Need Help For Arthritis / Arthrosis In Dog

robertf

11 years old with long history of food allergies, seasonal atopy, vaccine reaction, managed well up until now that he's getting old. found aluminum in his hair test but nothing seems to help the arthritis or atopy. we were raw feeding for many years but for the past 1.5 year he does better with cooked food. he's already low pufa for many years now.

dm me if you have any ideas. hoping to hear from some sort of dog expert.

Regina

11 years old with long history of food allergies, seasonal atopy, vaccine reaction, managed well up until now that he's getting old. found aluminum in his hair test but nothing seems to help the arthritis or atopy. we were raw feeding for many years but for the past 1.5 year he does better with cooked food. he's already low pufa for many years now.

You might try ketotifen. And add aspirin to his food.
I buy the aspirin for dogs (from chewy.com). It's apple-flavored. I add a dash of it to his food. I also open a Peak K2 capsule (It's MK4 15mg).

I used to feed raw too. My dog is 14 now and he doesn't want raw anymore. I give him some cottage cheese (gum free) (or vanilla ice cream) in the evenings and add a slice of Trader Joe's packaged orange slices with the rind. He's doing well with the added calcium and sweet.

Ketotifen has been a great mood stabilizer. He used to be hyper-vigilant; now he's easy-going.

Rick K

Proteolytic enzymes will bring the arthritis under control and restore mobility.

Came the Atopy after low PUFA?

OP
R

robertf

Proteolytic enzymes did not have any effect, tried them a few years ago.

Atopy most likely started after a vaccination reaction, but can't be exactly sure of the timing. The dog was always low pufa.

The arthrosis is now worse than the atopy as he gets older.

Regina

Proteolytic enzymes did not have any effect, tried them a few years ago.

Atopy most likely started after a vaccination reaction, but can't be exactly sure of the timing. The dog was always low pufa.

The arthrosis is now worse than the atopy as he gets older.
You might also try minocycline.
But ketotifen has been a game changer.

Ania

Try to feed him meat only diet with some egg shell calcium added, no plants. One month shoul be enough to see if it works.

retroactive

Any luck? I'd try about 10mg pregnenolone daily to start. Could try increasing to 20 or 30 if needed. I've had good luck with 10mg daily for my arthritic cats.