Neurotic Effects After Exposure To Solvents Please Help

TreasureVibe

Hi all. As some of you know I have made a previous post about how I was exposed to solvent fumes from a glue remover, which I deeply inhaled. I can report now that I still have neurotic symptoms, like misreading words, slight forgetfulness, sudden anxiety and racing thoughts, a stale, dull and flat state of mind, problem focusing, missing things I normally wouldn't miss, lack of attention and sometimes not interpreting what a person is telling me, lack of ability for deep thought, trouble reading etc. And this overall sense of toxic goo sitting in my head, and just not feeling this grip on the moment that I used to have.

The condition, although my exposure was only once, is laid out in this Wiki article for those that want to know:

Chronic solvent-induced encephalopathy - Wikipedia

What supplements can I take to regain mental health, mental clarity, and riddance of all the symptoms above?

I really need some help here! Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

meatbag

Hi all. As some of you know I have made a previous post about how I was exposed to solvent fumes from a glue remover, which I deeply inhaled. I can report now that I still have neurotic symptoms, like misreading words, slight forgetfulness, sudden anxiety and racing thoughts, a stale, dull and flat state of mind, problem focusing, missing things I normally wouldn't miss, lack of attention and sometimes not interpreting what a person is telling me, lack of ability for deep thought etc.

The condition, although my exposure was only once, is laid out in this Wiki article for those that want to know:

Chronic solvent-induced encephalopathy - Wikipedia

What supplements can I take to regain mental health, mental clarity, and riddance of all the symptoms above?

I really need some help here! Thanks in advance..

If it were me i'd take some progest-e :cigar:

meatbag

Please excuse me for my lack of knowledge but how exactly would progest-e aid in my condition? (Laid out in short and direct ways)

Edit: Good God O_O Solvents and gases can actually dissolve brain tissue

Because of its effects on nerves and hypoxic tissue. I've used it for headaches, sleep, post concussion symptoms and its helpful. I've also tested it on cuts and it improved healing/scarring. If you search Peat's site and the forum you should find a lot of studies about it;
Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Because of its effects on nerves and hypoxic tissue. I've used it for headaches, sleep, post concussion symptoms and its helpful. I've also tested it on cuts and it improved healing/scarring. If you search Peat's site and the forum you should find a lot of studies about it;
Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone
I actually have 2 bottles of progest-E at home, but they've been sitting in the fridge for around 3 years. Can it still be used after so long? And also what dosage would be useful, and would it not harm the endocrine system? Edit: I think I'll have to get a new bottle. Just read on the website it would last approx. a year.

Also, I was already opting to get a phosphatidyl complex and phosphatidylserine. Would that be worth it? I mean, it's sort of what your brain is made of..

Last edited:

meatbag

I actually have 2 bottles of progest-E at home, but they've been sitting in the fridge for around 3 years. Can it still be used after so long? And also what dosage would be useful, and would it not harm the endocrine system?

Also, I was already opting to get a phosphatidyl complex and phosphatidylserine. Would that be worth it? I mean, it's sort of what your brain is made of..

If I had progest-e in the fridge for 3 years I would think its fine. I would just eat some calf liver cooked with lots of butter and have some coffee and icecream afterwards (the fat increases the absorbtion and improves the digestion according to what I've read and seen from Peat) instead of supplementing with that if it were me (it has those compounds and I don't trust the supps).

meatbag

I actually have 2 bottles of progest-E at home, but they've been sitting in the fridge for around 3 years. Can it still be used after so long? And also what dosage would be useful, and would it not harm the endocrine system? Edit: I think I'll have to get a new bottle. Just read on the website it would last approx. a year.

I like to take 7-10 drops (~3mg per frop) on the inside of lower lip and then swirl around to coat the inside of the mouth and gums and then drink some milk after that. I've also melted some coconut oil and then poured the progest-e into that and applied topically.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I like to take 7-10 drops (~3mg per frop) on the inside of lower lip and then swirl around to coat the inside of the mouth and gums and then drink some milk after that. I've also melted some coconut oil and then poured the progest-e into that and applied topically.
Wow thanks. No disturbances in endocrine system like steroids would do though? Gotta make sure..

meatbag

Wow thanks. No disturbances in endocrine system like steroids would do though? Gotta make sure..

At that dose I haven't noticed a reduction in libido or change in facial hair or anything. There isn't a negative feedback but it does compete with other hormones for certain enzymes and it does influence the endocrine system but not in a way that seems to be negative, it protects from an excess of other hormones and can be used as a material for testosterone and such. But I'd read more about it, on Peat's site and on the forum and check out some of his interviews before using if your feeling unsure of how it works.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

At that dose I haven't noticed a reduction in libido or change in facial hair or anything. There isn't a negative feedback but it does compete with other hormones for certain enzymes and it does influence the endocrine system but not in a way that seems to be negative, it protects from an excess of other hormones and can be used as a material for testosterone and such. But I'd read more about it, on Peat's site and on the forum and check out some of his interviews before using if your feeling unsure of how it works.
Well I'm completely cool with that, however perhaps you can save me the stress of reading through long articles (No disrespect to Dr. P) and tell me if the organs and glands that make progesterone in your body don't stop working or shrink in size when using lets say 30 mg of progest-E for a couple of days? Like which would be the case with your balls if you were to shoot testosterone enanthate in your legs for a couple of weeks like a bodybuilder would do.

Thanks in advance pal.

meatbag

Well I'm completely cool with that, however perhaps you can save me the stress of reading through long articles (No disrespect to Dr. P) and tell me if the organs and glands that make progesterone in your body don't stop working or shrink in size when using lets say 30 mg of progest-E for a couple of days? Like which would be the case with your balls if you were to shoot testosterone enanthate in your legs for a couple of weeks like a bodybuilder would do.

Thanks in advance pal.

In men most of it is produced in the adrenals and teticles and it increases it own production;"Progesterone stimulates the ovaries and adrenals to produce progesterone, and it also activates the thyroid, so one dose can sometimes have prolonged effects. It shouldn't be necessary to keep using progesterone indefinitely, unless the ovaries have been removed. In slender post-menopausal women, 10 mg. per day is usually enough to prevent progesterone deficiency symptoms......While men do naturally produce progesterone, and can sometimes benefit from using it, it is not a male hormone"-Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

Peat has said that it can shrink the penis for a few days like cold shower while not affecting erections and that cold shower effect goes away after a day when discontinued. I think (and this is my opinion) when a person is in a bad situation is does more benefit than harm (in terms of increasing/decreasing maleness) because of its effect of estrogen in tissues and especially because of its effect on the nerves/brain. You can use DHEA (5mg) with it and it should help reduce some of the anti androgenic effects of the progesterone (which has been recommended on the forum)

Last edited:

Sobieski

I honestly think that your symptoms are self induced due to your perceived neurotoxicity as opposed actual damage. The damage comes from long term exposure; any short term issues would resolve themselves. Just stick to a healthy, easily digestible diet and you'll be fine.

Trix

T3 only (Prescription Cynomel/Cytomel) helps if you have that on hand. Also look into Thiamine (I use Allithiamine because it crosses the BBB) to help with most symptoms. Eat small amount of liver if you do not have separate thiamine. The B Complex would be helpful if you have the activated kind (which means they are broken down already). Mostly, do not be afraid, the body is amazing!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Thanks everyone, I want to investigate progest-E more before using it, but I have the following protocol so far:

Taurine
Phosphatidyl complex
Lecithin
Coconut oil
Magnesium threonate
Vitamin K
Vitamin C?
Vitamin A (for all I have left of the stuff)
B complex (But I have to get this first)
Curcuma?
Zinc? (Have to get a proper version too)

I have zinc picolinate at home, is it safe and Peaty?

Am I missing anything? What do you think?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I actually think you all are underestimating the damage that occurs when exposed to solvents. Do a simple Google search for "solvents brain" and see all the horror stories..

Took a bunch of the supps listed above and already notice drastic improvements.. Will be continued. God I hope I will achieve my old state of mind back. I don't want permanent damage!!!

Sobieski

I actually think you all are underestimating the damage that occurs when exposed to solvents. Do a simple Google search for "solvents brain" and see all the horror stories..

Took a bunch of the supps listed above and already notice drastic improvements.. Will be continued. God I hope I will achieve my old state of mind back. I don't want permanent damage!!!

It's pretty much only relevant to workers who are exposed to large amounts day in day out for long periods of time. You're fine, don't worry.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

It's pretty much only relevant to workers who are exposed to large amounts day in day out for long periods of time. You're fine, don't worry.
My symptoms are not psychosomatic however. I had head trauma before because I was run over by a scooter. This causes my left part of the brain to sometimes feel funny and less active, causing concentration problems and the constant feeling of having crossed eyes. These symptoms subsided over the years since the accident but suddenly increased again after the exposure to the solvents, causing inflammatory sensations in the brain as well.

I also drank alot of alcohol in my youth for a period of time which also damaged my brain, I think.

My point is, I am truly feeling/noticing things in the brain that I obviously did not feel beforehand. These things feel negative, bad, and hinder my cognitive capacity. A one time "hit" of a very pure and high concentration of solvents in the air could very well cause this right? Because it was very concentrated and thick, you couldn't breathe normally at all. My brother, who also was exposed to this thick concentration, appeared high when he was sitting in the fumes.

Perhaps a bit like a big never-ending hangover.

Last edited:

Sobieski

My symptoms are not psychosomatic however. I had head trauma before because I was run over by a scooter. This causes my left part of the brain to sometimes feel funny and less active, causing concentration problems and the constant feeling of having crossed eyes. These symptoms subsided over the years since the accident but suddenly increased again after the exposure to the solvents, causing inflammatory sensations in the brain as well.

I also drank alot of alcohol in my youth for a period of time which also damaged my brain, I think.

My point is, I am truly feeling/noticing things in the brain that I obviously did not feel beforehand. These things feel negative, bad, and hinder my cognitive capacity. A one time "hit" of a very pure and high concentration of solvents in the air could very well cause this right? Because it was very concentrated and thick, you couldn't breathe normally at all. My brother, who also was exposed to this thick concentration, appeared high when he was sitting in the fumes.

Perhaps a bit like a big never-ending hangover.

There may be some trauma caused by the intake, but it will reverse itself. don't worry. I've experienced exposure to toxic chemicals due to my line of work and experienced negative symptoms of lead exposure, but it goes with time providing you relax and let the body do it's work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom