Need help addressing palpitations from NDT

AlisonG

NDT gives me palpitations. "Stop the Thyroid Madness" book was my first introduction to the idea that palpitations from NDT are a sign of Adrenal Fatigue which must be addressed first before supplementing NDT. The author indicates that in order to properly address Adrenal Fatigue, you must take a saliva cortisol test which will place you into one of three categories: high, low, or mixed cortisol. Then based on your assigned category, you must supplement one or several of a variety of substances including prescription hydrocortisone, Adrenal Complex, herbs, zinc, phosphatidyl serine, etc.

I am willing and able to do the saliva test and take the suggested supplements if this is truly necessary and will actually work. Wondering if anyone has experience following her suggestions or experience addressing their own Adrenal Fatigue/Palpitations-from-NDT doing something similar or different?

The well-respected integrative MD I had been previously been working with (but dropped because she didn't seem very concerned with my palpitations or providing explanation why they were happening) just kept telling me to "Take more magnesium" as the antidote. Thoughts?

Peatful

Ugh.

Seems like you know -although well respected- they aren’t bright.

Yes. It does indicate high adrenal activity. Which in turn means low thyroid activity.
High cortisol -> low thyroid.

Why is your body stressed?

Are you pushing down on the proverbial gas pedal (supplementing T3 T4) with nothing in your tank?

What are your temps?

OP
A

AlisonG

Ugh.

Seems like you know -although well respected- they aren’t bright.

Yes. It does indicate high adrenal activity. Which in turn means low thyroid activity.
High cortisol -> low thyroid.

Why is your body stressed?

Are you pushing down on the proverbial gas pedal (supplementing T3 T4) with nothing in your tank?

What are your temps?
After going off NDT completely, it took months before the palpitations were gone. Then discovering Ray, I realized I really did need to supplement NDT, but this time I would go very slowly and without extra T3. It's been about 6 weeks and up to 60 mg. Morning temps vary but some have climbed into range at 97.8ish. Unfortunately, palpitations are back, though less obnoxious than before.

Upon retrospection, I have no doubt been Hypo my whole life and some stressful life events in the past emptied the tank. Currently, there's no good reason for stress to high except for that my heart is beating irregularly :)

Peatful

Why isn’t your tank full then currently?

Who says there is no good reason?
Isn’t that why you are here seeking answers?
You are looking for a reason to make sense out of this, right?

You think Ray says to take NDT continually?

Listen- I completely understand the confusion. The frustration. Even the fear.

But heart palpitations are not a good sign/symptom.
If you think NDT is working currently for you- you are incorrect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals