New Aspirin Recommendations

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I wonder what the real reason is for this new recommendation. Listening to talk radio and one point that was made is that aspirin has been around for so long and now they’ve changed their minds…and “vaccine” is around for a year and they expect people to believe they know all there is to know about it.

Aspirin is a good treatment (and probably preventative) against Covid. So I think we can assume this is the reason. Also they are developing new Covid treatment drugs which are a combo of Famotidine and Celebrex. An over the counter cheap substitute would be Aspirin and Famotidine, so they want discourage use of these cheap items so they can soon sell us the expensive new version. But maybe I am a skeptic:D

OP
T

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Aspirin is a good treatment (and probably preventative) against Covid. So I think we can assume this is the reason. Also they are developing new Covid treatment drugs which are a combo of Famotidine and Celebrex. An over the counter cheap substitute would be Aspirin and Famotidine, so they want discourage use of these cheap items so they can soon sell us the expensive new version. But maybe I am a skeptic:D
I think you are spot on about the money. It is pretty disgusting that they are skewing data and lying about healthcare for people to fit their agenda. I wonder if there is a published study about this.

lampofred

The title of the article makes the article seem worse than it actually is. They are just recommended adults over 60 who have never had heart attacks to not start taking aspirin because the bleeding risk is not worth the benefit (most people don't know that they should eat more butter, cheese, leafy greens for vitamin K to protect against aspirin's bleeding effect). They still recommend middle-aged people (40-59) and old people who have already had a heart attack in their lives to take it.

David PS

Last edited:

David PS

Just a coincidence?

KEY POINTS
  • Question: Is aspirin use associated with less mechanical ventilation in coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) patients?
  • Findings: In an observational cohort study of 412 adult patients with COVID-19, aspirin use was associated with a significantly lower rate of mechanical ventilation, intensive care unit (ICU) admission, and in-hospital mortality after controlling for confounding variables.
  • Meaning: Aspirin may have lung-protective effects and reduce the need for mechanical ventilation, ICU admission, and in-hospital mortality in hospitalized COVID-19 patients.

Last edited:
I

i_nomad

The real reason is a recently published study about how aspirin significantly reduces COVID-19 impact or something like that.

B

Blaze

Love me some Aspirin 1/2 a tab with a Cup of Fruit Juice or sipping Coffee.
For anybody worried about aspirin, I can testify that I had no ill effects whatsoever taking as much as 6 - 325mg aspirins a day with 1 Jarrow Vitamin K Right and I kept that regimen up for more than a year. It's an extreme example as I would not recommend the amount I was taking to anyone unless you have a bad health issue that might make taking that much warrant considering.

This was very long term, not one adverse effect was noted so, either I am unusually good at tolerating aspirin, or more likely, the dangers of aspirin use are being way overstated.

Last edited by a moderator:

David PS

The real reason is a recently published study about how aspirin significantly reduces COVID-19 impact or something like that.
That too. Let us not be reductionist about this matter. Let's count the ways.

Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Aspirin on Mortality in COVID-19

Low-dose aspirin for early COVID-19: does the early bird catch the worm?

NommyWommy

For anybody worried about aspirin, I can testify that I had no ill effects whatsoever taking as much as 6 - 325mg aspirins a day with 1 Jarrow Vitamin K Right and I kept that regimen up for more than a year. It's an extreme example as I would not recommend the amount I was taking to anyone unless you have a bad health issue that might make taking that much warrant considering.

This was very long term, not one adverse effect was noted so, either I am unusually good at tolerating aspirin, or more likely, the dangers of aspirin use are being way overstated.
What was the health condition you took aspirin for?

Sumbody

Curious did you see any effects like weight-loss or anything from this?

I have been taking about 4x 325mg tabs a day, but haven't been taking K besides what is in my multivitamin.

Only been doing this for maybe a couple weeks now.

No real reason to do so, just experimenting.

B

Blaze

What was the health condition you took aspirin for?
Persistent reoccurring serotonin syndrome of unknown cause. Also had elevated liver enzymes. They did a lot of imaging but could not find an intestinal carcinoid or any other cancer. I was super red like a bad sunburn when it would happen, which was very frequently, they measured serotonin by collecting large amounts of urine to confirm it was a serotonin issue.

My Peat inspired self administered regimen of Aspirin, progest-e and doxycycline seemed to be the key things that resolved these issues. Nothing that modern medicine recommended helped me at all. Sad to think of all the many people who go to Doctors and get no good diagnosis.

NommyWommy

Persistent reoccurring serotonin syndrome of unknown cause. Also had elevated liver enzymes. They did a lot of imaging but could not find a carcinoid or any other cancer. I was super red like a bad sunburn when it would happen, which was very frequently, they measured serotonin by collecting large amounts of urine to confirm it was a serotonin issue.

My Peat inspired self administered regimen of Aspirin, progest-e and doxycycline seemed to be the key things that resolved these issues. Nothing that modern medicine recommended helped me at all.
Thanks for the explanation.

B

Blaze

Thanks for the explanation.
Glad to do it. Hopefully it will help somebody here. I kept it very brief as to not overload you but it was a long term issue with a lot of varying symptoms and complexity my Doctor seemed unable to properly diagnose, and that I was ill equipped to address forcing me to learn much. Persistent high serotonin that almost never goes away is often indicative of a slow growing carcinoid tumor in the gut where 80% of serotonin is made anyway. I think in my case, however, since they could not find a tumor, a very compromised gut barrier due to a bad non peat diet inflamed things enough to generate huge amounts of serotonin and the extreme intestinal inflammation also raised liver enzymes. Having a much cleaner intestine through proper diet, and antibiotics and aspirin with vitamin K and progest-e took a while but were the fix for me. Not sure if these same measures would help somebody who does have an actual carcinoid tumor.

It was a great day when I was seeing my Doctor and she looked surprised and told me she had good news, after 2 years or more of very concerning labwork, all my lab results had returned to normal. Anyway, take all this with a grain of salt as it really was just a study conducted by one person, desperate to get well, me, experimenting on myself. These were very long term large doses of Aspirin. This type of experimentation done by any of us on our own bodies is certainly not without risk, so a caution to others, do not just randomly do this. For the curious, what I used below :

Attachments

• usp aspirin.jpg
    usp aspirin.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 25
  • k right.jpg
    k right.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
  • progest-e.jpg
    progest-e.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 29
B

Blaze

Curious did you see any effects like weight-loss or anything from this?

I have been taking about 4x 325mg tabs a day, but haven't been taking K besides what is in my multivitamin.

Only been doing this for maybe a couple weeks now.

No real reason to do so, just experimenting.
No, I never had any weight loss or any other side effects in spite of the 6 aspirin a day I took. My weight never fluctuates a great deal anyway, I always stay trim and very muscular no matter what I eat.

In a nutshell, I finished 2 bottles of 1000 aspirin in a year and opened a 3rd bottle. No side effects.

Everyone is different though, I have heard some people speak of shortness of breath issues with aspirin. Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease is a real thing that happens in some, so caution is required - if any adverse reaction is noted, obviously immediately stop using it. We are looking to use something that is therapeutic to our body , not something damaging to it.

Not at all with me though. Only extremely positive results to report from aspirin.

supercoolguy

1/2 a tab is how many mg in your case ?
Standard 325mg cut in 1/2.
Aprox 160mg.

or I have one 100mg tab, ASPIRINA from MX.

I include 3-10mg Mk4 / Mk7 drops, about every other day to boost up my dietary intake of Vit K.

Last edited:

bawild

Here's the latest attack on aspirin from the HOMAGE study in Europe. Recently published in the Journal of the European Society of Cardiology....https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ehf2.13688 ......

Conclusions​

In patients, at risk, aspirin use was associated with [a 26% increase in] incident heart failure (HF), independent of other risk factors. In the absence of conclusive trial evidence, our observations suggest that aspirins should be prescribed with caution in patients at risk of HF or having HF. "At risk" was defined as one or more of the following: smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

T

TheBeard

No, I never had any weight loss or any other side effects in spite of the 6 aspirin a day I took. My weight never fluctuates a great deal anyway, I always stay trim and very muscular no matter what I eat.

In a nutshell, I finished 2 bottles of 1000 aspirin in a year and opened a 3rd bottle. No side effects.

Everyone is different though, I have heard some people speak of shortness of breath issues with aspirin. Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease is a real thing that happens in some, so caution is required - if any adverse reaction is noted, obviously immediately stop using it. We are looking to use something that is therapeutic to our body , not something damaging to it.

Not at all with me though. Only extremely positive results to report from aspirin.

Have you tried aspirin and doxicycline separately to assess which one had the positive effects?
I too had very positive effects from doxicycline in the past for my serotonin syndrome, but haven't tried aspirin yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals