New At This: Help With Starting

silverage

Hey everyone,

I've just turned 21 and am interested in beginning to follow a Peat style diet. I've experimented on myself in the past with many diets, and found success (significant improvement in body composition) in the past with fasting and carbohydrate restriction. I do however, recognize that the improvements were likely due to me being more conscious about what I ate and when I ate. My best friend turned me on to Ray Peat and I've always been one to keep an open mind so I want to begin experimenting.

I want to see whether following Peat's diet, or utilizing the suggested supplements will improve my condition (state of being).

Any tips on where to start? What advice would you give to a 21 year old you?

Tarmander

I would say look at the people who have had success with Ray Peat and take their advice to heart. Most moved slowly and did not mega blast themselves with supplements or certain foods. The orange juice milk diet does not work for many.

stevejobs

Same here. I also started out one month ago. My heart rate is pretty low and normally around 55bpm. I just bought a thermometer to track my temperature too. I can also recommend the book healing your metabolism which I plan to finish tomorrow. I would also recommend using a chronometer to track your nutrients. And btw, salt can also improve the taste of sweet things. I also just discovered that I was taking waaay to little sodium which was sort of an epiphany.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals