Need Help With Lowering Estrogen Even More

Peata

It's the 2nd half of cycle and that's when things get a little rough, but I've been doing pretty well here lately. I thought I might be getting a handle on estrogen overall. However, today I woke up and noticed signs of estrogen dominance. I was getting hints yesterday that it was going up, including a 3# weight gain that I know isn't fat.

Here's what I'm doing on top of the Peaty diet:

-3 drops Progest-E, 5 x day
-carrot
-aspirin

But here's what's going on:

-breasts a little sore
-weight still up 3#
-felt puffy when I got up, and a slight bit achey
-bathroom visits in the night
-some oil and a little acne, but skin is overall holding its own for the last couple days
-underarm odor
-constipation
-gallbladder has been a little "active" off and on
-some anxiety

I'm at day 19 in cycle. Started noticing hints of hormone shift at day 11.

Aspirin helps with the breast pain.

All this is pretty mild compared to what it was before Peat, but it's there so I need some advice on what more to do.

Take more progesterone? Eat more carrot? (I haven't been making it into the salad lately, just eating it). Should I try DIM, even though it can lower thyroid? There must be something I've overlooked. Any thoughts appreciated.

repeat

If your like me, maybe calcium-d-glucarate would help you (see my thread).
Kind of non-invasive I think too.

messtafarian

You could try magnesium. I think calcium is a great idea but depending on your diet you might already get a lot. Also -- try an epsom salt bath; or get dead sea salts from the fancy schmancy store. :)

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks, both of you. Looking at a 7 day average on cronometer, I get 1,200 mg. calcium daily from diet and 190 mg. magnesium from diet, but I get a little extra from mag. oil.

OP
Peata

Peata

I remember a couple years ago, I was taking curcumin daily and that seemed to help things a little. I thought it was anti-inflammatory. I just know when all this estrogen stuff really hit hard a few years ago, my skin went to the dogs. I would get huge, terrible acne cysts on my face. Some of those cysts were like rocks under my skin. I remember one next to my eye that was especially terrible. I used turmeric on it topically and that actually helped draw it out into something that could be dealt with. Then I started taking curcumin. I would still get smallish ones, but they were never big and deep after using curcumin. Anyway, I don't have the big cysts anymore, but I thought I'd start taking some curcumin again just to see if helps some with some symptoms I do have, hoping it can help with inflammation and estrogen.

OP
Peata

Peata

I read conflicting things about curcumin and estrogen. Frustrating.

Repeat, I read Mittir's advice to you, and it can apply to me too. I have been having some trouble getting my protein to 80 g. lately. I manage it most days though. I'm just not always hungry enough or maybe I should change up what I'm eating a bit. But using Progest-E like I am, I'm sure my body needs more protein especially now.

HDD

Peata, these quotes from Menopause article might give you some insight.

"A deficiency of thyroid, vitamin A, and LDL-cholesterol can also prevent the synthesis of progesterone."

"Chronic constipation, and anxiety which decreases blood circulation in the intestine, can increase the liver's exposure to endotoxin. Endotoxin (like intense physical activity) causes the estrogen concentration of the blood to rise. Diets that speed intestinal peristalsis might be expected to postpone menopause. Penicillin treatment, probably by lowering endotoxin production, is known to decrease estrogen and cortisone, while increasing progesterone. The same effect can be achieved by eating raw carrots (especially with coconut oil/olive oil dressing) every day, to reduce the amount of bacterial toxins absorbed, and to help in the excretion of estrogen. Finally, long hours of daylight are known to increase progesterone production, and long hours of darkness are stressful. Annually, our total hours of day and night are the same regardless of latitude, but different ways of living, levels of artificial illumination, etc., have a strong influence on our hormones. In some animal experiments, prolonged exposure to light has delayed some aspects of aging."

"Minimizing estrogen (and cortisone) with optimal thyroid activity, and maximizing pregnenolone and progesterone to prevent excitotoxic cell fatigue, can be done easily. A diet low in iron and unsaturated fats protects the respiratory apparatus from the damaging effects of excessive excitation, and--since pregnenolone is formed in the mitochondrion--also helps to prevent the loss of these hormones."

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks, Diane. I'm increasing my progesterone intake. Taking a few drops every 3 hours. I just ate another carrot too.

J

j.

Plastic bottled water and other things bottled in plastic are estrogenic.

Bluebell

Not sure if this is helpful, but:

According to this document, there is a possibility that progest-e could convert to estrogen, "It is recommended that nearly
everyone should begin with the high dose directions for 10 days to avoid complications (as low thyroid, high estrogen situations require
a high initial dose to avoid progesterone reverting to estrogen). "

http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites/ ... ctions.pdf

Has your estrogen dominance got a bit worse again this cycle compared to the last one?

HDD

"But the simple chain of causality has many lines of feedback, exacerbating the problem, and the nutritional problem is usually worse than a simple protein deficiency. B vitamin deficiencies alone are enough to cause the liver's underactivity, and to cause estrogen dominance, and a simple vitamin A deficiency causes an inability to use protein efficiently or to make progesterone, and in itself mimics some of the effects of estrogen."

Another helpful quote.

Bluebell

This is another quote from that pdf:

"In women with cystic ovaries, progesterone in small doses can be converted to estrogen because the cyst is stuck in the follicular
phase. This causes spotting or sore breasts. If this happens with a small dose of progesterone, it's a sign of cystic ovaries. Increasing
the dosage of progesterone to 1/4 tsp. once and sometimes twice in one day is enough to reverse this situation. Thyroid
supplementation is usually necessary as well. "

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks, everyone. Very helpful.

I had to go somewhere yesterday evening, and I before I left, I had grapes & sugared, salted milk. I took 1/4 t. Progest-E since Bluebell posted about it. I felt very good all evening. I sipped Coke at the event. No anxiety, and I even felt like I'd lost that water weight (until we got home and I ate a lot).

I took another 1/4 t. Progest-E before bed.

I did wake up with slight breast tenderness but not like yesterday. I don't have any new pimples today. The ones that came up the last couple days are flattening out and going away. Transient, mild anxiety but I think that's more about thinking of what I have to get done today. I didn't feel puffy or achey when I got up. I did lose one of those 3#. No constipation.

Today I am going back to regular dose and see how I do.

OP
Peata

Peata

Had a bad day, skin-wise.

Otherwise, moods in good shape, fibrocystic breast ache almost completely controlled 24/7 w aspirin, but they still seem swollen pretty much all the time. Sleeping well. Temps and pulse usually very good, almost always nice and warm. Good energy.

A few days ago I'd finally managed to really lose the bloat and look and feel slimmer. Now it's back, probably because I overdid the calories a lot yesterday and I think had too many liquids or starch.

I hate to bug you all for more help, but if you can think of anything at all to help lower estrogen...

Here's what I can think of at the moment that I'm already doing/not doing.

-eating at least 1 carrot per day.
-Aspirin daily (helps breast pain)
-Progest-E. Probably 200 - 250 mg. day. (although I went down to 75 - 100 today because I'm planning to taper off since my period will be coming probably by week's end)
-Trying to keep protein at or above 80 g.
-Sugar 200 - 300 g.
-sodium 4000 mg day
-trying to keep calcium higher than phosphorus
-fat around 50 - 60 g.
-getting vit. e mainly through Progest-E but sometimes I supplement
-calcium avg. 1700 mg.
-using red light daily for about a week
-sleeping well
-no alcohol
-avoiding parabens
-getting mild exercise in form of gentle walking 3 or so x week, pushups
-low PUFA of course.

What more can I do or not do? All answers appreciated.

J

j.

I've already mentioned this, but just in case: are your water and soda from glass containers (so non-plastic)? The coconut oil from plastic could be bad if the container has a small amount, like 16 ounces. Coconut oil from bigger containers, I guess a gallon or so, don't have as much concentration of plastic.

Mittir

Vitamin D or sun light.
Bag breathing 1-2 minutes* 2-3 times a day supposed to do lots of wonderful thing.
KMUD interview on Altitude is very informative. After listening to this i feel like
relocating to some high altitude city. I believe RP once mentioned that
he went to Mexico to get benefit of high altitude.

OP
Peata

Peata

j. said:
I've already mentioned this, but just in case: are your water and soda from glass containers (so non-plastic)? The coconut oil from plastic could be bad if the container has a small amount, like 16 ounces. Coconut oil from bigger containers, I guess a gallon or so, don't have as much concentration of plastic.

I've cut back on plastic as much as I can. I'm much more conscious of avoiding it than I was. Thank you for the info on coconut oil and plastic.