Need Your Help! T3/T4? Desiccated Thyroid?

Raven

Hello excellent people of the ray peat forum.

I’ve been incorporating quality liver, oysters and cheese weekly for the past year. I drink a lot of milk, OJ and I also eat some fruit from time to time. I lift heavy stuff about 2-3 times a week depending on how rested I feel.

Had been feeling pretty good over the past 6 months until... fall/winter happened.
I wake up 1-2 times every night the past month and my hair is thinning. I try to get the little bit of sun that’s available to me and not over exercise.

Thing is I was probably hypothyroid from a very young age starting at around 14-15 and I think I still haven’t healed that part. I think I need a little extra help and have been thinking of supplementing thyroid, which I still find kind of scary but hypothyroidism is scarier so I’m going to do it.
But.. I want to do it the right way and not F myself up unnecessarily.

MY QUESTIONS:
Desiccated vs synthetic?
T3/T4 ratio’s and dosing? (according to Peat?)

Please point me in the right directions!
Any other tips are very welcome.

Lana

Well... how do you feel so far?
Have you been on it for long?
I have been taking it but not consistently plus I’m in thiamin , b vitamins , niacin , magnesium. I’m a bit bamboozled with all the stuff I’m taking . I’m recovering from toxicity from flagyl. I have found it to be good . I have cynomel in the post coming to me . I will try it again . My symptoms overall seem to be improving.

I think the dried New Zealand bovine thyroid product from lifegivingstore.com is very good. But I have had the best success with Cynoplus.

Jonnie

I have been taking it but not consistently plus I’m in thiamin , b vitamins , niacin , magnesium. I’m a bit bamboozled with all the stuff I’m taking . I’m recovering from toxicity from flagyl. I have found it to be good . I have cynomel in the post coming to me . I will try it again . My symptoms overall seem to be improving.
Interesting. Please do share once you’re back on the thyroid. Glad your symptoms are improving.

Jonnie

I think the dried New Zealand bovine thyroid product from lifegivingstore.com is very good. But I have had the best success with Cynoplus.
Interesting.
So I was just on the phone with my doc. She’s not giving me the prescription for thyroid, she says my TSH at 1.04 last year was good and she doesn’t see any reason.
I told her I’ve had all the symptoms since my 16th basically and that I’d start with really small doses and stop if things wouldn’t feel right.
Still a no.

Do you have any idea which thyroid to get that I can order to Europe without needing a prescription?
I’ve been looking at tyromix...

Lana

Interesting.
So I was just on the phone with my doc. She’s not giving me the prescription for thyroid, she says my TSH at 1.04 last year was good and she doesn’t see any reason.
I told her I’ve had all the symptoms since my 16th basically and that I’d start with really small doses and stop if things wouldn’t feel right.
Still a no.

Do you have any idea which thyroid to get that I can order to Europe without needing a prescription?
I’ve been looking at tyromix..

MidBicep

Interesting.
Still a no.

I’ve been looking at tyromix...
I don't think you need a prescription for NDT. I think it's in the homeotherapy section, or that's where I was told to look into from my pharmacist.
The NDT from LifeGivingStore is good, warms you up quickly. The first time you're gonna take it can be a bit of a shock, I reached 110 heart rate but after a bit I was overtaken by a feeling of relaxation. I've gone from a waking temperature of 35.4 consistently to never falling below 36.5 unless I screw up majorly with my experiments and I attribute that part a bit to the thyroid.
I don't like doctors. I used to have 0.03 TSH and my endo put me on meds to increase that to 5.0, I don't trust them. They're either evil or misguided.

Jonnie

I don't think you need a prescription for NDT. I think it's in the homeotherapy section, or that's where I was told to look into from my pharmacist.
The NDT from LifeGivingStore is good, warms you up quickly. The first time you're gonna take it can be a bit of a shock, I reached 110 heart rate but after a bit I was overtaken by a feeling of relaxation. I've gone from a waking temperature of 35.4 consistently to never falling below 36.5 unless I screw up majorly with my experiments and I attribute that part a bit to the thyroid.
I don't like doctors. I used to have 0.03 TSH and my endo put me on meds to increase that to 5.0, I don't trust them. They're either evil or misguided.
Oh great tip, sound exactly like what I’m looking for. I’ll give it a go.

And I can’t agree more, 99% of doctors are either misguided or just evil. Not once have I been better off by going to a doctor in my entire life, or dentist or orthodontist... except for the C-section I was born with... surgery can be great I guess.

somewhere I read the 4 things medically that work

aspirin for headaches

insulin for diabetics

antibiotics for disease

ER medicine for car wrecks

everything else is doubtful.