Need help to figure out why I react so badly to coffee

A

Adf

Firstly, I have PSSD but not prefer to call it that way because my problems are more akin to CFS/progressive dementia.

Whenever I drink coffee, my dementia goes worse (vision, cognitive abilities), my bowel gets more reactive to inner stimuli, my chronic hunger problem gets worse, my motor coordination gets more impaired and my eustachian tube dysfunction becomes worse. My blood test results show highish basophils, lowish copper, highish zinc and low ceruloplasmin. It looks like I'm undermethylated but I have food allergies (I sneeze whenever I eat something) and I think my adrenaline is oversensitized (I think I have low adrenaline but sensitized receptors).

What does this look like? Excess acetylcholine? Low blood flow? high methylation or low methylation?

You may simply be intolerant to coffee. Not all people can drink coffee. One sip of coffee puts my wife instantly to sleep... literally one sip... literally within 1-5 seconds.

Have you tried breathwork every day, like Wim Hoff method? One bout of 3 rounds may not be enough, perhaps try put the Wim Hoff guided breathing on loop, and lay down, and do the breathwork for 9 rounds or 30 minutes.

Cold showers are also a game changer.

Nighteyes

there is a backup containing posts until mid 2019 but the rest is gone. I can upload the sql file if you want.

I will need to hear other candidates because I cannot buy many things here. I heard cortisol downregulates GABA too but I'm unsure to try corticosteroids for that.
I would really like the backup file - thanks man! Can you share it via dropbox somehow or how would that work? :)

aliml

Something that can work similar as GHB. Can chamomile tea work?

Factors that May Increase GABA​

Supplements & Diet

Synthetic GABA Drugs

• Phenibut is made by modifying GABA with a phenyl group (beta-phenyl-GABA). In the US it’s classified as a supplement.
  • Picamilon is made of GABA and vitamin B3 (niacin). It’s not approved in the US but some companies still sell it.
  • GHB (Gamma-hydroxybutyrate), an illegal and dangerous drug of abuse.

Lifestyle

Experimental

• Neurofeedback [66]
  • Binaural beats (theoretically, since listening to alpha or gamma wave beats may increase alpha and gamma brainwaves, which have been linked to relaxation and meditative states of mind) [63, 67]
  • Ketosis [68]
  • CBT [69]

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

I would really like the backup file - thanks man! Can you share it via dropbox somehow or how would that work? :)
@aliml thanks, I will try the things one and one.

Neeters 27

I tried B complex and B1 alone (500 mg) without a significant improvement in my motor symptoms. Also as I said, everything happens in 30 minutes, so it can't be a nutritional issue.

I did not mean I am hungry, I just feel very irritating, scraping feeling in my stomach, but without the usual appetite. My body has nutrition, but I still feel hungry. This gets worse if I drink coffee, or eat meat (eating any kind of meat instantly makes me feel really worse), or do anything that worsens my condition (including masturbation or eating turmeric). BCAA temporarily improves this.

Copper deficiency makes sense but I still can't figure out why my body doesn't absorb enough amounts of copper. I eat chocolate and potatoes sometimes. There must be something that's blocking my copper absorption.

Also I thought maybe I have high acetylcholine because;
Coffee increases acetylcholine (I feel worse after drinking)
Progesterone is an acetylcholine receptor blocker (I have very high progesterone)
copper increases acetylcholinesterase
Cofee worsens PET --> The cause of Patulous Eustachian Tube (Hypothesis) - Medicine & Diseases
I feel worse after eating potatoes --> Potatoes cholinergic?

This is my first symptom I noticed while I was on fluoxetine --> Symptoms of High Acetylcholine
I have chronic diarrhea problem which gets instantly worse after drinking coffee (Acetylcholine, again)
coffee induces a bile dump, which causes you to go poo, thats the ONLY reason I drink it in the morning! you might have gallbladder issues, I think thats what it is.

Neeters 27

Factors that May Increase GABA​

Supplements & Diet

Synthetic GABA Drugs

• Phenibut is made by modifying GABA with a phenyl group (beta-phenyl-GABA). In the US it’s classified as a supplement.
  • Picamilon is made of GABA and vitamin B3 (niacin). It’s not approved in the US but some companies still sell it.
  • GHB (Gamma-hydroxybutyrate), an illegal and dangerous drug of abuse.

Lifestyle

Experimental

• Neurofeedback [66]
  • Binaural beats (theoretically, since listening to alpha or gamma wave beats may increase alpha and gamma brainwaves, which have been linked to relaxation and meditative states of mind) [63, 67]
  • Ketosis [68]
  • CBT [69]
just smoke some weed man, and have a cup of coffee, that increases GABA big time, and you will fell great! thats what me and my husband have been doing for years!

Borz

Forum Supporter
Choline rich foods like eggs should be avoided and often cause depression in high histamine types. And in severe cases (probably your case is somewhat more severe), choline not only depresses your mood but your entire nervous system and thus cognition. Unfortunately liver is a rich source of choline but this the only way to get copper you need and overall it is still more stimulating than sedating to the nervous system. As your copper levels increase, choline in food should not be as damaging to you. But you should always avoid eggs as of right now and you may, based on genetic issues with Ach metabolism need to avoid eggs indefinitely.
@redsun I have seen you recommend increasing Choline intake (eggs) and TMG for high histamine undermethylator types, so I don't know what to make of this.

Also, you said copper from liver is not comparable to supplements (said liver is better), do you think this might be due to the Vitamin A in liver by some mechanism? I feel like a supplement like Copper Bisglycinate Chelate should be just as bioavailable.

redsun

@redsun I have seen you recommend increasing Choline intake (eggs) and TMG for high histamine undermethylator types, so I don't know what to make of this.

Also, you said copper from liver is not comparable to supplements (said liver is better), do you think this might be due to the Vitamin A in liver by some mechanism? I feel like a supplement like Copper Bisglycinate Chelate should be just as bioavailable.
You should only supplement copper if blood tests show low. Otherwise it is likely not needed besides what we obtain from food. Liver's copper is better absorbed than supplements but supplements are preferred as vitamin A toxicity is a possibility with too much liver. Copper helps make DAO which is suppose to help deactivate histamine in the gut before it gets absorbed into the body but it would matter unless you were copper deficient. And if you had DAO mutations it wouldnt matter how much copper you take.

I have observed that when eating a ton of choline at once, the heaviness and excess histamine release (which was especially noticeable for me around the eyes, sinus area, causes a flu-like feeling) and depressive type symptoms is reduced almost completely when taking TMG in the same meal. Likely because choline in high amounts entering the body promotes a lot of histamine release in those with high histamine levels but because TMG is taken in the same meal it can quickly metabolize most of the histamine that is suddenly released by choline through BHMT pathway.

Theoretically, this may be more effective at reducing histamine levels (more choline + TMG). In other words, higher choline intake does help somewhat because some choline becomes TMG, but when eating a lot of choline more histamine is released it may "empty" histamine stores faster along with TMG being there to metabolize the histamine.

Back
Top Bottom