Need Help/guidance With Severe Hormone Imbalance

Jenna

Hello,

I have been following the work and research of Dr. Ray Peat and Georgi Dinkov/haidut. I am new to their research but have been extensively reading and listening to their content.

I am looking for someone who can help give me guidance on what to do for the following:

I am not without knowledge regarding the topics of integrative health as I am currently completing my master’s degree in integrative health, nutrition, and herbal medicine but I am new to the methods and information of Dr. Ray Peat which contradicts alot of the information I have been taught over the years.

To make my story short, I am 28 years of age and I have been dealing with autoimmune disease, severe hormonal imbalance for the last ten+ years. After coming off of birth control and receiving all three doses of the gardisil vaccine, I stopped having a cycle and my hormones basically shut off and I have had very low post menopausal hormone levels since then. This was eight years ago. I have had functional hypothalamic amenorrhea for 8 years with very imbalanced endocrine function. I have been to many different doctors, practitioners, herbalists, health coaches, etc., that have been unable to help me resolve and balance my hormones, fertility, and autoimmune issues. I have tried just about every diet variation, supplement, and herb I can find to help my body heal for years. I am dealing with thyroid dysfunction and have been following the research of Dr. Peat regarding thyroid function and find it very helpful.

At this point I am looking for guidance to help implement his research and methods. I have VERY low (below post menopausal levels) of T3( currently on NP thyroid), progesterone, estrogen, pregnenolone, cholesterol, vitamin D3, testosterone, IgF-1, HGH, ADH (diagnosed with diabetes insipidus), and chronically high levels of cortisol. I have been very symptomatic for years with a long list of symptoms that significantly impact my life. It is frustrating to me that no one has been able to help me address these issues and that as a practitioner myself I can't resolve these issues despite implementing a variety of methods. I struggle greatly every day.

I was put on estradiol and progesterone cream after I found out I have severe advanced osteoporosis. After learning more from Dr. Peat, I am unsure if this was the right choice to start these hormones.

If anyone could help me or refer me to a practitioner or person who is knowledgeable enough to help me I would be incredibly grateful!

Thank you!

Peatful

Welcome @Jenna

your chance for feedback will increase with a few more data points:

-what is your daily diet?
-what are your temps?
-do you have lab work to post?

Lollipop2

Hi @Jenna

A few thoughts to get you started:

*Stop estrogen...Peat spoke about postmenopausal women being given estrogen on a recent show: Patrick Timpone’s show.

*Work on healing your liver.

*I use Progest-e together with IdeaLabs Cortnon for my change of life - 3 weeks on, one week off. Works wonders.

*Take Aspirin with milk to protect stomach. It rapidly decreases estrogen symptoms.

*Good you are on NDT

*Check Vit D levels and consider taking with Vit K2

*Make sure you are on natural progesterone and NOT synthetic progestin.

Hope these help!

Jennifer

Hi @Jenna! I'm very sorry for your suffering. Your health history is quite similar to mine. Adding to what Peatful and Lollipop2 said, if your spine is osteoporotic and your doctors haven't already urged you to do so, you may want to get a back brace to stabilize it because even just one fractured vertebra in cases of osteoporosis can mean the surrounding vertebrae collapse and I can't even begin to explain how devastating it would be to have that happen.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

can you post your current labs and diet? right off the bat - if you are taking pregnenolone , as you know , the hormone cascade will convert to progesterone first so not sure about taking progest along with that. i made that mistake and ended up with progrsterone dominance which messed me up . what autoimmune disease do you have? how are your serum calcium levels? vit D? have you explored taking boron? how are your liver enzymes? do you eat meat? do you drink milk? do you eat/ take collagen / gelatin? i have many questions -

Recoen

Post gardasil illness is discussed a lot at the hormonesmatter website. Many have seen huge improvement with higher dose B1 (TTFD specifically) and biotin.

OP
J

Jenna

Welcome @Jenna

your chance for feedback will increase with a few more data points:

-what is your daily diet?
-what are your temps?
-do you have lab work to post?

@Peatful I have tried every diet version there is. Currently I am trying to follow Dr. Peats dietary recommendations to the best of my knowledge but like I said I am new to his research and methods. A typical day includes meat (beef, turkey, chicken, occasionally bacon but only in the homemade liver pate that I make pretty regularly, fruit such as grapes and watermelon and berries, zuchinni, carrots, avocado, coconut oil, living coconut yogurt, mushrooms, eggs, I cook in tallow or coconut oil. Also have been drinking alot of coffee recently. I love the fact that Dr. Peat recommends coffee since I love coffee but gave it up for years because everyone told me it was so bad all the time and would only make my problems worse.

I am allergic to dairy.

Temps are consistently low 67-97.8 usually. Sometimes within normal range. Improved some since going on NDT but still have low temp days and I can always tell because I can hardly function.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.03.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.03.51 PM.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.03.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.03.35 PM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OP
J

Jenna

Post gardasil illness is discussed a lot at the hormonesmatter website. Many have seen huge improvement with higher dose B1 (TTFD specifically) and biotin.

@Recoen Yes. I know the post gardasil is a big issue and alot of women have had severe reactions to it including premature ovarian failure. I would like to think there is some sort of healing resolution/answer to these problems. I remain hopeful.

That is interesting I will have to look in to that further. I had not heard that.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jenna

@danishispsychic I am not taking pregnenolone because my labs showed pretty high levels of it. Any thoughts on this?
Vitamin D has been low for years despite supplementation. Supplementing does not seem to have any effect. Collagen yes. Yes eat meat and lots of saturated fat. Calcium levels within range. Liver enzymes normal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.13.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.13.33 PM.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.13.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.13.19 PM.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
J

Jenna

Hi @Jenna

*Stop estrogen...Peat spoke about postmenopausal women being given estrogen on a recent show: Patrick Timpone’s show.

*I use Progest-e together with IdeaLabs Cortnon for my change of life - 3 weeks on, one week off. Works wonders.

*Take Aspirin with milk to protect stomach. It rapidly decreases estrogen symptoms.

*Good you are on NDT

Hope these help!

@Lollipop2

Thank you for all of this. Yes it is helpful!

GreenTrails

can you post your current labs and diet? right off the bat - if you are taking pregnenolone , as you know , the hormone cascade will convert to progesterone first so not sure about taking progest along with that. i made that mistake and ended up with progrsterone dominance which messed me up . what autoimmune disease do you have? how are your serum calcium levels? vit D? have you explored taking boron? how are your liver enzymes? do you eat meat? do you drink milk? do you eat/ take collagen / gelatin? i have many questions -
danishispsychic
I am interested in your comments to Jenna. I would like to know what you mean by "progesterone dominance"; how did that manifest? Thank you.

Zoë Barefoot

Hi @Jenna

*Good you are on NDT

Hope these help!
What does aspirin and milk do? I’m going through the same thing that this post is about

Lollipop2

What does aspirin and milk do? I’m going through the same thing that this post is about
The Aspirin decreases estrogen and then the estrogen symptoms - kind of makes you feel normal when everything feels crazy. Aspirin also helps heal the liver so your liver can detoxify extra unwanted estrogen. The milk costs the stomach when taking aspirin so that you do not experience any stomach issues from the aspirin.

can you post your current labs and diet? right off the bat - if you are taking pregnenolone , as you know , the hormone cascade will convert to progesterone first so not sure about taking progest along with that. i made that mistake and ended up with progrsterone dominance which messed me up . what autoimmune disease do you have? how are your serum calcium levels? vit D? have you explored taking boron? how are your liver enzymes? do you eat meat? do you

Sorry to interrupt and thread hijack here, but I also take pregnenolone and just purchased progesterone (cream), and I have never heard of "progesterone dominance", nor of not taking preg and prog together. Would you mind sharing a bit more about progesterone dominance, and what your symptoms were? And maybe go int a bit more detail about the issues of combining these two? Thank you!

JenLN

I also had progesterone dominance. Symptoms were 30 pound weight gain, no sex drive, anhedonia, joint and muscle stiffness and uncontrollable appetite to name a few. 1700:1 ratio of p to e 6 months after I stopped progesterone at a low dose