Need Help With Lowering Estrogen Even More

OP
Peata

Peata

j. said:
Orange, guava, and I think honey are anti-estrogenic.

I had let the OJ part of Peat'g slip for a long time, but recently I'm drinking more again. Hope it makes a difference.

OP
Peata

Peata

Mittir said:
Vitamin D or sun light.
Bag breathing 2-3 minutes 2-3 times a day supposed to do lots of wonderful thing.
KMUD interview on Altitude is very informative. After listening to this i feel like
relocating to some high altitude city. I believe RP once mentioned that
he went to Mexico to get benefit of high altitude.

I average 480 iu per day of vitamin D. How much should I be getting?

I have let the bag breathing go by the wayside, so I'll start that again. Thank you.

kiran

Peata said:

I have let the bag breathing go by the wayside, so I'll start that again. Thank you.

How much sunlight do you get?

You should test your vit D level, but 5000 IU might not be a bad place to start, if you don't get out much.

OP
Peata

Peata

Haagendazendiane said:
Maybe increase your vitamin A?

I thought about that, especially since someone said the red light might increase requirements, but it looks like I get between 2500 - 4500 per day, and tons more once per week when I have liver. I had liver on Saturday and Monday, so I should have plenty lately besides the usual daily average.

OP
Peata

Peata

kiran said:
Peata said:

How much sunlight do you get?

You should test your vit D level, but 5000 IU might not be a bad place to start, if you don't get out much.

I don't get much sun at all. I started the summer making sure I sat outside for 10 - 20 min, but haven't kept it up. I'm usually indoors all day, outside some in the evening.

I used to supplement 2000 - 5000 iu almost daily, but that was before I started Peat.

I have been deficient in vit. D before, but haven't had it tested in a long time.

Will better Vitamin D levels help lower estrogen? I'll go back to taking it.

eta: I have 2000 iu pills in the cabinet, so I took one of those. I really don't think it will hurt me to be getting that extra D.

messtafarian

Just occurred to me that Peat's mentioned trying topical progesterone for wound healing, etc. Maybe try a touch of it on hormonal breakouts?

Oh - and something else, I made this yesterday:

Cane sugar and water enough to make simple syrup
coconut oil
SALT

Boil it all up at a rolling boil for a while, then stop the heat and add cream or half and half. Boil it some more until it's a creamy caramel color. Pour it off while it's still liquid onto greased parchment paper or anything you've prepped with coconut oil.

Mine boiled up to be too chewy to really be soft caramel so I put it in the freezer to make it into harder candy. I'm no candy technican or anything. But a couple of small hunks of that and I was suddenly HAPPY and I calmed down right away. It was better than xanax. And I like xanax a lot :)

OP
Peata

Peata

My skin looks and feels a little better today.

However, I woke up feeling very sluggish, bloated, a bit achey. The sluggishness and achiness wore off. I'm still up on the scale with water weight and my breasts feel like they are carrying quite a bit of it. At least they don't hurt, thanks to aspirin.

Day 27 in my cycle, though I'm not a "clock-work" kinda gal. I just thought the info might be helpful.

I had under 40 g. fat yesterday. I think I'll try to keep fat to 50 g. or less. That should improve estrogen problem too, right?

OP
Peata

Peata

messtafarian said:
Just occurred to me that Peat's mentioned trying topical progesterone for wound healing, etc. Maybe try a touch of it on hormonal breakouts?

coconut oil
SALT

Boil it all up at a rolling boil for a while, then stop the heat and add cream or half and half. Boil it some more until it's a creamy caramel color. Pour it off while it's still liquid onto greased parchment paper or anything you've prepped with coconut oil.

Mine boiled up to be too chewy to really be soft caramel so I put it in the freezer to make it into harder candy. I'm no candy technican or anything. But a couple of small hunks of that and I was suddenly HAPPY and I calmed down right away. It was better than xanax. And I like xanax a lot :)

I have used the Progest-E on my face in the past, but didn't notice a result. Maybe I didn't keep it up long enough. I'll give it another go.

I'll try the recipe today.

I do find these simple ingredients affect my mood significantly. For example, salt can calm me, make me feel warm and good, and even seems to help me have more focus on a task. Maybe it's just because I'm more relaxed.

Another example is, last night I was hungry and had 1 cup of 1% milk mixed with 1 c. OJ, plus salt & sugar. It was like a glass of bliss.

fabiomln

Take a lot of sunlight with vitamin A. Up to 100.000 ui/day could be needed. But better start lower.
Take vit E. Up to 1000 ui could be helpful (Shutes).
Vit B6 can be needed. Sometimes several times a day. Up to 500 mg.

OP
Peata

Peata

fabiomln said:
Take a lot of sunlight with vitamin A. Up to 100.000 ui/day could be needed. But better start lower.
Take vit E. Up to 1000 ui could be helpful (Shutes).
Vit B6 can be needed. Sometimes several times a day. Up to 500 mg.

If I take Vitamin D, can that take the place of sunlight most days, as far as helping me process vitamin A?

OP
Peata

Peata

messtafarian said:
Of course but I'm thinking also maybe try more sugar. Just sugar -- in your coffee, cokes, whatever. For me that's turning out to be a miracle cure. But I think for edema Dr. Peat is emphasizing salt:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/water.shtml

Thanks for the link to that article. I had read over it a long time ago but it's so easy to forget all these gems in Dr. Peat's work. Here's something that seems to pertain to me:

The effectiveness of increased salt in pre-eclampsia led me to suggest it for women with premenstrual edema, because both conditions typically involve high estrogen, hyponatremia, and a tendency toward hypo-osmolarity. Estrogen itself causes sodium loss, reduced osmolarity, and increased capillary leakiness.

While I have been using more salt lately, I've also been ingesting more liquids. Monday evening when I felt all this bloat come on, I'd quickly consumed over 2 cups of milk (as part of a coffee drink).

That was right after a high calorie dinner consisting mostly of a mashed potato dish that had lots of fat = milk, butter, sour cream, cheese, but I think it was the liquid more than the meal... I felt the bloat almost immediately after the milky drink. And it hasn't left me since. I notice I had a lot of liquid yesterday too, in the form of mineral water, Coke, milk, OJ.

But I've been adding salt to the drinks (except the Coke), so I thought it would be OK.

Does anyone know if there's an ideal ratio of "water" (all liquids) to sodium per day?

Guess I need to do more reading.

OP
Peata

Peata

More from that article Messta posted that stood out to me:

Combined with a high protein diet, eating a little extra salt usually helps to correct a variety of problems involving edema,

A lack of salt stimulates the formation of serotonin, which in turn stimulates aldosterone synthesis--that is, a sodium restricted diet activates processes that cause cells to take up sodium inappropriately,

OP
Peata

Peata

From RP's article: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/salt.shtml Some other things that interested me.

Premenstrual water retention is a common problem, and physicians commonly offer the same advice to cycling women that was offered as a standard treatment for pregnant women--the avoidance of salt, sometimes with a diuretic. But when women premenstrually increase their salt intake according to their craving, the water retention can be prevented.

A deficiency of protein contributes to hypothyroidism, which is responsible for the relative estrogen excess.

Activation of heat production and increased body temperature might account for some of the GABA-like sedative effects of increased sodium.

Mittir

It is a good idea to test your blood Vitamin D3 level before you start supplement and test your blood again
after certain period of supplement. That will give you an idea how much supplement you need to increase
and maintain a D3 level. I have read some people did not increased their D3 level significantly even after taking
large dose of months.

HDD

"Finally, long hours of daylight are known to increase progesterone production, and long hours of darkness are stressful. Annually, our total hours of day and night are the same regardless of latitude, but different ways of living, levels of artificial illumination, etc., have a strong influence on our hormones. In some animal experiments, prolonged exposure to light has delayed some aspects of aging."

Maybe sit in the sun for a little while and use bright lighting inside if you don't have a lot of natural light coming in.

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks for the help, everyone. I now have some new ideas, along with a refreshening of some others.

I'm going to see what happens with MORE:
salt
sugar
magnesium
D
sun
bag breathing
protein

and LESS
liquid
starch
phosphorus to calcium

And will continue on with
carrot
red light
coffee, even decaf
caffeine
aspirin
vitamin E
progest-E

OP
Peata

Peata

messtafarian said:

coconut oil
SALT

I just made a version of this and stuck it in the fridge to cool. I played around with the ratios. I also added 1 T. cocoa and instant coffee. I'll let you know how it turns out. Might be our own little bliss bombs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals