Need Help With Acne On Forehead

E30bum

A little bit of background. I’ve struggled with acne on and off for the past 5 years or so. I was able to get rid of it, completely the past year, and now it’s starting to come back. I’ve been taking anabolic steriods on and off for the past 8 years. In an attempt to completely go off them, my acne became the worst it had ever been. Then it sort of leveled off. My diet has mainly been the typical bodybuilding diet. High protein, moderate carbs, moderate fats. I won’t dive into the diet too much as I believe my acne is hormone related. I avoid anything with dairy, and foods that contain excess amounts of toxins. Shrimp, peanuts, corn, things of that nature. So my delema is, I know if I keep my hormones somewhat balanced, I hardly get any breakouts. But what’s puzzling to me, is more recently I’ve added a few things into my supplement regimen, and my skin has gotten significantly worse. I have not changed my dose of testosterone, or anything to manipulate my hormones exogenously. My diet has been somewhat consistent, so the only real thing that’s changed is my supplements. Here’s a list of what I’m currently taking.

Vitamin A 10,000 iu
Mucuna pruiens- can’t recall exact dose at this time
Vinpocitine 20mg
Methyl blue 1mg
Stinging nettle root 500mg
Creatine monohydrate 5mg
3mg of nicotine
Magnesium- 500mg of elemental and I also spray on magnesium chloride
Vitamin k2 360mcg
Vitamin D3 5,000 iu

Any recommendations on what I can do differently?

Thanks

mrsuomi

Start a carnivore/keto diet and start doing long fasting lik 48 hour once a week

OP
E

E30bum

I’ve been trying to fast for 24 hours. I’ll try the carnivore diet, never done that before.
Thanks for the reply

mrsuomi

I’ve been trying to fast for 24 hours. I’ll try the carnivore diet, never done that before.
Thanks for the reply

yes i had very severe forehead acne, and it has gone away with the carnivore diet

OP
E

E30bum

My guess would be a reduction in insulin levels/cortisol. Although those connections with acne have never really been proven. Do you have any recommendations?

jitsmonkey

The carnivore diet is simply an elimination diet that eliminates everything except meat
the short term benefit is in the elimination
the long term benefit is (still waiting) (still wating) (never gonna stop waiting)
the carnivore diet is a perfect example of our orthorexic culture masquerading as "healh & fitness"

as for your acne the forum is filled with a host of approaches re: diet / lifestyle
something simple and immediate you can try is topical Vit A or Vit K
one of them in all likelihood will at minimum make it manageable while you recover
if not eliminate it all together.
Try one at a time so you know which is doing the trick.

OP
E

E30bum

Also forgot to add that at one point I did a low does of accutane for about 6 months.

mrsuomi

there are "scientists" saying silly things about every orthorexic approach without exception.
that's like saying "my version of "God" is true because "religious zealots" wrote this book"
Yes but these people have proof.

teds

Forum Supporter
I won’t dive into the diet too much as I believe my acne is hormone related.

Just as an aside- I’d say you may want to look at how your diet effects your hormones.. they couldn’t be more closely linked.

Eat liver, shrimp (why are you avoiding?), milk, fruit... eat your carrot salad daily.. others have also had luck w direct topical application of vitamin A..

Fletcher

Have you ever tried anti-biotics like doxycycline during this time? If it helped your problem may be gut-related. Fasting may help if this is the case.

OP
E

E30bum

I’ve tried so many various diets through out the years. But my diet right now is strictly steak, eggs, rice, and salt. I will be slowly reintroducing foods to see if I can figure out what may be causing this. I don’t eat shrimp because it’s high in toxicity ( bottom feeder). Don’t eat/drink diary because I’m allergic and it causes terrible gas for me. I typically fast at minimum 12hours per day. I’ll go 24 every so often if I’m not hungry. But I have to eat enough to keep up with the energy demands that my body requires. I workout usually 6 days a week, plus cardio, as well as I have a job that requires a lot of physical activity. In other words, I don’t eat your typical standard American diet. I’m usually pretty aware of what and how much I eat.

A little bit of background. I’ve struggled with acne on and off for the past 5 years or so. I was able to get rid of it, completely the past year, and now it’s starting to come back. I’ve been taking anabolic steriods on and off for the past 8 years. In an attempt to completely go off them, my acne became the worst it had ever been. Then it sort of leveled off. My diet has mainly been the typical bodybuilding diet. High protein, moderate carbs, moderate fats. I won’t dive into the diet too much as I believe my acne is hormone related. I avoid anything with dairy, and foods that contain excess amounts of toxins. Shrimp, peanuts, corn, things of that nature. So my delema is, I know if I keep my hormones somewhat balanced, I hardly get any breakouts. But what’s puzzling to me, is more recently I’ve added a few things into my supplement regimen, and my skin has gotten significantly worse. I have not changed my dose of testosterone, or anything to manipulate my hormones exogenously. My diet has been somewhat consistent, so the only real thing that’s changed is my supplements. Here’s a list of what I’m currently taking.

Vitamin A 10,000 iu
Mucuna pruiens- can’t recall exact dose at this time
Vinpocitine 20mg
Methyl blue 1mg
Stinging nettle root 500mg
Creatine monohydrate 5mg
3mg of nicotine
Magnesium- 500mg of elemental and I also spray on magnesium chloride
Vitamin k2 360mcg
Vitamin D3 5,000 iu

Any recommendations on what I can do differently?

Thanks
With this stack you seem to be interfering with sex steroid binding globulin functions.

I would dump the hormone Vitamin D3 if you get 20 min of sunshine per day or lower it to 200 - 400 IU
Decrease magnesium to 100mg per day. Magnesium binds to sex steroid binding globulin.
Stinging nettle is the root I assume? If so consider dumping this one. This displace DHT and Estradiol from sex steroid binding globulin. Or use Beta sitosterols instead those are useful for steroid conversions.

OP
E

E30bum

@General Orange
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll definitely drop those, as I wasn’t aware of that. I did have my SHBG measured not too long ago, and it was very low. I can’t rememeber the exact number, but I also wasn’t taking this combination of supplements either.

@General Orange
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll definitely drop those, as I wasn’t aware of that. I did have my SHBG measured not too long ago, and it was very low. I can’t rememeber the exact number, but I also wasn’t taking this combination of supplements either.
You're welcome.
Supporting thyroid function can help increase SHBG too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals