Need Help Taking DHEA/PREG And Searching This Forum!

Lenny

Hi all,

So iv'e been on the forum for about a month (on haiduts advice) and to be honnest im not getting much further.. Searching the forum for practical advice is (atleast in my experience) really difficult. Iv'e got some things I just cant find on the forum and am not getting answer on via my threaths. Could someone, who knows and is sure about the subject, please respond to me or point me to a threat with the info needed? (ive searched all over youtube and dannyroddy's channel also but cant seem to find this). Thank you very much in advance.

I'm having troubles with stress. Im 25 y.o and eating pretty cleanly, just having lots of anxiety and stress. For this Iv'e bought powdered DHEA and Progesterone. I know the best dosages are:

DHEA 5 mg 3 times daily
progesterone 100 mg daily
or
DHEA and progesterone combined 5 mg each daily

My questions:

Does anybody KNOW how to take the powders and in which combination and dosage?

And how do I reconize estrogenic side-effects?

How should I get started?

What is the best place to apply fat soluble vitamins toppicly?

Does applying fat soluble vitamins hold an advantage over taking them orally?

What is the best place to apply DHEA/progest toppicly?

What i suggest is you start with pregnenolone. 10mg is a good start oral daily then up to 100mg and even 200mg or 300mg a day. That often is enough.

You can add progesterone 10mg and DHEA 5mg if you want after that, but I’d just start there.

When I do topical I apply it around my throat area per Dr. Peat’s recommendation. I take pregnenolone orally, and DHEA and progesterone topically.

More than 10mg of progesterone for a man, to me, is kind of a lot. 100mg is a huge amount. I’d go easy on the progesterone. Pregnenolone can be taken in large doses very beneficially.

Arnold Grape

^^I will second the above, but caution you against taking both of these things, although more specifically Dhea if you are experiencing anxiety issues. A nice alternative to progesterone would be taking about 500 mg of aspirin daily. However even this you should be careful with. (The key here is that you are 25 years old and without some type of drastic, pre existing health condition or hormone issue, you won’t need these things.) If you do decide to expirement with these things and experience estrogenic symptoms, they will manifest in obvious negative ways and you could become more anxious.

Check idea labs for readymade supplement forms if you go that route.

Fat soluble vitamins I have not noticed a difference where the application site is.

Look into magnesium bicarbonate if you’re anxious:

Pm if you want anecdotal things about preg/ prog/ Dhea

^^I will second the above, but caution you against taking both of these things, although more specifically Dhea if you are experiencing anxiety issues. A nice alternative to progesterone would be taking about 500 mg of aspirin daily. However even this you should be careful with. (The key here is that you are 25 years old and without some type of drastic, pre existing health condition or hormone issue, you won’t need these things.) If you do decide to expirement with these things and experience estrogenic symptoms, they will manifest in obvious negative ways and you could become more anxious.

Check idea labs for readymade supplement forms if you go that route.

Fat soluble vitamins I have not noticed a difference where the application site is.

Look into magnesium bicarbonate if you’re anxious:

Pm if you want anecdotal things about preg/ prog/ Dhea

great points.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Thank you guys so much for replying! Im the kind of person who really needs ALL the details so im having some followup questions:

I made a mistake in my post. I meant to say that I was planning on taking pregnenolone, NOT progesterone. So what I have is DHEA and pregnenolone, both powdered. The problem is, I dont know how to consume the powder.

@ecstatichamster you said that you suggest taking 10mg pregnenolone and that you take it orraly. Now, I have pregnenolone powdered. To take this orraly, do I add it in with some water/orrangejuice? How would you suggest doing that?

@ecstatichamster You said (I dont know how to make quotes yet :P) "When I do topical I apply it around my throat area per Dr. Peat’s recommendation". How does this work for taking my powdered DHEA? Do I mix it with something or just rub the powder on my neck? How do you apply your DHEA (can you be speciffic)?

@Arnold Grape Thank you for your reply! I was thinking about magnesium myself, im going to give that a try. Im currently taking 1 gram of aspirin daily, for a month or twoo. I must say it makes me feel good, for a min or so, then Im back to feeling stressed out. I will DM you for anecdotal things about preg/ prog/ Dhea. Thank you for offering.

I mix DHEA with vitamin E liquid.

Then apply around neck.

PRegnenolone powder seems to be fine in juice. I’m not sure it really dissolves but mix it around and drink it. Or sprinkle on food. Have it with a meal.

Arnold Grape

Welcome: I know that you did not ask me this question, but my sense is to take a higher amount of Pregnenolone for anxiety (50-100 mg) and see how you feel. If you experience worse feelings, I would discard of it. Pregnenolone is nice for like a sleep emergency or some type of mental crisis, but I don't view it as a reliable measure for reducing anxiety because it often has numerous different effects in the same person taken in similar doses. That is problematic to me, and I'm sure there are various perspectives on specifically why this occurs. (One reason is that Pregnenolone sourcing is sketchy.)

In response to your question, that is a high amount of aspirin: I'm not sure if this is correct, but I believe there is some type of synergy that occurs with mag + aspirin, so maybe that will help? Try making a magnesium bicarbonate concentrate with the instructions from the video linked above. (My only discrepancy is that I like to make it in a plastic 1 liter bottle because the bottle facilitates the reaction better than glass. You also should take the top off of a fresh water and then put the MOM inside of it quickly as opposed to just hanging out like the guy in the video does.) My recommendation is to take approximately 3/4 of a glass of this concentrate with about 1/4 or .5 cup of lemonade or orange juice. If this does not produce a pleasant, gentle effect of well being I would consume an additional .25 of a glass but not more than that because it may cause stomach upset.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Welcome: I know that you did not ask me this question, but my sense is to take a higher amount of Pregnenolone for anxiety (50-100 mg) and see how you feel. If you experience worse feelings, I would discard of it. Pregnenolone is nice for like a sleep emergency or some type of mental crisis, but I don't view it as a reliable measure for reducing anxiety because it often has numerous different effects in the same person taken in similar doses. That is problematic to me, and I'm sure there are various perspectives on specifically why this occurs. (One reason is that Pregnenolone sourcing is sketchy.)

In response to your question, that is a high amount of aspirin: I'm not sure if this is correct, but I believe there is some type of synergy that occurs with mag + aspirin, so maybe that will help? Try making a magnesium bicarbonate concentrate with the instructions from the video linked above. (My only discrepancy is that I like to make it in a plastic 1 liter bottle because the bottle facilitates the reaction better than glass. You also should take the top off of a fresh water and then put the MOM inside of it quickly as opposed to just hanging out like the guy in the video does.) My recommendation is to take approximately 3/4 of a glass of this concentrate with about 1/4 or .5 cup of lemonade or orange juice. If this does not produce a pleasant, gentle effect of well being I would consume an additional .25 of a glass but not more than that because it may cause stomach upset.

Thanks, this is useful info to me.

Yesterday , I took my first batch of 10 mg preg, before bed. I felt a bit more relaxed and focussed. Today I took 10 mg again and didnt feel a thing. Im going to try up the dose as you reccomend and see what it does. My preg is from healthnatura, I think its the purest.

Iv'e looked up signs of magnesium deficiency and I pretty much hit all markers. Im ordering some from the USA this week and will start taking it as soon as I can. you said "My recommendation is to take approximately 3/4 of a glass of this concentrate with about 1/4 or .5 cup of lemonade or orange juice". Just to be clear, with; "this concentrate", did you refer to [magnesiumwater diluted to normal water] or [The magnesiumwater itself (the water he made in the glass bottle)]?

Im not sure what you mean by "You also should take the top off of a fresh water and then put the MOM inside of it quickly as opposed to just hanging out like the guy in the video does". Im using a waterfilter and I would tap myself some water then add the concentrate to it. Would that be o.k?

Thanks again for replying.

Arnold Grape

Im not sure what you mean by "You also should take the top off of a fresh water and then put the MOM inside of it quickly as opposed to just hanging out like the guy in the video does". Im using a waterfilter and I would tap myself some water then add the concentrate to it. Would that be o.k?

That was confusing: I use the Polar brand plain seltzer in a 1 liter size, which I take the cap off of, put the MOM amount in and then reseal the top before shaking vigorously. You may also find it helpful to pour out a small amount of the seltzer before adding the MOM. After refrigerating and then reshaping, the bottle will “crush” in slightly, which is indicative of the right chemical reaction taking place. This is the concentrated mixture which you should not consume all of in one day.

After the concentrate is made, I recommend taking the aforementioned amount (3/4 of 1 cup), which you can mix anything you want into to make it palatable — I thought that taking something acidic with vitamin c helps absorb the magnesium better. This bicarbonate concentrate is arguably the most bioavailable form of magnesium available. I would not be surprised if you experienced a pleasant effect, which is your body being repleted.

Because it is possible to overdo it, experiment with the quantities and watch for stomach upset.

boris

progesterone 100 mg daily

100mg+ of progesterone is Peat's "emergency dose" of a 1/4 teaspoon. Mostly intended for women with extremely high estrogen levels.

For males it should be around the 5-15mg mark. Too much reportedly can cause penis shrinkage in men. Some men might need higher doses though, everyone is different.

Does applying fat soluble vitamins hold an advantage over taking them orally?

I think for some of them topical is favourable because it bypasses the liver and you avoid potential gut irritation.

you can take any amount of pregnenolone in my experience. At first it can cause estrogen symptoms because it is converting to progesterone and flushing out tissue-bound estrogen.

That goes away though.

You can as a man take 10mg of progesterone. You can take 50mg to 100mg from time to time but I wouldn’t take it chronically. Some men do though.

Elize

Which is a a good topial DHEA to buy? I use 50 mcg of and just added 7 mcg of T3 4 days ago. Endocrinologist want me to add DHEA as my level is low .

Thanks

OP
Lenny

Lenny

That was confusing: I use the Polar brand plain seltzer in a 1 liter size, which I take the cap off of, put the MOM amount in and then reseal the top before shaking vigorously. You may also find it helpful to pour out a small amount of the seltzer before adding the MOM. After refrigerating and then reshaping, the bottle will “crush” in slightly, which is indicative of the right chemical reaction taking place. This is the concentrated mixture which you should not consume all of in one day.

After the concentrate is made, I recommend taking the aforementioned amount (3/4 of 1 cup), which you can mix anything you want into to make it palatable — I thought that taking something acidic with vitamin c helps absorb the magnesium better. This bicarbonate concentrate is arguably the most bioavailable form of magnesium available. I would not be surprised if you experienced a pleasant effect, which is your body being repleted.

Because it is possible to overdo it, experiment with the quantities and watch for stomach upset.
Ah ok. Ima do that, thanks for clarifying!

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Which is a a good topial DHEA to buy? I use 50 mcg of and just added 7 mcg of T3 4 days ago. Endocrinologist want me to add DHEA as my level is low .

Thanks
I use Purebulk

sun-maid

you can take any amount of pregnenolone in my experience. At first it can cause estrogen symptoms because it is converting to progesterone and flushing out tissue-bound estrogen.

That goes away though.

You can as a man take 10mg of progesterone. You can take 50mg to 100mg from time to time but I wouldn’t take it chronically. Some men do though.

Do you get side effect from 10mg progesterone ? I get shrinkage if the dose is above like 3mg