Negative effects of thyroid

equipoise

Does anyone react really badly to thyroid? I tried Tyromix, straight T3 and T3/T4 combo. Doses were all really small, 3mcg t3/6mcg t4. How in the hell do bodybuilders take 25mcg of T3 at once? I'd definitely have a cardiac arrest.
In fact even 2mcg of T3 will have me experiencing diarrhea, high BP, high pulse, cold sweat, extreme anxiety and so on. My only conclusion is I go hyper and I'm on a verge of a thyroid storm.

Frostee

Funny timing of this post - I tried going back on thyroid for the first time in a year today. I had diarrhea and stomach cramps today as well, which I never get. I ate the same foods as always. I only took 2mcg of T3 and then had stomach upset and thought it wasn't related, but then took 1/6 pill of cynoplus at dinner and had the worst stomach cramps and then diarrhea.

But nothing else bad like you did. I'm going to get off it and I think it will go away tomorrow

Dr. B

Does anyone react really badly to thyroid? I tried Tyromix, straight T3 and T3/T4 combo. Doses were all really small, 3mcg t3/6mcg t4. How in the hell do bodybuilders take 25mcg of T3 at once? I'd definitely have a cardiac arrest.
In fact even 2mcg of T3 will have me experiencing diarrhea, high BP, high pulse, cold sweat, extreme anxiety and so on. My only conclusion is I go hyper and I'm on a verge of a thyroid storm.
they do 25mcg? that could be bad for muscle. i had a bad experience doing t3 only, never tried t3/t4. thyroid glandular freeze dried seems fine

OP
E

equipoise

Funny timing of this post - I tried going back on thyroid for the first time in a year today. I had diarrhea and stomach cramps today as well, which I never get. I ate the same foods as always. I only took 2mcg of T3 and then had stomach upset and thought it wasn't related, but then took 1/6 pill of cynoplus at dinner and had the worst stomach cramps and then diarrhea.

But nothing else bad like you did. I'm going to get off it and I think it will go away tomorrow
Yeah diarrhea is the most common symptom. Thyroid is a no joke and I ain't ever touching the stuff again by my own hand, without gp monitoring me. Thyroid storm must be one of the worst thing human beings can endure. And the worst thing of it all, the first two times I took TyroMix, I felt great. Calm, collected, pulse up, cleared brain fog, energy.

the first two times I took TyroMix,
I know someone who felt the same. First time its like liberation from many health and phycological issues and it never work again. The first dose only.

HighT

Yeah diarrhea is the most common symptom. Thyroid is a no joke and I ain't ever touching the stuff again by my own hand, without gp monitoring me. Thyroid storm must be one of the worst thing human beings can endure.
By the storm, do you mean only diarhea, or there are other bad sides as well?

OP
E

equipoise

By the storm, do you mean only diarhea, or there are other bad sides as well?
Surreal sense of impeding doom, pulse and BP through the roof, pins and needles, cold sweat..straight terrible and I wouldn't wish this on my mortal enemy.

HighT

Surreal sense of impeding doom, pulse and BP through the roof, pins and needles, cold sweat..straight terrible and I wouldn't wish this on my mortal enemy.
Damn, sounds like a bad trip. I might be hypothyroid, even thou I'm not very convinced. So should I try TyroMax assuming it's from natural source?

OP
E

equipoise

Damn, sounds like a bad trip. I might be hypothyroid, even thou I'm not very convinced. So should I try TyroMax assuming it's from natural source?

Be honest to yourself. Try to separate hypochondria from actual disease. Hypo is classic low pulse, low temps, constipation, serotonin overload, the whole package.
I'm talking from my own experience, recovering from benzos while healing my traumas I thought I was hypothyroid. Plus mother has hashimotos. Age plays a huge factor here. I'm in my late 20s and my androgens are high (protective factor). I'm very grateful for discovering Peat - especially being aware of endotoxin, debunking serotonin and getting rid of sugar fear (the big propaganda). But I did eventually realise most of the stuff Peat talks about it catered to the folks who, unfortunately, have years of unhealthy habits / food choices/ stress/ PUFA accumulation that resulted in low thyroid state / high adrenaline output. Basically perma fight or flight. We always ate homemade food, my mom cooked a lot and I drank tons of milk growing up, had access to organic eggs, bacon, potatoes, veggies..then adolescence came and the stress of parents fighting had negative impact on my well being and so many other things.

My point is, do try and think how bad things really are. Go out there and make something of this mess, day by day. I subscribed to the existentialist school long time ago but I have since found my peace. All the best to you.

HighT

Be honest to yourself. Try to separate hypochondria from actual disease. Hypo is classic low pulse, low temps, constipation, serotonin overload, the whole package.
I'm not hypochondric, always made fun of such people.
My pulse is below 60 at rest. Got cold palms and feet, don't know about body temperature and serotonin.
Also cholesterol is 10.03 mmol/l,
Ldl - 7.64 mmm/l,
HDL- 1.97 mmol/l
CRP - 20.8 mg/l