Need To Urinate Preventing Deep Sleep

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Yesterday was much better, and I'm not sure why. I didn't do anything differently, as far as I'm aware, but I was urinating as normal in the evening. I did still get up during the night, but at least this is a positive step. Let's see what happens this evening.

yerrag

I hope you're doing much better now.

Recently, I noticed that I don't go to urinate as much anymore, even during the day. At night, I would wake up only once to urinate. And sleep has been easy, like how it used to be.

As I have been keeping track with a CBC test every 2 weeks, I noticed that my wbc and neutrophils have gotten to a point lower than it had been in the past 4 years. I'm still taking antibiotics as well as copper acetate and colloidal silver, and started taking minced garlic mixed with buckwheat honey - all antibiotics - just to make sure no bug gets away.

I believe there's much less immune system activity now, and a threshold of immune system activity has been breached. This likely meant that there's less phagocytic activity which would involve a lot of water production from the oxidative activity involving hydrogen peroxide and its intermediate free radicals.

Some of these reactions involve equations such as these:

2H2O2 > 2H2O +O2

2H + H2O2 > 2H2O

2O2- + 2H+ (+SOD) > H2O2 +O2

2H2O2 (+Catalase) > 2H2O + O2

OP
M

metabolizm

@yerrag Still not figured it out completely, but I'm pretty sure it's related to stress. So I'm trying very hard to eliminate stress.

thomas00

Thanks for all the suggestions @ecstatichamster @redsun @HealingBoy @koky @yerrag . Just as an update:

What's been happening is that I'm peeing copiously during the day, but at some point in the evening after 6pm I basically stop peeing, even if I continue drinking. Then, around 3am, I start peeing again - several times. Interrupting my deep sleep.

I don't know what's going on here. It's as though my vasopressin is getting switched on too early. Another possibility is prostate inflammation, and another possibility is gut irritation - it's been feeling very irritated and bloated lately, possibly due to eating brown rice, so there may well be a connection there. I just can't get my head around why things get so bad around 6pm, and then the waterworks open again during the night.

It would be a miracle if I could solve this, because having a completely uninterrupted sleep would do wonders for my health.

Peat: Intestinal inflammation causing sensitivity of the smooth muscle in the bladder wall, not prostate.

It's common in hypthyrodism. Are you hypothyroid? I imagine cypro might help too.

OP
M

metabolizm

Peat: Intestinal inflammation causing sensitivity of the smooth muscle in the bladder wall, not prostate.

It's common in hypthyrodism. Are you hypothyroid? I imagine cypro might help too.

That's really interesting.

I'm almost certainly hypothyroid, but I haven't had it confirmed. I also have a very sensitive, frequently inflamed intestine, but I haven't figured out what's causing it and how to treat it. I do try to avoid undercooked starches and veg, but I still seem very prone to gas. I'm a bit worried about crypro because I've been suffering from anhedonia recently and don't want to make it any worse. It's quite possible that anxiety is the root cause of all my ailments, and of course I'm focusing mainly on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas00

That's really interesting.

I'm almost certainly hypothyroid, but I haven't had it confirmed. I also have a very sensitive, frequently inflamed intestine, but I haven't figured out what's causing it and how to treat it. I do try to avoid undercooked starches and veg, but I still seem very prone to gas. I'm a bit worried about crypro because I've been suffering from anhedonia recently and don't want to make it any worse. It's quite possible that anxiety is the root cause of all my ailments, and of course I'm focusing mainly on that.

If you are hypothyroid there is a good chance you've got SIBO too, which can cause gas. Antibiotic might be worth considering. Charcoal and carrots before that if your hesitant.

OP
M

metabolizm

If you are hypothyroid there is a good chance you've got SIBO too, which can cause gas. Antibiotic might be worth considering. Charcoal and carrots before that if your hesitant.

I've been eating more raw carrots than normal, and it does seem to help. I don't know much about SIBO, but I'll read up on it.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Still no real relief from this problem, nor am I much clearer in my understanding of it. There have been a few scattered evenings when things seem to return to normal, but I can't figure out why.

I pee normally during the day, but mostly lose the urge to pee in the evening, after about 5pm, even if I keep drinking. I sometimes force myself to go, despite the lack of urgency, but can only manage a dribble. I then wake up around 1 or 2am with a strong urge to urinate, and some nights I'm up three or four times.

It's possibly connected to intestinal inflammation, as I've noticed that my intestine does seem worse in the evening, and I suppose is at its most relaxed during sleep. Someone suggested fasting, and I'm sure that would help, but I can't quite bring myself to do it, and I imagine it would only be a temporary solution anyway. Dropping starch might help, but that brings a whole host of other problems.

This is a very peculiar ailment that, as far as I can see, is also extremely rare. I wish I could get to the bottom of it, but my powers of deduction and analysis are clearly not very strong. My intuitions is that recent extreme stress as the root cause. Something like this happened last year, although it wasn't confined only to the evenings, and it happened at the end of two months of extreme stress and presumably high blood pressure. I am acting on this hypothesis, trying to reduce my stress where possible. (There has been a lot more anxiety than normal this year). The main mystery is why I should be urinating as normal during the day, but only dysfunctional in the evening.

P.S. Worth mentioning that I'm eating very well, nothing out of the ordinary, covering all the bases. And getting lots of sun too.

thomas00

The main mystery is why I should be urinating as normal during the day, but only dysfunctional in the evening.

Things are moving through the intestine at a certain point during the evening compared to the day.

The lying down at night might make it easier to happen too.

Starches are generally irritants. I understand how restrictive dieting can cause more stress though in some circumstances.

If you are hypothyroid then taking thyroid will be the key. The intestine becomes really sensitive from chronic stress.

Have you taken cypro? It's very good for intestinal bother.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Problem seems to have finally resolved, but I'm none the wiser. I'm urinating normally up until bedtime now, and my sleep has improved.

My stress levels have also dropped, so my best guess is that it was a weird bodily symptom of stress. I've found that my tolerance to stress is gradually decreasing (I'm now 32), and that the harmful effects are more apparent, and occur more immediately after an episode of high stress.

yerrag

Glad it worked out. In the latest interview with Patrick Timpone, Ray talked about mental stress, from fear in thst instance, causing high production of cortisol which would cause the thymus to shrink. This affects immunity.

Perhaps downstream it would affect also your urination patterns.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Problem has returned. Basically didn't pee at all during the evening and only little during the night. Spoke to doctor who didn't sound concerned. She said if it was an enlarged prostate, the issue would be more consistent, and wouldn't wax and wane in the space of a day. Seems about right. I wonder if it could be connected to my varicocele. It also does seem to occur with gas and bloating which I can't easily release, so it could be trapped gas causing obstruction. I don't know. I'm tempted to do a fast for a few days, or at least avoid all potential irritants including starch.

K

Kratos

Tomato sauce and spices do this to me, i will be getting up every hour to urinate.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE:

I think I may have psychogenic urinary retention. It comes closest to describing my case: "unable to pass urine voluntarily, however without any discomfort and no urge to pass urine". I mean, that's me to a T, at least some of the time: obviously I am typically passing urine normally at certain times of the day.

When urinary retention is caused by an enlarged prostate - which it almost always is - the experience is very different. You don't lose the urge to urinate, but when you try to pee, you can only dribble because of the obstruction. If the prostate is really badly enlarged you'll be dying to pee but nothing will come out. Then you need a catheter, as a matter of emergency.

I have developed a lot of anxiety about urination, particularly about the possibility of acute retention requiring hospitalisation. I notice that when I go to pee there is often a lot of tension around my abdomen: it's like I'm willing myself on to urinate, which just creates more pressure around it.

Prostate enlargement just seems unlikely now. I'm only 32, after all, and there is no pain whatsoever. Psychogenic bladder is rare, but when I started reading about it, it ticked all the boxes in terms of describing what's going on with me.

On this basis, all I can do is try to accept this and relax, not putting too much pressure on myself. The very best I could do would be to find a distraction. I'm going to take a Diazepam today to calm the nerves a bit. Will report back if this suspicion can be confirmed.

Wilfrid

Various hormones have implications on vasopressin activity and/or production.
Besides measuring vasopressin itself, and in order to get a clearer picture of what’s going on, knowing the value of the following hormones can help tremendously:
• Aldosterone
• Oxytocin
• Testosterone
• Estradiol
• Progesterone
• Thyroid hormones

Wilfrid

You said that you thought you were hypothyroid so keep in mind, as well, that circulating TSH shows a normal circadian rhythm: i.e with a peak between 11 pm and 5 am and a nadir between 5 pm and 8 pm and that elevated TSH is almost always associated with elevated cortisol.

OP
M

metabolizm

@Wilfrid thank you.

It's still a mystery to me, but it seems worse when my varicocele is worse, and when my abdominal bloating is worse. They all seem to go together, but the causal relationship is confusing to me. For example, yesterday I didn't have the problem at all, but today it's really bad again. I did not sleep well last night, so it could be that sleep deprivation is behind it all. I'm just trying to cover all the bases: sleep well, eat well, and don't do anything that worsens varicocele (eg. straining), and keep stress low. At least I have the odd good day, like yesterday.