Neuropathy ?

Hello everyone, for about 10 days I have been suffering from pain that appears to be something related to peripheral neuropathy but not of diabetic origin. I woke up last Wednesday with my shoulder girdle numb and sore. I didn't feel any tingling. The sensation is of having a blade stuck inside with excruciating pain that resists even NSAIDs such as aspirin. On the same day I started experiencing symptoms of delirium such as auditory and visual hallucinations, insomnia, symptoms of high dopamine, serotonin, histamine...as if my brain struggles to degrade them and keeps me in a state of hyper vigilance and constant wakefulness . I can't figure out if this could be related to a complication of my underlying demyelinating / motor neuron disease or is it something that happened from a different cause such as encephalitis and then a liver / brain infection? I only have a headache if I start making efforts and after 10 days the pain and immobility persist. Gabapentin for the pain didn't help, in fact it got worse in other aspects... unfortunately the hospital wants to give me risperidone for the psychotic symptoms but I don't think it has anything to do with my case. They don't want to look into other causes but I would like to at least prevent a brain/liver infection. Any suggestions on what investigations I can carry out or what I can assume are welcome. Thank you.

OP
Highserotonin90
@LastingJoy Yes, I eat eggs regularly and ate 150g of beef liver exactly 9 days ago. Other things I consumed was clove powder and put topical lanolin along with coconut oil. All the rest no change. Can there be toxicity from any of these?

Do you think zeolite could help me?

LastingJoy

@LastingJoy Yes, I eat eggs regularly and ate 150g of beef liver exactly 9 days ago. Other things I consumed was clove powder and put topical lanolin along with coconut oil. All the rest no change. Can there be toxicity from any of these?

Do you think zeolite could help me?
the few times i experienced auditory/visuals hallucinations, i ate to much eggs/liver/kidneys(to much potato also might have been a contributing factor in some cases) , it occured specifically when i went to sleep and when i woke up, and i also remember waking up a few times with my arm numb, it went away when i reduced/stopped these foods

Last edited:
OP
Highserotonin90
@LastingJoy Do you think something to do with excess vitamin A ? Thanks 😊

LastingJoy

the few times i experienced auditory/visuals hallucinations, i ate to much eggs/liver/kidneys, it occured specifically when i went to sleep and when i woke up, and i also remember waking up a few times with my arm numb, it went away when i reduced/stopped these foods
i
@LastingJoy Do you think something to do with excess vitamin A ? Thanks 😊
i dont have any specific theoric explanation, and i dont think it necessary matter, i would just removes the potential factors that are associated with the start of these symptoms, rewind 10 days ago, not take for granted that something is good even tho some people claim it is, if ir goed away great, if it doesnt i would get more sun exposure, and potentially more raw milk, certains ripe fruits

Momma

Gallbladder. Gallstones.

OP
Highserotonin90
@Momma Thank you but it's the Right and not have gallstone

OP
Highserotonin90
Actually more organs and virtually never muscle meat. I also eat eggs, whole milk, greek yogurt, kefir as protein sources.

LastingJoy

Actually more organs and virtually never muscle meat. I also eat eggs, whole milk, greek yogurt, kefir as protein sources.
feeling to wired is a commun phenomenon people can experienced from liver, wich other organs do you eat(wich quantity ?) ? do you expose yourself to the sun ?

OP
Highserotonin90
@LastingJoy Only liver and heart, sun exposure is massive and daily throughout the body but often I get negative effects from sunlight, it destabilizes me...maybe an excess of ROS that my body is not able to handle... 🤔🙄

LastingJoy

@LastingJoy Only liver and heart, sun exposure is massive and daily throughout the body but often I get negative effects from sunlight, it destabilizes me...maybe an excess of ROS that my body is not able to handle... 🤔🙄

Hi, in my experience, organs from young animals that are fed on milk only or milk/grass and no cereals are way better than organs from adults(also more relaxing, less wiring), grass fed grass finished adult sheep organs can be good, adult beef/cow ones are almost never good, there is some positive calming effects that you can sometimes only experiences from muscle meat, and not from organs, i recommand you try eating muscle meat and see how you feel.

I have been drinking mostly raw milk this past month and spending all day in the sun, i noticed approximatively a week, a week and half ago, that sunlight does not feel the same, less relaxing,it make me more wired during the day and even at night.

I recommand if you have acces to some ripe good fruits with oranges flesh, you eat some, if they are ripe they can feel way more calming than milk, specifically at this moment of the year when the sun get really intense

OP
Highserotonin90
@ LastingJoy thanks 😊

OP
Highserotonin90
@Momma Thanks, that might make sense but I don't understand if this pain and limited mobility is skeletal muscle tissue (including tendons/ligaments/cartilage) or is it something neural? and what do you think is better to do at the biliary level? consider that I have an irreversible skeletal asymmetry which doesn't help.

mostlylurking

I have been suffering from pain that appears to be something related to peripheral neuropathy but not of diabetic origin. I woke up last Wednesday with my shoulder girdle numb and sore. I didn't feel any tingling. The sensation is of having a blade stuck inside with excruciating pain that resists even NSAIDs such as aspirin.
Thiamine deficiency? Hypothyroidism?

Do you have a vertebra that is out of whack and putting pressure on a nerve? I lived for years with that issue because of hypothyoidism and thiamine deficiency. I've addressed both so I'm holding together much better now. Hypothyoidism causes mushy cartilage which results in joints being unstable, including the spine. I found good chiropractors to be a godsend.

I learned that I had a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage in 2020 when I tried taking around 300-350mgs of thiamine hcl (with water only) for severe pain that aspirin would not help. I experienced complete relief from the pain within 45 minutes of taking the thiamine hcl. My body temperature increased a full degree to 98.6 too.
On the same day I started experiencing symptoms of delirium such as auditory and visual hallucinations, insomnia, symptoms of high dopamine, serotonin, histamine...as if my brain struggles to degrade them and keeps me in a state of hyper vigilance and constant wakefulness
Thiamine deficiency?

I can't figure out if this could be related to a complication of my underlying demyelinating / motor neuron disease or is it something that happened from a different cause such as encephalitis and then a liver / brain infection? I only have a headache if I start making efforts and after 10 days the pain and immobility persist.
Thiamine deficiency? Biotin deficiency? Both? Have you considered finding a good chiropractor?

I eat eggs regularly and ate 150g of beef liver exactly 9 days ago. Other things I consumed was clove powder and put topical lanolin along with coconut oil.
What's your consumption of sweets/starches like? Do you drink coffee? How much? Both of these things will make a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage worse.
maybe an excess of ROS that my body is not able to handle...
Thiamine deficiency?
snippet:

2. Mechanisms underlying TD-mediated neurodegeneration​

2.1. Oxidative stress​

Oxidative stress is defined as disequilibrium between reactive oxygen species (ROS) production and the ability to detoxify the reactive oxygen intermediates [74]. The brain is particularly vulnerable to oxidative stress due to its high oxygen consumption and high production of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Accumulating evidence has demonstrated that oxidative stress plays an important role in excitotoxicity, axonal damage and neuronal death [75], and is involved in the onset and progression of several neurodegenerative diseases, such as AD, PD, HD, and ALS [76, 77].
Like in neurodegenerative diseases, oxidative stress seems to play an important role in TD-induced brain damage. Both animal and cellular models have clearly shown that TD increases ROS production and causes oxidative stress in the brain and neuronal cells. For example, in TD animal model, a wide spectrum of markers of oxidative stress, such as heme oxygenase-1, superoxide dismutase, ferritin, and malondialdehyde are increased in the brain [32, 78, 79]. In addition, lipid peroxidation product, 4-hydroxynonenal (HNE), are also increased in neurons of the CNS [80]. The changes in the levels of antioxidant enzymes, lipid peroxidation, and protein carbonyl content in brain mitochondria have been reported in the brains of TD animals [81]. Moreover, it has also been demonstrated that TD selectively causes oxidative stress in neurons in vitro [58, 82].
There are several mechanisms underlying TD-induced oxidative stress. One possible mechanism might be due to mitochondrial dysfunction. Mitochondria are a major source of ROS, and also a target of TD. Previous studies indicate that binding site densities for the translocator protein, a useful marker of mitochondrial dysfunction, are increased in the brains of TD animals [83]. TD may damage the antioxidant system in the brain. For example, antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase are significantly reduced in the brain of TD animals. [81]. Another possible mechanism is neuroinflammation which may contribute TD-induced CNS damage. TD significantly increases pro-inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, interferons, as well as many transcription factors known to control inflammatory gene expression are upregulated in TD animals [33]. The neuroinflammation may alter mitochondrial membrane potential and thus its function, resulting in an increase in ROS [84]. Reversely, oxidative stress can also induce neuroinflammation. For example, there is increasing evidence that activated microglia produce excessive ROS during aging and hypoxia, resulting in the nuclear factor-κB-dependent excessive production of proinflammatory mediators, such as interleukin-1β, tumor necrosis factor-α, and interleukin-6 [85].

You said: "...consider that I have an irreversible skeletal asymmetry which doesn't help." Again, thiamine deficiency?

I had scoliosis bad enough to require a 5/8" orthopedic lift in my left shoe. I was miserable for over 10 years. Then I found high dose thiamine and my scoliosis resolved.

I don't understand if this pain and limited mobility is skeletal muscle tissue (including tendons/ligaments/cartilage) or is it something neural?
If you have a vertebra out of alignment, nerves get pinched, resulting in neurological symptoms. Good chiropractors are helpful.

I'm holding together very well since I optimized my thyroid medication with the help of a good endocrinologist and I take high dose thiamine hcl (1 gram, 2Xday). I still see my chiropractor twice per month for maintenance.

Apple

nervonic acid

the amount of C24:1ω-9 synthesized in humans is relatively low, and thus exogenous supplementation may be considered necessary to ameliorate neuropathy in individuals with a deficiency in C24:1ω-9.

the acid is also known as shark oil acid. Scientists found that shark brains could repair themselves quickly after being damaged, suggesting that nervonic acid had the ability to promote the repair and regeneration of nerve fibers in damaged brain tissue.

Last edited: