Need To Urinate Preventing Deep Sleep

S.Seneff

I re-check and find a greater value : "300g of Oxtail contains 4.8g of Glycine." According to Simply Eating Oxtails - Enough Glycine?

And I also find that :
Skin is the worst source of collagen. Skin has a high tissue turnover and contains lots of toxins. Skin contains small hair, which has indigestable keratin which is very irritating to the intestine. Pig and chicken skin has high high levels of pufa. Skin has high levels of oxidized cholesterol.

The best source of collagen is beef tendons. High levels of collagen, low tissue turnover low toxins high levels of mead acid but difficult to find in my area.

Second best source is rumen / stomach. High level of collagen, no hair/keratin, low fat, no pufa. A little bit smelly but takes up other flavours easily.
The Problem With Oxtail

There is many other usefull info on those two threads.

Anyway, that's why it's tempting to buy 500g of glycine powder. And the taste is sweet, so it must be good !

LUH 3417

I tried 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda before bed. The first night it worked ok, I still got up 2x. The second night it worked really well, I slept from 11pm-5am. I can’t remember the last time I slept that long without waking up to pee.

yerrag

I prefer tendons. Free from endotoxins that's plentiful in skin, and free from heavy metal contamination from bone marrow.

GelatinGoblin

I prefer tendons. Free from endotoxins that's plentiful in skin, and free from heavy metal contamination from bone marrow.

Getting mixed messages about eating skin and bone marrow in the RP community, what's the denouement people got after a while on this forum and reading Ray Peats' articles? I'll read up on it myself but if you already have come to your own conclusions about this it'd be helpful if you share your knowledge, many thanks!

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: I think the origin of the problem was gut irritation. I've been eating cautiously (almost no starch), the inflammation in my intestine has gone down, and I seem to be peeing more during the day. Ray mentioned that inflamed intestine can affect the prostate (which affects urinary flow). Will see if improvements continue.

yerrag

Getting mixed messages about eating skin and bone marrow in the RP community, what's the denouement people got after a while on this forum and reading Ray Peats' articles? I'll read up on it myself but if you already have come to your own conclusions about this it'd be helpful if you share your knowledge, many thanks!
Ray is picky about contaminants on vitamin C but he isn't always picky. With gelatin, I get the impression he isn't. He recommends gelatin powder, such as from Great Lakes. I personally just don't trust the industrial conversion of hides and by-products of beef production into gelatin powder. And having suffered through and recovered from mercury toxicity, I don't want to expose myself to heavy metals in bone marrow.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: bad again this evening. Had too much coffee today, and also wasn't quite as strict with food. I do feel a bit bloated again and am unable to pee (and have no urge to do so, despite having some drinks). Most likely I'll be up all night peeing again - come about 2am. It's so weird. Tomorrow I'll maybe just have one weak coffee and avoid starch altogether.

OP
M

metabolizm

I'm starting to reconsider the possibility that it's nothing to do with the prostate.

I urinated several times during the night last night, and all through today I urinated copiously (perhaps too much). Then, around 5pm, the urge to pee just kind of disappears. Even if I drink things it doesn't make me need to pee. I'm almost afraid to drink in case I end up with a full bladder that I can't evacuate. It's as if the ADH is switched off at the wrong time. I don't know if this is possible. Does anyone have experience of this?

I can find nothing about this online, which makes me think it's not a real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jing

I use to wake up 3-4 times a night to pee, I've been taking tamulosin and alpha blocker for two months now and I only wake up 1 time a night now occasionally two times, nothing else helped apart from this.

OP
M

metabolizm

I use to wake up 3-4 times a night to pee, I've been taking tamulosin and alpha blocker for two months now and I only wake up 1 time a night now occasionally two times, nothing else helped apart from this.

Did you also notice times during the day where you were barely peeing at all, despite drinking?

Jing

Did you also notice times during the day where you were barely peeing at all, despite drinking?
Yh , it's random for me tbh some days I could be peeing all day without drinking much but one day I could drink loads and hardly pee.

OP
M

metabolizm

Yh , it's random for me tbh some days I could be peeing all day without drinking much but one day I could drink loads and hardly pee.

Do you think it was connected to prostate inflammation in your case?

Jing

Do you think it was connected to prostate inflammation in your case?
I don't have prostate inflammation my prostate is fine, I've just been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis which could mean anything tbh it's what doctors and urologists will say if they don't know.

Malris

I found a thread here a while back where @haidut mentioned that pregnenolone at bedtime can help nocturea. I've been taking a preg-dhea combo, 5mg of each at bedtime transdermally. It's done the trick for me.

Cypro and progesterone both helped, too, individually and/or combined. But both of those had me waking up feeling like someone had hit me with a brick. I felt tired, groggy, and like I didn't want to get out of bed. About two weeks in, the pregnenolone + dhea has helped me sleep about 7-8 hours without needing to get up and pee. Used to be 3-4+ times a night.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: I'm about 90% sure it is some kind of prostate inflammation/enlargement that is causing this. It seems to be at its worst in the evening, which makes sense, I suppose. During the night, when I'm deeply relaxed, and early in the morning, the prostate is no longer enlarged. If I lie down and a lot and apply heat to the area in the evening, I've found, it's not as bad. So I'll have to directly target the enlarged prostate for now. Ray suggested that coffee can help remove excess water before sleep, so I'm going to keep that in mind too. @Malris thanks for the suggestions. I'm seriously considering both cypro and pregnenolone for the first time. EDIT: I have now ordered some cyproheptadine, so I'm looking forward to seeing what effect that has.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

metabolizm

I found a thread here a while back where @haidut mentioned that pregnenolone at bedtime can help nocturea. I've been taking a preg-dhea combo, 5mg of each at bedtime transdermally. It's done the trick for me.

Cypro and progesterone both helped, too, individually and/or combined. But both of those had me waking up feeling like someone had hit me with a brick. I felt tired, groggy, and like I didn't want to get out of bed. About two weeks in, the pregnenolone + dhea has helped me sleep about 7-8 hours without needing to get up and pee. Used to be 3-4+ times a night.

Have you noticed any other benefits from the preg, other than improved sleep?

Malris

Have you noticed any other benefits from the preg, other than improved sleep?
A bit, but not a lot. I seem to get increased libido, sometimes with an involuntary very firm erection, about 20-30 minutes after applying the preg-DHEA combo to my skin. (I generally put it onto my forearms.) I am perhaps more patient with the kids if they wake me up during the night. I definitely sleep better, and don't need to get up for the bathroom more than once a night, often not at all. I tried taking 30mg of pregnenolone via an oral pill, but after a few days I started waking up again, so I went back to the topical 5mg.

I've been peating for 3.5 years, though mostly not avoiding starches. I don't take a lot of supplements right now - B vitamins and a small amount of DHEA + progesterone in the morning, a bit of DHEA + pregnenolone with a 325mg aspirin at night. The addition of the preg at night made the difference in sleep, which has been the last thing that was bothering me (other than being overweight.) My waking temps have been about 98.0-98.3 or so for about a year now, with daytime temps of about 99.1. Heart rate is still a bit low, at 73-75 or so most of the time, so I'd like to get that up. My o2 sat is also a bit high, at 97, so I'm not upping my metabolism enough to lower that.

The pregnenolone hasn't made any change in temps, heart rate, or o2 sat, just sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals