Nestle And L'oreal Have Launched A Taurine-based Hairloss Product

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is not really news as the press release is from 2007 but somehow is managed to stay under the radar.

The proposed mechanism of action is taurine reversing follicular fibrosis, which is pretty plausible given the overall anti-fibrotic effects of taurine especially in organs like the heart and liver.

It is yet another hint that pharma/food companies are closely monitoring studies on natural ingredients like taurine and are developing products based on whatever they feel is promosing enough to offer good ROI. Finally, this matches well the recent post about taurine beating Finasteride for stress-induced hair loss.
Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

Last edited:

meatbag

I wonder if taurine also stimulate the g6pdh enzyme given it has similar actions to insulin?

nm found it does in that study you posted in the better than finasteride thread...

Lightbringer

Damn they beat you to it bro
I think if haidut and Danny Roddy (the original hair mafia) collaborated, they could come up with the Peatarian version of Rogaine :troll:

All haidut has to do is replace dmso with coconut oil for this hair product. Thank me later :cigar:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Damn they beat you to it bro

Yeah, by just 9 years:) But never too late to improve on the product as I have not seen it become a blockbuster yet.
Btw, the study I posted in the other thread came out in 2013 so the European product must have been based on some other kind of unpublished research.

bfunk

This is not really news as the press release is from 2007 but somehow is managed to stay under the radar.
http://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkUpdateNestleandLoreal7-07.html

The proposed mechanism of action is taurine reversing follicular fibrosis, which is pretty plausible given the overall anti-fibrotic effects of taurine especially in organs like the heart and liver.

It is yet another hint that pharma/food companies are closely monitoring studies on natural ingredients like taurine and are developing products based on whatever they feel is promosing enough to offer good ROI. Finally, this matches well the recent post about taurine beating Finasteride for stress-induced hair loss.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ffective-than-finasteride-for-hair-loss.8284/

Haidut,

First of all, thanks so much for all the research you do! I've found it so helpful and interesting. Been lurking on the forum for a while, but thought maybe I could pick your brain on this topic a little further as it directly pertains to me and I'm selfish like that :P

Regarding Taurine, any insight as to the dosage required to "reverse follicular fibrosis?" The link provided states "Improvement was noted in 100% of the women receiving Hair Mass in only 7 weeks. All cases of thinning hair were apparently “resolved” after 6 months." If this is true, I'm surprised the product hasn't caught on after all this time... that said, I know the regulatory environment in the US is quite a barrier for new, innovative products.

Do you think fibrosis is indicated in most cases of "androgenic alopecia"? I'm a woman and have been suffering with hairloss for over 4 years, ever since a brief stint with paroxetine (if only I knew then what I know now)... I KNOW the antidepressant correlated to the onset of my hairloss, but derms tell me I have AGA regardless. I've experienced a significant reduction in shedding through implementing some Danny Roddy recommendations, and also recently using a number of your products (solban, estroban, progestene, energin, [which are all amazing!]) however, the thinnest areas still just don't seem to want to grow. I've often wondered if the damage is done there, because the rest of my hair actually grows relatively fast and healthy looking. So, I guess I'm also asking if you think an "inactive" follicle is gone for good, at a certain point.

Very curious... thanks!

Philomath

Is the green tea important or is it just the caffeine?

Waynish

Anyone make a good recipe out of these ingredients? I imagine the consistency would be a pain - so you'd just make a paste that you'd rub on in coconut oil?

"A one month supply of Hair Mass cost about $45.00 U.S. plus the cost of shipping from Europe. The beauty of this formula is that it can be readily put together in a much higher potency at a fraction of the cost. A combination of L-Taurine (1000 mg) Mega Green Tea Extract (795mg, 98%) and Zinc Methionine (OptiZinc), the most bio-available form of Zinc, 30 mg from the MPB Buyer's Club will cost about $19.00 a month."
Nestle and L'Oreal and Hairloss

Kray

http://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkUpdateNestleandLoreal7-07.html

Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss
Interesting-- just tried to link the bottom of the page and came to "nothing found". Haidut- where is YOUR product? ?. Did they give up on theirs, or is it just not available in the US? Nothing I could find uner "Hair Mass" on search either. Different name now?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting-- just tried to link the bottom of the page and came to "nothing found". Haidut- where is YOUR product? ?. Did they give up on theirs, or is it just not available in the US? Nothing I could find uner "Hair Mass" on search either. Different name now?

I updated the dead link. It seems to work now. Their product is oral and contains a very small amount of taurine. If that small amount of taurine works then drinking a RedBull 2-3 time weekly should be enough to replicate the results.

Kray

I updated the dead link. It seems to work now. Their product is oral and contains a very small amount of taurine. If that small amount of taurine works then drinking a RedBull 2-3 time weekly should be enough to replicate the results.
Funny they can make such a claim with so little substance (no pun). Most OTC "supplement" makers can't get away with that! Thanks for update.

Edit- just tried the link again (the "hairloss research" one)-- still showing "page not found".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Funny they can make such a claim with so little substance (no pun). Most OTC "supplement" makers can't get away with that! Thanks for update.

Edit- just tried the link again (the "hairloss research" one)-- still showing "page not found".

It may be a cached page issue. It works or me. Try Ctrl+R when viewing the thread and then click on the link.

Kray

It worked- thank you!

I see it is only in Europe. At least they give glowing reviews on L-taurine in its own right, as a supplement. I would be curious to know how the Hair Mass product is faring in Europe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom