Need hjelp with understanding my blood tests.

Trude

5 August :
tsh 4.2 ( 0,35- 4.90)
Free t4 11 ( 9-19)
Free t3 5.8 (2.4-6.0)
Tpo 17 (<25)

23 november
Tsh 1.84 (0,35-4.90)
Free t4 11.9 (9-19)
Free t3 4.5 (2.4-6.0)
Tpo 33 (<25)

3 desember
Tsh 0.02 (0.35-4.90)
Free t4 15.5 (9-19)
Free t3 7.2 (2.4-6.0)
Tpo 97 ( <25)

What does it mean when my tsh has gone so low and free t3 and free t4 has gone up? I see my tpo has gone up every time to. A year ago is was high, then went under 25 but now going up again.

I have had alot of pounding heart and nausea that have stressed me out alot.

CLASH

Is "TPO" TPO autoantibodies test?

Your TSH seems to have dropped because your T3 is above range and your T4 is in the upper end of the range. If the TPO autoantibody is high, this may indicate an autoimmune hyperthyroid situation.

Keep in mind this isnt medical advice, just an observation by a stranger.

OP
T

Trude

Is "TPO" TPO autoantibodies test?

Your TSH seems to have dropped because your T3 is above range and your T4 is in the upper end of the range. If the TPO autoantibody is high, this may indicate an autoimmune hyperthyroid situation.

Keep in mind this isnt medical advice, just an observation by a stranger.
Thanks, just trying to understand a bit more.
Tpo is the autoantobodies test yes.

CLASH

@Trude

No worries.

Basically, what I can see, based on your labs is your autoantibodies are high, with a high T3, and a top of the range T4. This would indicate to me an autoimmune hyperythyroidism.

Essentially, from my point of view something has your immune system producing antibodies against the enzyme (TPO) that converts iodide to iodine so that it can be used to create thyroid hormone.

Did you change anything in your diet from august to december?

(Again, this isnt medical advice or anything, just observation and opinion)

OP
T

Trude

@Trude

No worries.

Basically, what I can see, based on your labs is your autoantibodies are high, with a high T3, and a top of the range T4. This would indicate to me an autoimmune hyperythyroidism.

Essentially, from my point of view something has your immune system producing antibodies against the enzyme (TPO) that converts iodide to iodine so that it can be used to create thyroid hormone.

Did you change anything in your diet from august to december?

(Again, this isnt medical advice or anything, just observation and opinion)
From august to november i took 225mcg iodine every day, but only took it sometimes after that not that often. My doctor thought since i had a bit elevated tsh it chould be iodine deficiency since at that test i did not have tpo antibodies levels, but have had before that at other doctor.
I don't think i have changed diet vice much, somethimes starch and no juice, sometimes juice and no starch. But it mosly stay the same.

Im worried about having hyperythyroidism since the treatments its not very good for the thyroid.

I started peating around spring this year, but i don't do dairy. i hoped it would help more but im only feeling worse.

Can those number give me heart pounding and nausea?. But its worst after i eat.

CLASH

What are you doing so far as "peating" goes?

Its possible that hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms as you described. I would talk about the lab results and symptoms with your MD, if you want a diagnosis specifically.

S-VV

The way I see it, either there is hashimotos autoimmunity (anti-TPO) with a lot of tissue destruction and resultant spillover of T4 and T3 into general circulation, or there are additional autoantibodies that are stimulating to the thyroid gland, the prime suspect being the anti-(TSHR). I would bet on the latter

OP
T

Trude

What are you doing so far as "peating" goes?

Its possible that hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms as you described. I would talk about the lab results and symptoms with your MD, if you want a diagnosis specifically.
I eat low pufa. Lots of fruit. I don't do well with dairy so i eat some kind of meat to every meal. I guess it's not very peaty with the high phospures to low calsium.
I will be going back to the doctor next month for new blood test. Just don't like at the waiting and not nowing anything.

OP
T

Trude

The way I see it, either there is hashimotos autoimmunity (anti-TPO) with a lot of tissue destruction and resultant spillover of T4 and T3 into general circulation, or there are additional autoantibodies that are stimulating to the thyroid gland, the prime suspect being the anti-(TSHR). I would bet on the latter
I have never heard about anti tshr. Do you have a link of more informasjon about it?