Need Translation Of German Quote By Einstein

burtlancast

Many critics of Einstein calling him a plagiarist attribute him this quote from his 1907 paper on relativity:

"It appears to me that it is the nature of the business that what follows has already been partly solved by other authors. Despite that fact, since the issues of concern are here addressed from a new point of view, I am entitled to leave out a thoroughly pedantic survey of the literature..."

I've found the original paper, but after using google translate, i suspect the quote has been slightly altered.
Here's the original text:

"Es scheint mir in der Natur der Sache zu liegen, daß das Nachfolgende zum Teil bereits von anderen Autoren klargestellt sein dürfte. Mit Rücksicht darauf jedoch, daß hier die betreffenden Fragen von einem neuen Gesichtspunkt aus behandelt sind, glaubte ich, von einer für mich sehr umständlichen Durchmusterung der Literatur absehen zu dürfen, zumal zu hoffen ist, daß diese Lücke von anderen Autoren noch ausgefüllt werden wird, wie dies in dankenswerter Weise bei
meiner ersten Arbeit über das Relativitätsprinzip durch Hrn. Planck und Hrn. Kaufmann bereits geschehen ist."

Can anyone speaking german help?

Attachments

• einstein attributed quote.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 8

squanch

"It appears to me that it is the nature of the business that what follows has already been partly solved by other authors. However taking into account the fact that the issues of concern are here addressed from a new point of view, I believe I am entitled to leave out a thoroughly pedantic survey of the literature, particularly since I hope that this gap will be filled by other authors, like thankfully it happened in my first work about the principle of relativity by Mr. Planck and Mr. Kaufmann."

To be completely honest, I'm still not 100 % sure what he was trying to say here. He addresses an already partly solved problem from a different point of view, that's why he doesn't need to survey the existing literature on the problem?

Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Thanks a lot.

I thought it was a made up quote, but i see it's entirely accurate.
That's quite a damaging statement.
People interested in Einstein's plagiarism can read this paper.
Besides being published in Nexus around 2004, it's almost banned from the internet, so good is it's evidence.

I join here the entire 1907 original german article by Mr Plagiarist of the century.

Attachments

• einstein1907.pdf
    520.8 KB · Views: 1
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

To be completely honest, I'm still not 100 % sure what he was trying to say here. He addresses an already partly solved problem from a different point of view, that's why he doesn't need to survey the existing literature on the problem?

He's saying that he doesn't have to cite all the people who have stated the same things he wrote in his article.

It's just a diverted way of stealing their work.

Back
Top Bottom