Need To Reverse Anti-serotonin Effects Of Ketotifen And Cyproheptadine

Morningbell

I have been experimenting with the 2 drugs the last 10 days or so and I like both drugs a lot. Ketotifen has given me some great results with my chronically troublesome stomach (IBS issues) and cyproheptadine is unusual in that it's maybe the only thing I have taken (lot of stuff) that allows me to shut my mind down, or put it to rest.

The problem is I have severe chronic insomnia (multiple sleep studies) and I long suspected LOW serotonin (for many reasons)..... well I discovered more of Peat's stuff and I actually considered that I have it all wrong and that I want to lower serotonin, so I began taking ketotifen in the morning and cypro about 3 hours before bed.

I stay in bed much longer but it's the lightest sleep I have ever experienced. I am in a strange mixed state where I am dreaming and aware I am dreaming while also thinking about a noise I actually just heard in the room, or something I forgot to do during the day. I would classify it as a pre-sleep stage or a transition. It's been a characteristic of my sleep the last year or so.

I found a way to negate a 5-6 hour chunk of it (and likely sleep well) and actually feel like a real human.... by taking 25mg of Trazodone + 25mg of benadryl. I stopped after about a month because I'm unsure of the long-term effects with this combo. I stopped cypro yesterday and went back to my traz+benadryl but I'm still getting the nasty unrestful super light sleep that was exacerbated one or both of the drugs (keto and cypro)

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to reverse this effect? It's like I can not initiate real meaningful sleep at all.

paymanz

I just know ketotifen's anti serotonin action is really weak and negligible.

OP
M

Morningbell

I'd love to stay on Ketotifen, but cypro might be out of the question. I'm trying to reverse the damage I did though. Trying black seed oil.

paymanz

I cant do cypro for long time too.it lowers my motivation. But i think its dopamin antagonjst effects that cause it.

Keto is cool drug for me.

Diphenhydramin is good too.

Sometimes i get amazing good effects from black seed oil. 10 to 20 drops doses. 1-2 time a day.

InChristAlone

I have been on cypro for 9 months and I know about this light sleep stuff. It can be really annoying. But it doesn't happen every night for me. Have you tried playing with the dose? Or maybe try niacinamide along with it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals