Need help to lower birth control toxicity

slowin

Hello,

I'm trying to convince my GF to get off birth control but she is against this idea and she finds condom "not safe" .

She has high cortisol and transcortin, low DHEA, low selenium...
What can I do to reduce birth control toxicity, any supplements ?

(I know the best way is to get off it, but I think that I've lost this battle.)

InChristAlone

Maybe the key would be to show the research to her. She has a higher likelihood of cancer shouldn't that be enough for her to want to try something else? My husband and I have been married 14 yrs and have mainly relied on the pull out method with no oopsies. You have to be sure not to have sex within about 8 hours of ejaculating (we usually wait til the next day) and then of course be able to pull out well before and then your chances of pregnancy are basically zero. If you are being more risky with her on the pill then she has a higher chance of pregnancy on the pill.

OP
S

slowin

Maybe the key would be to show the research to her. She has a higher likelihood of cancer shouldn't that be enough for her to want to try something else? My husband and I have been married 14 yrs and have mainly relied on the pull out method with no oopsies. You have to be sure not to have sex within about 8 hours of ejaculating (we usually wait til the next day) and then of course be able to pull out well before and then your chances of pregnancy are basically zero. If you are being more risky with her on the pill then she has a higher chance of pregnancy on the pill.
Thx, i'll try to convince her one more time. But if you know some things that lower side effects for now..

kaydeegee

Show her / buy her / take out from the library the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. "Birth control" is something we can approach naturally, simply by increasing awareness of our own bodies and cycles. If she doesn't fully trust condoms, the info in this book may help. She's only fertile ~5 days out of a given cycle, and once she knows how to determine when those days are, she has the opportunity to feel a lot safer.

eimearrose

Show her / buy her / take out from the library the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. "Birth control" is something we can approach naturally, simply by increasing awareness of our own bodies and cycles. If she doesn't fully trust condoms, the info in this book may help. She's only fertile ~5 days out of a given cycle, and once she knows how to determine when those days are, she has the opportunity to feel a lot safer.
A second recommendation for this book. I've been using FAM for 15 years (condoms near the fertile window) and no scares the whole time, and that's with very irregular cycles. If you have regular cycles generally you can get away with less condom use. Knowing the fluctuations of the cycle is very useful beyond birth control too. I adjust diet and supplements based on the hormonal changes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals