Need Some Help Guys Regarding Starting NDT

Josh

Need some serious help guys..

Been debating NDT for ages now. I'm 19 and my main issue is dry skin. So i've had eczema since a young age but it went for probably over 8 years and i had the typical greasy skin etc on face.
Now i've just got constant dry skin on my face and hands and everything.. MY health isnt in the best of condition, very bad sleep,.. Fatigue all the time which feels due to sleep but who knows..and some other things..

I had some blood tests recently and tsh came back like 1.25.. I'm about to try my temps over the next week now.

What scares me with NDT is the suppresion of natural hormone.. has Anyone ever had an experience where it didnt come back? Is this 100% the case?

Do you guys think NDT would be good for me?

OP
J

Josh

I also could go into a LOT of detail about my history etc but i would be here all day.

Pointless

A TSH of 1.25 is not that bad but not totally optimal either. Take your resting pulse as well. Optimum is 80-100 bpm. Peat has said that thyroid production bounces back after a few days if there's suppression. Also, suppression is not bad if you have good thyroid levels because TSH is naturally inflammatory.

All in all, don't expect sudden miracles with thyroid, but I don't think that a small dose of 1/4 to 1/2 grain is a bad idea.

OP
J

Josh

A TSH of 1.25 is not that bad but not totally optimal either. Take your resting pulse as well. Optimum is 80-100 bpm. Peat has said that thyroid production bounces back after a few days if there's suppression. Also, suppression is not bad if you have good thyroid levels because TSH is naturally inflammatory.

All in all, don't expect sudden miracles with thyroid, but I don't think that a small dose of 1/4 to 1/2 grain is a bad idea.
Thanks a lot, This week im going to take my temps and pulse and then go from there. Whats your opinion on the dry skin flakey skin and if ndt would work for it?

Pointless

I want to say that low PUFA, dietary saturated fat, and vitamin E will keep skin hydrated, but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
J

Josh

I want to say that low PUFA, dietary saturated fat, and vitamin E will keep skin hydrated, but I'm not 100% sure.
ive been doing that minus the vitamin e for a year and half now, bare in mind i have had eczema since a young age but skin has never been this dry EVER. So wondering if its something as well as the eczema /..

OP
J

Josh

found out my free t4 levels are 18.8 in the uk so dont know the range or what ever

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals