sense. But I can also say that it's just a bunch of physics theory. The question is, can you say to yourself, maybe that's not true?

I have also noticed an interesting truth division between anatomy and physiology. When science discovers/names a structure, e.g. insulin, it's very easy to accept as truth because the world needs guidelines and the structure is easy to define. However, with physiology, say in a human, it's a completely different story. When we talk about the function of insulin, we have a rough idea, but we don't know the whole story because the body is a complex system. Research has told us this is what it does, but it may do more, it may do less. The truth is harder to accept in physiology.

x-ray peat

Let me throw this question out there: can there be a balance between relativism and universalism? I do believe in universalism when it comes to natural rights and ideas that keep people safe, structured, and progressing. However, I shy toward relativism as a checks/balances against universalism when it can swing too far in the hands of authoritarians.
Yes there is a balance. The problem is when the left purposely treats way more things than it should as relative, such as morality and of course truth.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

@x-ray peat, you note the video about the superior mirage. See, I can say that makes sense. But I can also say that it's just a bunch of physics theory. The question is, can you say to yourself, maybe that's not true?
Sure I can say it may not be true. The internet has a way of challenging just about every belief one has, and I can honestly say that very little surprises me anymore. But given the balance of evidence on both sides I would say that the mirage theory makes a lot more sense than the alternative.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Both Ray and Haidut are mentioned in the acknowledgements section for their generosity and guidance during the writing process.

Did you forward your book to Ray before publishing it so he could make an opinion ?

If not, aren't you just using his name to promote yourself?

Is Mark Sloan your real name ? Do you have a medical or scientific background ? If not, how can readers ascertain the character of the author ?

Aren't you having second thoughts about associating Ray to your findings, the flat earth theory being one of them ?

I believe all these things should be addressed here by you before using this forum and Ray's name and reputation to your advantage.

aquaman

It's a great book, mainly thanks to the very detailed references.. anyone can follow them and read the information and make decisions themselves, you don't need to know if the author is an MD.

Ray is not an MD despite the radio interviewers continually calling him
Doctor Peat. A friend of mine has a PHD in English literature, No one calls him Doctor Smith to others.

aquaman

Serious thread hijacking going on here. Take the flat earth debate to another thread and discuss the book here.

Travis

Ray is not an MD despite the radio interviewers continually calling him Doctor Peat. A friend of mine has a PHD in English literature, No one calls him Doctor Smith to others.
They could. Anyone with a doctorate is a doctor by definition.

I would say having a doctorate in biochemistry probably more relevant for giving nutritional advice. In England, medical degrees are actually undergraduate degrees—a situation where people are sometimes called "doctors" without actually having a doctorate.

Take the flat earth debate...
It's not a debate, it's a disinformational mind virus.

Last edited:

Xisca

I have never with my own eyes seen curvature on land and especially not on water, and until somebody can show me a real life practical example of still water with a convex shape on its surface then by default it's flat.
I live near the sea and for me, YES the curve is visible.
Also the sun light makes a shape on the moon, so I know it is not flat. I can also see that sun, moon and stars move. And it is obvious that enormous mass moving in the air would end up ball shaped, as end up most stuff that is send in the air by a volvano.

BUT, I had a aha moment one day on the grass and in the sun, and thought that I WAS THE CENTER OF THE WORLD. And I saw that earth was the center of the world with the sun visibly turning around. Because it is very important to feel oneself in ones center! I believe and see I am the center, but I still KNOW it is not true... You see the difference?

burtlancast

It's a great book, mainly thanks to the very detailed references.. anyone can follow them and read the information and make decisions themselves, you don't need to know if the author is an MD.

Ray is not an MD despite the radio interviewers continually calling him
Doctor Peat. A friend of mine has a PHD in English literature, No one calls him Doctor Smith to others.

Did you read the book?

yerrag

Surprise! Price of book just went up. Paperback from 14.99 to 49.99. Kindle for 14.99 to 29.99.

I was going to send to some friends a link, then realized the price went up.

It's well-written. It has no flat earth so far, for one. Secondly, concepts are explained well enough without going too deeply. It doesn't risk losing the reader to overly complex explanations, yet gives enough information to get a proper understanding.

One concept I have a hard time getting a good grasp on, for example, is how glycolysis differs from oxidative metabolism. The book seems to explain it well enough for an average layman.

He also explains hyperventilation as a lack of carbon dioxide in the blood, and aligns with my understanding of it. I was not in agreement with what Chris Masterjohn, in one of his videos, describing increased breathing rate (does this include hyperventilation) as caused by excess carbon dioxide. Perhaps I'm being presumptuous to question an authority such as Chris. I haven't found yet a satisfactory answer in this thread Test Of Understanding - Energy Metabolism For A Dummy I was hoping someone could chime in on that thread.

Most importantly, the book easily takes the place of a FAQ (no offense to our FAQ, it's just the evolving nature of this forum) in this forum, centered on cancer. But given that cancer is a disease of metabolism, having this book would also help a beginner understand other diseases as well, as many diseases originate from a defective metabolism. If this book can help a cancer victim, it will also help people whose condition isn't so bad as to be called a cancer.

I skipped the first parts of the book though as he's already preaching to the choir, as that's my feeling being a member of the forum. The beginning is about telling the reader the state of the cancer industry and about how inadequate the mainstream is in facing up to cancer.

Last edited:
@yerrag, I sent a note to the author to correct his glycolysis section. He states glycolysis is dependent on oxygen, which it isn't. Glycolysis occurs in the cytosol independent of oxygen. Glycolysis is neither aerobic or aerobic. Even Wikipedia has it wrong (a submission has been submitted to correct the page). The main product of glycolysis is pyruvate. It is pyruvate that is either fermented in the cytosol that is converted to lactic acid. Or the pyruvate passes into the mitochondria where it is oxidized into Acetyl CoA priming the Krebs cycle. So its pyruvate that is either oxidized (in an aerobic environment) or fermented (in an anaerobic environment).

To answer your question. Anything that occurs in the mitochondria requires oxygen--oxidative metabolism. Including fatty acids, which are oxidized (beta oxidation) in the mitochondria into Acetyl CoA priming the Krebs cycle.