Need to heal my gut but can’t handle amino acids - now what?

bavy

Collagen, gelatin, bone broth, gummies, taurine, even carnosine all go right through me.

Has anyone healed this? What can be done in your experience?

Ben.

If i remember correctly there was haidut and someone else (amazoniac?) discussing the short term usefullness of Essential Amino acids being supplemented when protein assimilation is severly impaired from food.

Maybe you want to look into that.

tankasnowgod

Collagen, gelatin, bone broth, gummies, taurine, even carnosine all go right through me.

Has anyone healed this? What can be done in your experience?
The first four aren't "amino acids," they are protein. At least, they aren't individual amino acids. And considering they all attract water, maybe that's the issue.

What dose Taurine? It's known to stimulate bile acids. And technically, it's not an Amino Acid.

And people generally don't supplement carnosine. It's incredibly expensive, and you can get the same effects for cheaper by using Beta Alanine. It combines with histidine to make carnosine in the body, on there is usually plenty of excess histidine in the body. And, being that carnosine is also a combination of Amino Acids, it's not an isolated Amino Acid, either.

You went 0 for 6 in supporting the title of your own post.

chompie

Have you tried juicing a potato and scrambling the juice like a scrambled egg? This provides high quality protein and most people can handle this as a step back into amino acids

OP
B

bavy

Yes
The first four aren't "amino acids," they are protein. At least, they aren't individual amino acids. And considering they all attract water, maybe that's the issue.

What dose Taurine? It's known to stimulate bile acids. And technically, it's not an Amino Acid.

And people generally don't supplement carnosine. It's incredibly expensive, and you can get the same effects for cheaper by using Beta Alanine. It combines with histidine to make carnosine in the body, on there is usually plenty of excess histidine in the body. And, being that carnosine is also a combination of Amino Acids, it's not an isolated Amino Acid, either.

You went 0 for 6 in supporting the title of your own post.
Yes, excuse my ignorance for I dont understand as much as I should? But I think my base question is understood. Why can I not handle these types of protein?

As soon as I posted I realized these probably aren’t “technically” amino acids - but they are similar compounds and they ALL give me raging diarrhea.

OP
B

bavy

If i remember correctly there was haidut and someone else (amazoniac?) discussing the short term usefullness of Essential Amino acids being supplemented when protein assimilation is severly impaired from food.
Maybe you want to look into that.
Thank you!

OP
B

bavy

Have you tried juicing a potato and scrambling the juice like a scrambled egg? This provides high quality protein and most people can handle this as a step back into amino acids
Okay sk going slow and eventually I can handle this?
i have never heard of this

tankasnowgod

Yes

Yes, excuse my ignorance for I dont understand as much as I should? But I think my base question is understood. Why can I not handle these types of protein?

As soon as I posted I realized these probably aren’t “technically” amino acids - but they are similar compounds and they ALL give me raging diarrhea.

Well, all 4 Gelatin proteins attract water, so that could easily be the mechanism there.

Taurine, as stated, increases bile acids, so that could be the mechanism there. High doses have done that to me in the past.

And Carnosine..... are you sure it's Carnosine? Maybe Carnitine? I found Carnitine gut irritating in the past, when I tried it. But, it's not recommended by Peat, and I haven't used it in years.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals