Neuropathy ?

David PS

OP
Highserotonin90
@David PS I didn't do any 👍 Yesterday I took 50mcg of methylene blue and had a remission in about 30 minutes. This confirms that it is helping my body in some way, perhaps by improving mitochondrial and neuronal balance. Any other opinions on this?

youngsinatra

@David PS I didn't do any 👍 Yesterday I took 50mcg of methylene blue and had a remission in about 30 minutes. This confirms that it is helping my body in some way, perhaps by improving mitochondrial and neuronal balance. Any other opinions on this?
I‘d bet that there is defective function at complex IV - cytochrome C oxidase. It‘s the most tricky mitochondrial subsection in my opinion.

It depends on so many facets (heme production and iron transportation, which depends on ceruloplasmin, which depends on thyroid status, liver function, hormones) and is not that easy to fix. Methylene blue can fill in that gap temporarily.

cs3000

@Highserotonin90 do your hands shake a lot? or when you hold them in front of you, and spread your fingers, do your fingers shake?

OP
Highserotonin90
@cs3000 Only if I take objects that have weight while if I'm at rest I don't have obvious tremors. This morning I start to feel the tingling that goes up along the right cervical up to the skull always on the right side. (Occiput) Probably all this is just a consequence of the degenerative processes damaging the spinal cord and myelin 😩

OP
Highserotonin90
@youngsinatra Sure 👍 interactions are endless and difficult to understand every time you change the dynamics with something exogenous.

OP
Highserotonin90
@Apple so lanolin topical (lanosterol) probably help ?

OP
Highserotonin90
@mostlylurking I just took 1gr of Thiamine HCL in water, I will let you know if it helps the symptoms.

atlee7757

nervonic acid

the amount of C24:1ω-9 synthesized in humans is relatively low, and thus exogenous supplementation may be considered necessary to ameliorate neuropathy in individuals with a deficiency in C24:1ω-9.

the acid is also known as shark oil acid. Scientists found that shark brains could repair themselves quickly after being damaged, suggesting that nervonic acid had the ability to promote the repair and regeneration of nerve fibers in damaged brain tissue.
Ray Peat spoke quite favorably about Nervonic Acid; apparently derived in higher amounts from shark brain.

However, all shark oil products seem to be (the toxic) liver oils.

Are there any products available with Nervonic Acid/ Shark brain oil?

atlee7757

nervonic acid

the amount of C24:1ω-9 synthesized in humans is relatively low, and thus exogenous supplementation may be considered necessary to ameliorate neuropathy in individuals with a deficiency in C24:1ω-9.

the acid is also known as shark oil acid. Scientists found that shark brains could repair themselves quickly after being damaged, suggesting that nervonic acid had the ability to promote the repair and regeneration of nerve fibers in damaged brain tissue.
It seems as if shark oils (other than shark liver) are no longer being sold in order to protect the endangered species.

Nervonic acid is found in higher amounts in some plants like Acer Truncatum, which may also be subject to endangered species protection, and do not seem to be available.

Borage oil apparently has small amounts of Nervonic Acid. The amount is never specified, but it could be in the 2-3% range, which has to be balanced against the very high omega 3/omega 6 oils.

Regenerating damaged nerve fiber in brain tissue might be possible with Nervonic Acid, and back when Dr Peat wrote about it, it was currently available, but it does not appear to be readily available at this point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals