need to reset sleep!

troubledtimes

my sleep is backwards this happens 10 times a year where i wake up at 5pm the whole day is over and i go to bed at 9 in the morning! i have a delayed sleep pattern where i usually go to bed 20 minutes later than the previous night. i just bought a 10 000 lux light therapy lamp. ive tried to use it up waking up it hasent made me sleep earlier though. ive tried to power through the whole day without sleep to reset it naturally and drink coffee to keep me up but it never works i drop and go to sleep. anyone have ideas?

rr1

In my opinion the more important part is to stop this from happening at all. Set some strict rules, like turning off all electronic devices 1 hour before your planned sleep time every night. Have some sort of nightly routine and make sure you do it every night.

Just one example of what it could look like:

7pm eat your last meal
7:30pm go for a walk/read a book/watch movie/spend time with family or friends
9:00pm take a bath
(no more screen-time from now)
9:30pm do some stretching/mobility work/massage/take supps and some light music
10:00pm go to bed and fall asleep

In regards to fixing your sleep schedule, this is from reddit and something a friend of mine was successful with:

Stop eating. Right now. Fast until the time when you want to wake up, say, 7am. Go to sleep whenever you want but force yourself to wake up at 7am.

At 7am go to a window where you can see the sun and look at it (not directly! but get the sun in your field of vision). Then eat a complete, healthy breakfast.

You can survive 3 weeks without eating so it won't do you any permanent damage to fast until 7am.

Your circadian rhythm is mostly affected by two things:

1.) Sunlight

2.) Meal timings

Even ancient roman philosophers (I'm thinking of Epictetus the Stoic) said that one must first control his eating habits, and then he must control his sleeping habits, (then he controls his sexual desires!)

I have found it relatively easy to force myself to eat once at 7am, and not at all after dinner time. It's easier to change your eating habits than your sleeping habits. Once you change your eating habits your sleeping habits become much easier to change as well.

Also consider if you are getting enough exercise.

TL;DR Don't try to stay up all night. Stop eating right now and fast until your target wake-up time. Eat a large healthy breakfast and get some sunlight in your retina at that time. Repeat until sleep schedule has been fixed, it will take only** 1 or 2 days.**

Attakai

Yep I have had the same problem my entire life. I would thrive if days were 28 hours long.
The only solution I have found in recent years is a couple times a week I drink alcohol until I pass out out early 8-9ish and boom I wake up 4-6 AM the next day.
Not the healthiest solution but it's the only thing that works for me

Nomane Euger

my sleep is backwards this happens 10 times a year where i wake up at 5pm the whole day is over and i go to bed at 9 in the morning! i have a delayed sleep pattern where i usually go to bed 20 minutes later than the previous night. i just bought a 10 000 lux light therapy lamp. ive tried to use it up waking up it hasent made me sleep earlier though. ive tried to power through the whole day without sleep to reset it naturally and drink coffee to keep me up but it never works i drop and go to sleep. anyone have ideas?
from my experience,sun exposure management is the most important along with B vitamins,so ensure that first light you see in the morning is outside light,dont stay in the dark all day long,take the sun if possible,do not eat things that are hard to digest just before bed,when the sunset,wear blublocking glasses from the BLUBLOX brand,only ones that i have tested that are effective,do not use social medias specifically if they keep you wire and exited like if you talk with girls,dont play exiting video games,watch something chill where you can be very passive,stay in the dark or use an ambiane light,BLUBLOX again does produce a fully redlight light device.and do not go to sleep until you feel tired,when you do feel tired,like when you was a child,go to bed,best night of your life,also cover your body from light exposure not only your eyes.This summer i has done tons of experiments,and took notes,i even slept from 11pm to 3AM,wake up,and not sleep again,i went from11PM to 3AM,wake up,listen some podcasts,sleep back at 7AM,sleep from 1OPM to 8PM,experienced everything,the best nights i have so far,dreaming quality,regenerated,no awakening,those days,i was getting plenty of b vitamins as liver,heart,i was walking alot,going out as soon as the sunrised,spending a lot of times in short,so bust naked,doing street work out,some bike,eating my last meal generally between 4 and half pm and 6PM,and wearing clothes and blublocking glasses after sunset,redlamp,and watching something chill,then i would literally fall as sleep while watching the thing,realised that i falled a sleep,jump in my bef and fall as sleep in less than 5 minutes