Need Help: Irritable And Grouchy

iLoveSugar

I'm the absolute complete opposite of calm and relaxed. I'm so irritable and grouchy. I'm extremely tense. My nerves are a wreck. Cyprophetadine does nothing for me. Even driving, I feel the need to grip the steering wheel to the point it hurts my hands. I really dont know what going on.

lampofred

RP mentioned a combo of being deficient in B2 and having low glycogen stores can cause extreme irritability. B2 is rapidly depleted by blue light exposure.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Just did a quick google search and I really dont have many low b2 symptoms. Other lists, I have like every symptom.

Ritchie

Standard questions: What's your diet like? What sups are you taking?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My appetite is so restricted due to gut issues. In short though, milk, chocolate milk, potatoes, beef, eggs, OJ, occasional chicken, occasional chocolate, decaf coffee with sugar and milk, decaf coke. Caffeine in any form always aggravates me.

I just feel like complete ***t and have a LONG list of symptoms.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm the absolute complete opposite of calm and relaxed. I'm so irritable and grouchy. I'm extremely tense. My nerves are a wreck. Cyprophetadine does nothing for me. Even driving, I feel the need to grip the steering wheel to the point it hurts my hands. I really dont know what going on.
B-vitamins, especially B1 (>100mg), B2 (roughly), B3 (100mg+ x3 daily) and B6 (50mg or less), high dose magnesium and glycine.
Do you feel irritated and grouchy after every meal as well?

Ritchie

My appetite is so restricted due to gut issues. In short though, milk, chocolate milk, potatoes, beef, eggs, OJ, occasional chicken, occasional chocolate, decaf coffee with sugar and milk, decaf coke. Caffeine in any form always aggravates me.

Look, it's controversial around these parts to say it but dairy is massively problematic for a whole host of reasons... How long have you been eating this way and how long have you been feeling this way?

postman

Contrary to Peats ideas, dairy and salt both make me very irritable. Salt is kinda sedative at first but after a couple of hours it causes a kind of rebound agitation that is much much worse than any irritability I might have had before ingestion. Dairy is more like it makes all my nerves fire uncontrollably, gives me insomnia tension ocd anxiety mood swings etc.

postman

Keeping PUFA intake below 4g per day will really lower cathecholamine production by a large amount but you probably know that already, takes about 2 weeks of doing that without cheats for me to feel a big reduction in stress. But your problem sounds like it might be more of a nerve thing than a stress homone thing, maybe.

boris

I would add some more safe fibers to help your gut and liver and get rid of some estrogen and endotoxin. It can cause irritability. I always feel off when I don't eat them for a few days.

Since I can't handle the unripe fruits I can get around here I stick with lots of cooked, ground mushrooms. They are very pleasant for the gut. Mushroom always sits better with me than carrot but I still do it occasionaly.

If you are hypothyroid, something to help cellular respiration makes me calm and content. Aspirin up to 500mg-1g dissolved in water and strained through a coffe filter after a meal. Or No-Flush Niacinamide/Nicotinamide (B3) after a meal. I do up to 100-500mg.
Also Methylene Blue (haven't tried it yet myself).

Last edited:

Nemo

Glycine is calming. Are you getting gelatin or a good high-glycine broth daily? Would help your gut too.

Also, I don't see in your diet how you're getting enough manganese. Manganese reduces irritability associated with pms and estrogen dominance. Grapes, macadamia nuts and rice are good sources.

And what about progesterone? Impossible for me to be anything but calm while I'm taking progesterone.

Also, for me, a drop of Idealabs' Oxidal (Haidut's methylene blue supplement) was unsurpassed in producing a feeling of bliss. I can only take it 1 to 3 days a week long-term and only very low dose.

And are you getting any sunlight, Sugar? Even a winter walk all bundled up helps. Can you get away to Hawaii for a week?

boris

@Nemo what happens if you take it more often or higher dose?

Yes missing sunlight and wrong indoor lighting is often overlooked. Bright white LEDs or fluorescent lights can make you feel pretty bad especially if you don't get out much.
A warm thick gelatinous bone broth makes me feel very calm too.

Nemo

@Nemo what happens if you take it more often or higher dose?

Boris, if I take a higher dose of Oxidal, I hyperventilate. I can't eat enough to stop the stress reaction. In fact, eating itself starts to make me hyperventilate.

I took it 10 days in a row to start and everything felt great. Then on the 11th day, the anxiety started. On the 12th day, I had a panic attack and stopped.

Now I get the anxiety reaction after even two days in a row of one drop. It's not horrible, but it's noticeable. But if I stick to a small drop 1-3 times a week, skipping at least a day between doses, I seem to get all the benefit without the bad stuff. The benefits for me have been better breathing, a heart rate of roughly 85 (I had stalled out at 81), and all stiffness in my legs and back disappeared for the first time in many years. Plus it gives me a blissful feeling--very mild, but very nice.

HealingBoy

Did you take pregnenolone ? Worse, did you take it with caffeine ? If yes, don't go further, your GABA receptors are blocked and you're just agitated and tensed. Taurine and theanine may help a lot.

postman

Boris, if I take a higher dose of Oxidal, I hyperventilate. I can't eat enough to stop the stress reaction. In fact, eating itself starts to make me hyperventilate.

I took it 10 days in a row to start and everything felt great. Then on the 11th day, the anxiety started. On the 12th day, I had a panic attack and stopped.

Now I get the anxiety reaction after even two days in a row of one drop. It's not horrible, but it's noticeable. But if I stick to a small drop 1-3 times a week, skipping at least a day between doses, I seem to get all the benefit without the bad stuff. The benefits for me have been better breathing, a heart rate of roughly 85 (I had stalled out at 81), and all stiffness in my legs and back disappeared for the first time in many years. Plus it gives me a blissful feeling--very mild, but very nice.
It becomes a MAOI if you take more than a tiny dose, so it increases serotonin. I think Ray said to not take more than 50 mcg.

boris

Interesting @Nemo @postman , is this oral or topical? Thanks for the heads up.

I was a little confused because Haidut said in a interview that if you use too much topically it just stays blue on the skin meaning it doesn't get oxidized until it's needed. So if your respiration is good it just stays blue for a few days and then dissipates when your body uses it up slowly. When you have bad respiration the blue color dissapears after a few hours because your body uses it immediately.

T

TheBeard

Sounds like me pre-antibiotics.

All this gut bacteria is generating serotonin, robbing you from your appetite, robbing you from nutrients, oxygen, the heart has to beat twice faster to deliver the required oxygen everywhere, you are in constant stimulation and completely restless.

Have you tried antibiotics?

Nemo

Interesting @Nemo @postman , is this oral or topical? Thanks for the heads up.

I was a little confused because Haidut said in a interview that if you use too much topically it just stays blue on the skin meaning it doesn't get oxidized until it's needed. So if your respiration is good it just stays blue for a few days and then dissipates when your body uses it up slowly. When you have bad respiration the blue color dissapears after a few hours because your body uses it immediately.

Topical, Boris. And the blue never completely left my skin.

Nemo

Did you take pregnenolone ? Worse, did you take it with caffeine ? If yes, don't go further, your GABA receptors are blocked and you're just agitated and tensed. Taurine and theanine may help a lot.

Wow, that is scary. Did a quick search and saw studies that confirm. Why are Peatists taking pregnenolone then?