Need support in weaning off sleeping pills.

Sam321

Hey gang. I got on sleeping pills after I had a crazy bout with insomnia described in the link below.

I ended up getting on propanolol to beat back that tachycardia and 3mg of lunesta to get some sleep.

I managed to get off propranolol fine, but I'm nervous to get off lunesta as sleep interruption might send me back to square one with the insomnia hell ride.

Ive been on lunesta for about 3-4 weeks now and its seriously messing with my mood (serious bouts of depressions until the pill wears off and nightmares); Id really like to get back to my normal sleeping rhythms.

Does anyone have success stories or methods of weaning off sleeping pills with as little pain as possible?

Perry Staltic

Why not start progressively cutting your doses in half (or whatever) and slowly wean off that way?

gaze

because of your history with adrenaline and heart issues, if you do T3 id start with even less than that and do 1mcg doses. a mcg scale would probably be needed and you'd have to cut each tablet. The main t3 recommended by peat is cynomel which can be bought at farmaciasdelnino.mx

If you do go down that route though you should read more about what ray writes about cynoplus and cynomel, how to dose it, etc. I wouldn;t go into it blind because it can have pretty drastic effects. If you could fix the thyroid you can basically get off any drug and it should help you sleep. If you start with too high a t3 dose though it will feel horrible though, so start really small.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

because of your history with adrenaline and heart issues, if you do T3 id start with even less than that and do 1mcg doses. a mcg scale would probably be needed and you'd have to cut each tablet. The main t3 recommended by peat is cynomel which can be bought at farmaciasdelnino.mx

If you do go down that route though you should read more about what ray writes about cynoplus and cynomel, how to dose it, etc. I wouldn;t go into it blind because it can have pretty drastic effects. If you could fix the thyroid you can basically get off any drug and it should help you sleep. If you start with too high a t3 dose though it will feel horrible though, so start really small.
Do you think that t3 would lower adrenaline and heart rate or maybe demand more nutrients?

Razvan

Do you think that t3 would lower adrenaline and heart rate or maybe demand more nutrients?
T3 it's calming before bed if you keep it under 4mcg,it's not stimulating how people think. T4 it's much more stimulating.
T3 if you need it can work better than sleeping pills,you will just wake up and you will not remember when you fell asleep.
Maybe you have very low gaba signaling aswell. So gaba agonistic substances can help.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

T3 it's calming before bed if you keep it under 4mcg,it's not stimulating how people think. T4 it's much more stimulating.
T3 if you need it can work better than sleeping pills,you will just wake up and you will not remember when you fell asleep.
Maybe you have very low gaba signaling aswell. So gaba agonistic substances can help.
Thanks bro

Razvan

Thanks bro
Yes ,knowing for experience, after dealing with some xanax during partying last summer,i developed withdrawal from it and i couldn't fall asleep after stopping it. Xanax does upregulate GABA receptors.
So before trying T3 you should improve your GABA receptors. Do you sleep better if you drink some alcohol?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Yes ,knowing for experience, after dealing with some xanax during partying last summer,i developed withdrawal from it and i couldn't fall asleep after stopping it. Xanax does upregulate GABA receptors.
So before trying T3 you should improve your GABA receptors. Do you sleep better if you drink some alcohol?
Woah xanax withdrawals after 1 xanax?

I don't drink alcohol.
How do you improve gaba?

rei

high dose progesterone should help sleeping and restoring normal function during sleep. Should not be needed for a long time.

Razvan

Woah xanax withdrawals after 1 xanax?

I don't drink alcohol.
How do you improve gaba?
3 Xanax from partying.Xanax is strong can upregulate gaba receptors very badly and i couldn't sleep.
GABA agonists.
L-theanine at the moment helped me.

Clonidine might be helpful in your situation as it lowers adrenaline. I has been use to help withdrawl from several substances including benzos.

Clonidine may be used to ease drug withdrawal symptoms associated with abruptly stopping the long-term use of opioids, alcohol, benzodiazepines and nicotine (smoking).[25] It can alleviate opioid withdrawal symptoms by reducing the sympathetic nervous system response such as tachycardia and hypertension, as well as reducing sweating, hot and cold flashes, and general restlessness.[26] It may also be helpful in aiding smokers to quit.[27] The sedation effect is also useful. However, its side effects can include insomnia, thus exacerbating an already common feature of opioid withdrawal.[28] Clonidine may also reduce severity of neonatal abstinence syndrome in infants born to mothers that are using certain drugs, particularly opioids.[29] In infants with neonatal withdrawal syndrome, clonidine may improve the neonatal intensive care unit Network Neurobehavioral Score.[30]

Clonidine has also been suggested as a treatment for rare instances of dexmedetomidine withdrawal.[31]

Probably good to start Clonidine at 25mcg morning and night. If it clonidine at night isn't enough to help with your insomnia, you could also add progesterone (starting low at first).

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Clonidine might be helpful in your situation as it lowers adrenaline. I has been use to help withdrawl from several substances including benzos.

Probably good to start Clonidine at 25mcg morning and night. If it clonidine at night isn't enough to help with your insomnia, you could also add progesterone (starting low at first).
Thanks ill look into that

Back
Top Bottom