Need some assistance with calories.

Bladezz

Hi guys. I'd like to improve my diet. I consume alot of grains usually Cinnamon toast crunch in the morning. Bread etc. I was wondering what I can replace grains with so I keep my high calories.

I had a hard time sleeping last night and what helped was bacon, bread and roast beef and potato chips i guess I was undereating. How do you guys get lots of calories and salt etc.

I have a fish allergy anaphylaxis so I can't get oysters or shrimp :(

Thanks for the help

B

Blaze

Hi guys. I'd like to improve my diet. I consume alot of grains usually Cinnamon toast crunch in the morning. Bread etc. I was wondering what I can replace grains with so I keep my high calories.

I had a hard time sleeping last night and what helped was bacon, bread and roast beef and potato chips i guess I was undereating. How do you guys get lots of calories and salt etc.

I have a fish allergy anaphylaxis so I can't get oysters or shrimp :(

Thanks for the help
I think you will find mostly a collective judgment / solidarity of opinion here that the dietary approach on this forum favors almost non of the above things you mentioned. So let's begin with some basics:

No seed oils / Pufa's - they inhibit cellular respiration and metabolism and inflame the gut and the body
No grain based or starchy products - they inflame the gut and the size of the grain or starch particles are larger than the red blood cells and can block capillary circulation until the body finally manages to dissolve them
Many of our vegetables are poisonous to your organism unless you cook the heck out of them to eliminate the majority of the toxins plants use to protect themselves. (The viewpoint is- "plants don't like to be eaten and can't run away so they discourage predators with plant toxins")
Liberal sugar use is strongly encouraged from a variety of sources with fruit being the most preferred sugar source of all and fruits also contain a large amount of potassium which can function in the place of insulin in the body.
Lowfat milk and cheese and even Ice Cream are also very strongly recommended
Grass fed Red meat is the most recommended as it contains the least amount of Pufa
Liberal use of salt favored
Saturated fats only like Butter , coconut oil , and beef tallow are what's good for you instead of using the seed oils.
Cutting calories not generally focused upon........raising metabolism is the focus. A bioenergetic philosophy that basically believes that with impaired energy production we have much more disease. That, many, if not all disease processes have their roots in metabolic disfunction. Restoring proper energy-restores health.
And OJ OJ OJ...did I mention OJ?

Many of us came to the Peat thing either because of suffering from existing health issues or after nearly destroying our health experimenting with other extreme diets. Learning the hard way.

So, of all the things you mentioned the roast beef was the only real ok thing unless you used milk with that cereal, in which case the milk was also ok. Even the bacon was full of Pufa's unless it came from a wild pig eating their ancestral diet. You can have a huge variety of great food on the Peat style diet. Just not many of the things you mentioned. All of this was done very quickly off the top of my head so perhaps others here will take a moment to correct anything I wrote that might be incorrect. Please feel free to add to this. I did my best to quickly sum it all up. But criticism is always certainly welcome and is a great help. If an idea cannot stand up to a challenge, it has no basis and needs to be eliminated.

Food for thought, pardon the pun .....hope all this helps you as you try to decide what dietary approach to take. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vins7

I think you will find mostly a collective judgment / solidarity of opinion here that the dietary approach on this forum favors almost non of the above things you mentioned. So let's begin with some basics...........................

No seed oils / Pufa's - they inhibit cellular respiration and metabolism and inflame the gut and the body
No grain based or starchy products - they inflame the gut and the size of the grain or starch particles are larger than the red blood cells and can block capillary circulation until the body finally manages to dissolve them
Many of our vegetables are poisonous to your organism unless you cook the heck out of them to eliminate the majority of the toxins plants use to protect themselves. (The viewpoint is- "plants don't like to be eaten and can't run away so they discourage predators with plant toxins")
Liberal sugar use is strongly encouraged from a variety of sources with fruit being the most preferred sugar source of all and fruits also contain a large amount of potassium which can function in the place of insulin in the body.
Grass fed Red meat is the most recommended as it contains the least amount of Pufa
Saturated fats only like Butter , coconut oil , and beef tallow are what's good for you instead of using the seed oils.
Cutting calories not generally focused upon........raising metabolism is the focus. A bioenergetic philosophy that basically believes that with impaired energy production we have much more disease. That, many, if not all disease processes have their roots in metabolic disfunction. Restoring proper energy-restores health.

Many of us came to the Peat thing either because of suffering from existing health issues or after nearly destroying our health experimenting with other extreme diets. Learning the hard way.

So, of all the things you mentioned the roast beef was the only real ok thing unless you used milk with that cereal, in which case the milk was also ok. Even the bacon was full of Pufa's unless it came from a wild pig eating their ancestral diet. You can have a huge variety of great food on the Peat style diet. Just not many of the things you mentioned. All of this was done very quickly off the top of my head so perhaps others here will take a moment to correct anything I wrote that might be incorrect. Please feel free to add to this. I did my best to quickly sum it all up. But criticism is always certainly welcome and is a great help. If an idea cannot stand up to a challenge, it has no basis and needs to be eliminated.

Food for thought, pardon the pun .....hope all this helps you as you try to decide what dietary approach to take. Good luck.
Why low fat milk and cheeses if then he recommends butter? I never understand It, what is the difference between the and fat milk?

B

Blaze

Why low fat milk and cheeses if then he recommends butter? I never understand It, what is the difference between the and fat milk?
To be clear, I was not including cheese as being lowfat in my "lowfat milk and cheese" statement as I have never heard Peat say anything about lowfat cheese. I strive to accurately quote people and have only heard him mention lowfat milk and the benefits of low fat diets.

Yes, it was confusing in the beginning for me that Peat teachings have such a huge focus on the benefits of saturated fat when he seems to somewhat eschew fat personally and favor a semi-low fat diet. He even goes as far to say that in some studies , many cancers have sometimes disappeared with a diet lacking fat. I don't want to put words in Ray's mouth but ---The simple explanation, of course , is that he is simply inferring if you must have fat in your diet , the least detrimental and only beneficial fats are the saturated ones. The lesson to be drawn, I surmise, is to vigorously avoid the seed oils and get your fats from coconut oil ,meat,butter etc..... though, from what I can determine he is never endorsing that anyone to eat a high fat diet.

meatbag

1% or skim milk with sugar and instant coffee. You can add salt to the sugar-milk at night to help with sleep

OP
B

Bladezz

I think you will find mostly a collective judgment / solidarity of opinion here that the dietary approach on this forum favors almost non of the above things you mentioned. So let's begin with some basics:

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. Yes the lovely oj. I just feel it doesn't make me feel full like starches and grains do. Doesn't oj all day get dull?

B

Blaze

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. Yes the lovely oj. I just feel it doesn't make me feel full like starches and grains do. Doesn't oj all day get dull?
You're welcome. I don't do OJ all day long even though it is a staple of the Peat diet and a great thing to incorporate if you like OJ. I get a little bored with OJ also but the benefits of OJ are huge , so bored or not I try to get a good amount daily. At least 2-3 glasses. Using the brand Simply Orange. Sometimes I'll skip the Simply Orange for a few days and use Simply Lemonade. The lemonade will not have anything close to the benefits of OJ. I just like it. As to your comment on OJ not making you feel full, None of the non starch sugars make me feel full like rice or grains do. The simple sugars digest lightning quick........... way too quickly to give you that full feeling.